Splitting fields Marwell Manor

FS Velocity

Splitting fields Marwell Manor

Post by FS Velocity »

Oxygendavid has confirmed that in the 1.1 update he won’t be separating the 3 starting fields / farm due to it needing a new game save which is fair enough. But I’m not too bothered I am happy to start again, I like to work my way up to the big fields. my skills with GE is very very limited!! I turned collisions off the poles that’s as far as I can go with it. But I’d love to know how I’d go about spilting the 3 fields up so when I start I only own the farm area and say 1 small field. I did try the economy xml but that didn’t work.

Any help would be appreciated
iB055

Re: Splitting fields Marwell Manor

Post by iB055 »

:gamer:
Last edited by iB055 on Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
FS22 / PC & PS4 Pro
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

iB055 wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:57 pm
It's not a "lack of effort" David doesn't want people to have to start over. That comment is completely off base. The amount of effort it takes just to make a map is mind blowing.
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
iB055

Post by iB055 »

Last edited by iB055 on Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
FS22 / PC & PS4 Pro
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

iB055 wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:25 pm
Cool story bro, but that doesn't exactly line up with your comment:
iB055 wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:57 pm Very unfortunate news but not at all surprising given the lack of effort these days.
If you were talking about people not wanting to start a new save, what exactly was the unfortunate news? Why don't you try to clarify your statement rather than being insulting? I believe your illogical need to disparage me, hints at your lack of intelligence, not mine.

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
Cowboy5130

Post by Cowboy5130 »

Chill out, he meant what he meant and we’ll have to take his word on what he was saying, you don’t need to choose to be offended...
Ps4 realistic gameplay;
Ravenport start-from-scratch;
Absolutely love the game!
iB055

Post by iB055 »

Last edited by iB055 on Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
FS22 / PC & PS4 Pro
FarmerJeff

Post by FarmerJeff »

iB055 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:05 am
Addictedtofs wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:36 am
iB055 wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:25 pm
Cool story bro, but that doesn't exactly line up with your comment:
iB055 wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:57 pm Very unfortunate news but not at all surprising given the lack of effort these days.
If you were talking about people not wanting to start a new save, what exactly was the unfortunate news? Why don't you try to clarify your statement rather than being insulting? I believe your illogical need to disparage me, hints at your lack of intelligence, not mine.
I did clarify bro. If your lack of intelligence cannot comprehend clarification then that is your problem not mine bro.

It is unfortunate news that the starter fields will not be separated.

I'm sure they make a pill for what ails you though.
“People who are slow” and “lack of intelligence” are unnecessarily provocative. I’m happy I won’t lose the 70 hours I’ve put into Marwell Manor, including having to plow 28.44 hectares in the starting fields a second time. Divide the fields if you want smaller plots, terraform/paint dirt strips, while I have a larger yield without trees, hedges and fences in the way. It’s not my lack of effort that leads me to feel this way - I have 4,100 hours invested in FS beginning with 13.
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

iB055 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:05 am
As far as a lack of intelligence, I was prelaw at Yale and I have a degree in engineering from NC state. You really shouldn't try to insult me by claiming I'm unintelligent. If you don't want people to misinterpret the meaning behind your comments, you should try to be more transparent when you make them. Thank you and have a great day!

iB055

Post by iB055 »

Addictedtofs wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:53 am
As far as a lack of intelligence, I was prelaw at Yale and I have a degree in engineering from NC state. You really shouldn't try to insult me by claiming I'm unintelligent. If you don't want people to misinterpret the meaning behind your comments, you should try to be more transparent when you make them. Thank you and have a great day!
Cool story bro. *thumbsup* :mrgreen:
FS22 / PC & PS4 Pro
Dixie Farmer

Post by Dixie Farmer »

I would have liked smaller starting fields and equipment but I had a workaround which I’m enjoying. I started a game on the easiest mode, sold all the massive starting equipment and wasted the money buying and selling things until I had £500k then I “started from scratch” changed all the setting to max difficulty, bought the small NH harvester, 125hp tractor and a small seeder. Field 15 took so me 2hrs to harvest, 7ha all my own driving, no hired help. Another 2 hours to seed it again, the thought of doing that on 13.27ha Field 18 was enough for me to just ignore that field completely until I can afford bigger equipment, I use a growth control mod I found to make the crop take 5 days to be ready for harvest. I’m going to sow the grain crops at a different time to Corn, Soybean etc to give it a more realistic feel, pretty much like Seasons without the snow. Try it, it’s fun.
Last edited by Dixie Farmer on Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FarmerJeff

Post by FarmerJeff »

Very admirable and creative, you have more patience than I do. I kept the three fields and buildings with New Farmer, Normal difficulty, Slow growth, weeds on. All three have been plowed and the grass field turned into arable, the field on the left (15?) is growing its third crop. I have big equipment and haven’t hired any workers. Two of the three fields’ crops mature on different days than 15 to keep the work load more manageable.
Dixie Farmer

Post by Dixie Farmer »

It’s good to have a map that captures my imagination enough again, it has made FS19 feel like a whole new game.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

I hope this map gets the seasons love. Can see myself playing this for a LONG time.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

BreadedVirus wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:57 am I hope this map gets the seasons love. Can see myself playing this for a LONG time.
I hope so too.
I cringed when the AI planted cotton on field 1 :shock: