78%
NO
22%

Total votes: 89

SandyBay19

VEGETABLE/FRUIT FIELDS FOR FS19

Post by SandyBay19 »

Hi,

Not talking about Greenhouses (btw usefull and cute for small farms) but real vegetable, fruit and other fields, as part of the game like corn, barley, oat, ect...

Why not entire fields of:
-tomatoes
-carrots
-asparagus
-salad, endive, broccoli
-rhubarb
-onions
-spinach, mustard, peas, mushroom
ect..

Your thoughts??
Playing on PS4
FS11/15/17/19

Ski Region Simulator
Aholz89

Re: VEGETABLE/FRUIT FIELDS FOR FS19

Post by Aholz89 »

I would like to see that in the game at one point, because thats the kind of farming we have where I live, beside animal husbandry, grass/baling and silage.

Only thing is that they use manual labour when harvesting instead of machines.
Came here for information, stayed for the entertainment.
Jeramy

Post by Jeramy »

Personally I would also love to see more types of grass. I am from Oregon, Grass Seed is a huge industry around here.
SandyBay19

Post by SandyBay19 »

Aholz89 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:20 pm I would like to see that in the game at one point, because thats the kind of farming we have where I live, beside animal husbandry, grass/baling and silage.

Only thing is that they use manual labour when harvesting instead of machines.
100% agree
Playing on PS4
FS11/15/17/19

Ski Region Simulator
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Different grass types like alfalfa and triticale for sure, because in Washington, like Oregon, grass types are big. As far as fruit types go, grapes don’t require manual labor, and mods already have come out. At least having that as a mod for console and pc would be amazing.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Coldlandlord

Post by Coldlandlord »

Nope because there isn't the machinery or the processes in the game to support them. We have enough "token gesture" crops in the game that are there for the sake of being there but have not been implemented properly.

Potatoes have been in the game for years now and they may as well not be as there's no bed tillers, destoners, etc and the textures are a joke. You create a seed bed first and then you plant the spuds. You don't take a planter into a flat cultivated field and get perfect rows come out of the back. For some reason the textures don't follow the planter either so headlands are terrible.

I was really hoping that they would improve the root crops we've had in the past games rather than adding more in half heartedly.
Farmerbear53

Post by Farmerbear53 »

I would like to see onions and cucumbers.
:hi: Don't be a hater least you be hated.
Xbox Series X (primary) *thumbsup* and PS4 Pro
Leicesterlichtie

Post by Leicesterlichtie »

Since FS15, when I started playing these games, my sister always asks if I'm building turnips. So although this phrase is only used as fun every time I'm farming, it would be good to grow turnips so I can reply yes when asked. Just for a laugh, the other Christmas I bought her a couple of turnips & told her I'd built some. :lol:

Fs15 on Ps3
Fs17 on Ps4
Fs19 on Ps4
Fs22 on Ps4
Enjoys growing sunflowers
Kgbow

Post by Kgbow »

Coldlandlord wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:43 am Nope because there isn't the machinery or the processes in the game to support them. We have enough "token gesture" crops in the game that are there for the sake of being there but have not been implemented properly.

Potatoes have been in the game for years now and they may as well not be as there's no bed tillers, destoners, etc and the textures are a joke. You create a seed bed first and then you plant the spuds. You don't take a planter into a flat cultivated field and get perfect rows come out of the back. For some reason the textures don't follow the planter either so headlands are terrible.

I was really hoping that they would improve the root crops we've had in the past games rather than adding more in half heartedly.

Agreed! I swear someone was working on a mod forbthis back in 15 or 17? Imagine how cool that would be. Have a plastic layer go on behind them and it could take a few weeks off your growth time!
anthu

Post by anthu »

100%agree.
I was lucky when the first multifruit map appear for Ls19.
So i built in tobacco, carrots, onion, rye, sorghum and millet in my own felsbrunn map.
What can i do with it?
Seeding, harvesting, selling - same as other fruits, but i like the variety on the fields.
Lg
Andreas
SandyBay19

Post by SandyBay19 »

anthu wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:29 pm 100%agree.
I was lucky when the first multifruit map appear for Ls19.
So i built in tobacco, carrots, onion, rye, sorghum and millet in my own felsbrunn map.
What can i do with it?
Seeding, harvesting, selling - same as other fruits, but i like the variety on the fields.
Lg
Andreas
it's all about variety.
Playing on PS4
FS11/15/17/19

Ski Region Simulator
BostonJohnny1226

Post by BostonJohnny1226 »

At least onions, for Taco Farmer's taco stand
Farmer Bacon

Post by Farmer Bacon »

It would be great to have a few more root crops and maybe some fruits in the game.
A virtual farmer. FS17 FS19 FS22 PS5
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

One of my previous suggestions never really got any attention.
In my area there are a couple Sod farms, the perfect grass fields look very cool, and the machinery they use to make cut and roll look amazing.
Anyone that likes working the grass fields would probably like the addition of Sod farming and the related machines.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

+1 for improvements/diversity to existing crops! (Potatoes, Grass)