Guidance Steering WIP updates.

Lord Nighthawk

Re: Guidance Steering WIP updates.

Post by Lord Nighthawk »

It´s a nice Idea but for my poor not what i am looking for :(

I actually prefered - from upsidedowns gps - to simply set up the lining for the field and then steer manually along the shown lines so i don´t leave places out.

Maybe some also used the auto-steering but thats not my thing, i just need the helping lines to keep in track with manual steering.
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

When this mod is finished, you should be able to do pretty much the same thing.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
Wopster

Post by Wopster »

Lord Nighthawk wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:16 pm It´s a nice Idea but for my poor not what i am looking for :(

I actually prefered - from upsidedowns gps - to simply set up the lining for the field and then steer manually along the shown lines so i don´t leave places out.

Maybe some also used the auto-steering but thats not my thing, i just need the helping lines to keep in track with manual steering.
You have to understand that it's still WIP. The older version you're used to also wasn't build in 1 month, but rather developed over the years. You will have an A+ heading in the future.
HC1Gunner

Post by HC1Gunner »

I have trouble bringing up a saved track, I can't seem to re-load any of the tracks I've made and used.

I notice the colors keep changing for the the center line and the edges of the track. I like the center line colors, they work well, but that yellow - orang-ish edge colors blends with too man crops. Is there a place were we could edit in our own color in one of the files for the edges of the track?

Keep up the good work, its coming along nicely.
Asus ROG STRIX X670E-A GAMING
AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D
32GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo AMD EXPO 32GB DDR5 6000 F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR
SSD NVMe 1 TB - Samsung 990 PRO
Sapphire NITRO+ RX 7900 XTX Vapor-X
Corsair HX1200 1200 Watt Pwr Sup
NZXT Kraken Z73 360 AIO CPU Cooler
Sennheiser Game One headset / Sennheiser GSX 1000 Gaming Audio Amplifier
LG 32GK850G-B 32" QHD 65Hz Refresh Rate
Win 11 Pro 64bit
Wopster

Post by Wopster »

HC1Gunner wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:22 am I have trouble bringing up a saved track, I can't seem to re-load any of the tracks I've made and used.

I notice the colors keep changing for the the center line and the edges of the track. I like the center line colors, they work well, but that yellow - orang-ish edge colors blends with too man crops. Is there a place were we could edit in our own color in one of the files for the edges of the track?

Keep up the good work, its coming along nicely.
Loading tracks works fine, also in MP. (Before continuing make sure to grab the latest version.)
The flow of creating/saving/loading your track is as following:
Creation: set width -> set AB points in order to create your line -> open menu -> second tab -> type in a cool new name -> hit (important) create track first -> than save track -> exit menu.
Saving: do whatever you want to your current track -> open menu -> select the track -> hit save -> exit menu.
Loading: open menu -> select the track you want -> exit menu (the track is loaded while leaving the menu).

About the color, it's hard to statisfy everyone. Others complained about blue being hard to notice so I changed it to orange and they're happy. Now some are complaining about orange being hard to see. :D
I will make a configuration somewhere in the future..

Also this might be a good opportunity to give some updates from the last week:
  • Mod fully works in MP so far. (There where some errors with handling the tracks in MP)
  • Added sounds for activating/deactivating/headland warning.
  • Added track shifting (alt + page up/down)
  • Fixed some bugs with auto width calculation.
Currently working on introducing the headland actions which means setting different headland modes.
These modes are: auto stop, turning left and turn right.
The distance to act is configurable, this means that you can configure the distance that your vehicle should stop/turn.
Also when in turning mode you can configure the amount of lanes it should skip.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Any chance of adding a quick keybind to rotate a track 90 degrees. Would be really helpful when making headland passes round a field edge, without having to record points for a new track when doing two edges?
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
HC1Gunner

Post by HC1Gunner »

cwattyeso wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:12 pm Any chance of adding a quick keybind to rotate a track 90 degrees. Would be really helpful when making headland passes round a field edge, without having to record points for a new track when doing two edges?
Probably on his list of things to-do, but I like the idea! Most headlands I do manually, but some crops/harvesters require multiple headland passes in order to create enough U-turn area.
AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D
Win 11 Pro 64bit
HC1Gunner

Post by HC1Gunner »

Hmm, thought I would download and try the latest file today, but when I ran I ran the bat file with 7-Zip I got the below error.

