Giants Island 2019 Mod on Modhub

PitbullTasja

Giants Island 2019 Mod on Modhub

Post by PitbullTasja »

Platform PC
FS19 version 1.2.0.1
OS Windows 10 fully updated, PC drivers fully updated

Problem : loading mod gives black screen, i can do everything but he screen remains black with HUD over it.
Assumption is it is a mod problem of this mod, cause everything else works if i stop using this mod.

Link to the mod https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019

Errors from log:
Loaded the map but it is black screen, cant see anything
these errors show up :

2019-02-27 17:55 (482): ERROR: 'getReflectionColorBRDF_Old' : no matching overloaded function found
2019-02-27 17:55 Error: Failed to compile shader 59B9BC9F-000027B4-00000000-78000898.
2019-02-27 17:56 dataS2/character/crow/crow.i3d (21.01 ms)
2019-02-27 17:56 Warning: DensityMapVisualizationOverlay is being reset, because a DensityMap it refers to was deleted.
Attachments
log.txt
log of erros with GIants Island 09 as map
(89.28 KiB) Downloaded 105 times
cvKurt

Re: Giants Island 2019 Mod on Modhub

Post by cvKurt »

For me, I see an island NOT surrounded by water... even without any mods selected (but they are loaded). Will try with just the map in my mods folder in a bit.

Edit: duplicated with empty mods folder. Filled separate bug report as what I see is different than reported here.
Last edited by cvKurt on Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PitbullTasja

Post by PitbullTasja »

Did that as well screens show the result same as with other mods in folder

Attachments
log.txt
(14.92 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
sootyfarmer

Post by sootyfarmer »

Exactly same issue total black screen, tractor engine running, but can't see a thing.
PitbullTasja

Post by PitbullTasja »

I am not sure if you all are on version 1.2.0.1 i hear from reading comments on other (dubious) places that people on 1.3 BETA do not have any issues...
Sorry but I am not on BETA 1.3, I can expect and assume the mod should work on 1.2.0.1 as well?

Because not here at other places I am getting called terrible names for not using BETA...
Well Beta says it all, I choose not to use it cause it is not official patch, is anyone out here that is on beta 1.3 and is able to play the map?

If so all I have to do is wait for 1.3

Well I can say on BETA 1.3 the map works.

Really Giants?? Why approve a map that is build on a BETA patch 1.3 and will not run on v1.2 official version?
Anyone not on v1.3 can not play the map?

My god I find this ridiculous.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Having the same issue of only getting a black screen when loading this map. I too am not running the 1.3 Beta Patch, as don't want to be an unpaid tester for Giants. I'll sooner wait for an actual patch that has passed QA if such a thing exists at Giants. So can't offer any help on whether it works or not with the Beta Patch. However I do weigh in and say all the other maps that I have downloaded and work on 1.2.0.1 so can't believe someone would allow a map to release on ModHub that only works with a specific version of the game, that is at this point purely optional for players to update to.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Eische

Post by Eische »

I'm playing on PC and using Beta Patch 1.3

No problems on my end. No errors in log, no black screen.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

If it only runs on the beta patched version then in my opinion it should not have released on the modhub until the patch is no longer beta.
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

OP, did you move your game to somewhere else after installing it by any chance? Cause that might be causing the issue for anyone still on 1.2.
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Since game released it has been installed on my game drive in my steam library at: D:\Games\steamapps\common\Farming Simulator 19

My Data Folder has always been in the same place at: My Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2019

They've never moved anywhere. Just seems weird this is the only Map/Mod to not work correctly for people running the latest official version of the game 1.2.0.1, I'm not about to risk installing and updating to the Beta to see if it fixes this one map. I got far too much time invested in a couple of saves right now to jeopardise them with a Test Patch.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

So you have 1.2.01 in your steam install directory as usual and the map has the same issue for you?
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
Grassman01

Post by Grassman01 »

I'm running patch 1.2 on PC win 7 and have no sea/water/ocean around the island. Also, would it be possible for the sell station names to appear in English and other languages other than German for those of us who do not speak German.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

x Lethian x wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:45 pm So you have 1.2.01 in your steam install directory as usual and the map has the same issue for you?
That is correct, I've even re-verified the Game Files a couple of times within Steam and tried starting the game with just the Giants Island map as the only mod in the games mod folder and I just load into the Black Screen. Have the Hud on screen, can move about, tab into vehicles, here the game sounds etc, but just have a solid black screen and can't see anything.

kaitto2014

Post by kaitto2014 »

I am playing on 1.3beta right now and I have no problem with the map, no error in the log file, I also had the command console opened and no error appeared when loading the map.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Well this pretty much seems to confirm the map was made by someone who has built upon the Beta Patch 1.3 Data, which effectively blocks anyone on the Current Official Version of the game from being able to use it. This would also probably explain why this map doesn't show up for Console Players on the Mod Hub, as the console players don't have access to the 1.3 Beta.

Perhaps Giants could post an announcement on the Modding Page or somewhere where it would be very visible to mod makers to remind them to only construct their mods using the latest official build data of the game and not beta patch data which could be subject to change.