Weight; how does it work in-game?

iwan073

Weight; how does it work in-game?

Post by iwan073 »

Okay, I have a question.

Does a full 56000 liter trailer weigh the same no matter it’s load, or does (let’s say) hay weigh less or more than corn or wheat?
Ignorance is bliss
thumbwiz

Re: Weight; how does it work in-game?

Post by thumbwiz »

I'd be surprised if the devs thought that detailed or put the effort into coding different weights without somebody first pointing it out. Full trailers always felt the same in 17, no matter what was in them.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

I’m pretty sure they way differently both in FS17 and 19. There isn’t a huge difference in the way it feels but you can tell
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
GrimGandalf

Post by GrimGandalf »

I’m sure it was thought of, and I’m sure implementing it would’ve been tough to do. I also feel it wouldn’t have been worth the effort to do imo. I definitely can’t tell a difference if they did.
PS4, XBOX X & PC Video Game Farmer
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

If you look at the code there are different densities and weights for every crop, so it’s there, it’s just not super noticeable
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
KryptonSpencer

Post by KryptonSpencer »

If you're playing on PC/Mac then you can install the TSX_Enhanced Vehicle mod which displays the weight of the vehicle, any attached implements and as you add crops/bales to a trailer you can see the weight increasing. I also use the Fill Types Mass Adjust mod as I really like to feel the weight dragging on my tractor.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

KryptonSpencer wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:52 pm ...
Nice!

But I play in the PS4
Ignorance is bliss
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

there r weight differences.. crops aren't as noticeable but things like silage and manure outweigh the crops by a fair amount
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:02 pm there r weight differences.. crops aren't as noticeable but things like silage and manure outweigh the crops by a fair amount
Really? In game silage and manure are heavier than grain? As in the opposite of in real life?
stevoxsi

Post by stevoxsi »

How do you figure that one? Silage and manure are loads heavier irl due to the moisture content.
Fs11-15 on pc. Fs17 & 19 on xb1.
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

^^Not true, that’s the reason why trailers that are meant for both grain and silage generally have add on extensions for silage, silage is lighter than grain. Straw manure varies depending on when you haul it. Our cattle go to pastures in the spring and we haul the manure out in the fall and it is definitely lighter than the same volume of grain when it is done in this way. First thing in the spring when it is completely saturated with moisture it might be heavier but it would be close. This would be a crop like wheat or barley. I don’t know about crops like sunflowers, I’m thinking they would be lighter but not sure.
PS4
Traktorjonas

Post by Traktorjonas »

Canadafarms - I think you mistake silage from chaff?

Chaff is ligher than grain mostly - It weighs, depending on moisture of either grass/corn/something else chopped.
Normal it weighs 30-50% of the fill (1 m3 is like 300-500 kg)

Silage however is compresses, and more wet - Can easily weigh 800-1000 kg pr m3 - Mostly grass weighs more than corn silage.

Manure also outweighs grain mostly - It can weigh up to 110% of the fill - 1100 kg pr m3 - If its compresses (Cows walking on it)
But ofc i depends on which kind it is - Chicken is dry and weighs much less - and so on

Slurry mostly weighs 100% fill - 1000 kg pr m3
But can weigh less or more depending on what food the animal eats - but mostly is just around the 100% - 105%
Slurry taken out from BGA is like water 95%-100%

Wheat should weighs 72-75% of fill (720 - 750kg pr m3)
and a good barley should weigh 67-69%
Where springbarley weighs a bit less normaly.

Just saying depending on facts... there is no true or falls really - I use myself realistic mod - then i can adjust the weight and yield to realistic meassures.
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

Yeah your right, I should have said chaff, that’s what I meant but they were talking about the hauling materials so I just took it as hauling harvested crops. We just always call it silage, so that’s my mistake but generally you don’t haul fermented silage around unless your feeding it. I know compacted and in the pile it could weigh more but how would that translate to the weight of it in a trailer? Just speaking from personal experience loading our vertical mixer everyday with barley and silage, once it’s not packed it the pile anymore it becomes much lighter by volume, so in a trailer for the purposes of this conversation it would be lighter.

Again, with manure I was just speaking from experience. We don’t haul it when it’s saturated because usually the ground is saturated as well and we would just make a mess of the yard. Like you said, compacted on the ground, yes it is heavy but once loaded into a trailer or spreader and it is no longer compact, it becomes lighter by volume. So in relation to the topic of trailers, volume and weights, in my experience it would be lighter. Unless maybe European cattle’s s*** is heavier than NA cattle, I don’t know :confusednew: :lol:
PS4
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

i literally can only go by how the game responds.. in fs17 when i played on production maps i had modified trailers to transport bulk as i played by myself.. u don't really notice the difference with the in game stuffs but when u r towing a couple hundred thousand liters u can really feel the difference between some of the product.. i learned the same thing in fs19 using that weight mod.. some things r just really heavy.. lime for example is one of the heavier (if not the heaviest) things in fs19
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

Yeah they very well could be using the compacted volume weights for their in game calculations PJ so that would make sense. With manure and silage it would be quite different depending on moisture and compaction. Just a dumb farmer making some conversation is all :coolnew:
PS4