File I:\FS 19\_Mods\Utilities\GPS v1.1 beta\guidanceSteering-master\zip-builder.ps1 cannot be loaded.
The file I:\FS 19\_Mods\Utilities\GPS v1.1 beta\guidanceSteering-master\zip-builder.ps1 is not digitally signed.
You cannot run this script on the current system. For more information about running scripts and setting execution policy, see
about_Execution_Policies at https:/go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=135170.
+ CategoryInfo : SecurityError: (:) [], ParentContainsErrorRecordException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : UnauthorizedAccess
AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D
Win 11 Pro 64bit
LSModding

Post by LSModding »

It is not a batch file, it is a power-shell script (huge difference, the power-shell is way more powerful than any batch command can ever be, you can configure your entire system and each and every setting with the Power-Shell, even settings that are not available via the graphical user interface).

Hit the WIndows Button, start typing "power" and you should see an entry for "Windows Power Shell", click on the arrow to the right of it and select run as Administrator and confirm the following message. Enter following command without the quotes "Set-ExecutionPolicy unrestricted" and hit enter, eventually confirm a warning message. After that you can run the PS-Script contained in the ZIP.

However, as always, a warning message: This is a rather dangerous setting, but without it you can't run unsigned scripts (most scripts are unsigned). This means that in future any PS Script can be executed without restriction.

To revert the change and secure your system again use the command "Set-ExecutionPolicy restricted".
Or if you feel adventerous just leave the setting on unrestricted, but don't come whinging if a malicious script wiped your PC.
HC1Gunner

Post by HC1Gunner »

IT profession for more than 20 years, I know what power shell is I use it all the time, but I've been using 7-Zip to run the batch file since the beta came out, this is the first time it would not run, so apparently Wopster did something a little different.

I'm not sitting an "unrestricted" policy on my PC, especially with Ms employees no longer able to do quality work in the Win 10 OS.
AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D
Win 11 Pro 64bit
Wopster

Post by Wopster »

Just run the batch .. that one calls the powershell script with Set-ExecutionPolicy remotesigned.

There's a batch and a powershell included.
HC1Gunner

Post by HC1Gunner »

Wopster wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:59 pm Just run the batch .. that one calls the powershell script with Set-ExecutionPolicy unrestricted.

There's a batch and a powershell included.
That's what I did run, and that was the message it gave me.
AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D
Win 11 Pro 64bit
HC1Gunner

Post by HC1Gunner »

I'm still having issues where it won't load a saved track. Just before I close the game today, I created a track for headlands and called it #15H, saved the track and used it.

I then created a new tracked to make my normal passes down the field saved it as #15. I closed the game, and replaced the mod with an updated version.

I launched the game, and I needed to clear the headland at the opposite end of the field, so I clicked a couple of times until #15H showed, and exited the menu. When I returned to the vehicle all I had was one single line pointing in the right direction. So apparently whenever I load a track into the window, and exit the menu, its not being loaded.

I created a new track for headlands again, saved it and used it. I then went to pull up track #15 that had been previously used and saved, and its now where to be found.
AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D
Win 11 Pro 64bit
Wopster

Post by Wopster »

Could you share your guidanceSteering.xml in your savegame folder? Wonder if you saved them corrrectly, just tried to reproduce.. but no problems here. Even no report form my testteams .. :hmm:
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

I have no idea and have not tested anything in relation to this - but is starting a (file) name with "#" good IT practice (especially on WinDoze)??