Budget and Luxury. What’s the Mercedes amongst tractors

iwan073

Budget and Luxury. What’s the Mercedes amongst tractors

Post by iwan073 »

I was wondering.

In the tractor world, what would be the expensive “luxury” brand(s) amongst tractors?

And what would be the cheap budget brand(s)?
Ignorance is bliss
duncan_101

Re: Budget and Luxury. What’s the Mercedes amongst tractors

Post by duncan_101 »

In real life or in the game?
Happly farming in Fryslan.
On an Asus RoG laptop.
hjvg

Post by hjvg »

iwan073 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:03 am I was wondering.

In the tractor world, what would be the expensive “luxury” brand(s) amongst tractors?

And what would be the cheap budget brand(s)?
in real life:

fendt and john deere are the 2 top brands on the market

cheapest one`s would be zetor, urses and huliman

probley 1 or 2 other brands that can be added by cheapest but those are the 3 at my mind
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

duncan_101 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:23 am In real life or in the game?
Yeah real life
Ignorance is bliss
duncan_101

Post by duncan_101 »

Then I can only go off what I see around here.

Fendt being top of the line and I have no idea what is the bottom of the bunch.
On an Asus RoG laptop.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Where would New Holland stand, quality wise?

Somehow that blue paint makes it seem a bit “cheap”?
Ignorance is bliss
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

Expensive brands:
German made stuff: Deutz-Fahr, Claas, Holmer, Grimme

Regular stuff:
JD, Case IH, New Holland, Valtra, JCB, MF, Fendt, Challanger

Cheap stuff:
Russian and Eastern Europe stuff mostly: Ursus, Zetor, Belarus, Agromash
Last edited by IceUul on Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
duncan_101

Post by duncan_101 »

Top 5 I'd say.

But let's face it. In the end it's not always a question of wich is the best...

It's a matter of the best bang for your buck.

Lately I see deutz driving around more and more again. Together with new Holland I think those are the best selling ones right now
On an Asus RoG laptop.
lloydhard

Post by lloydhard »

iwan073 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:35 am Where would New Holland stand, quality wise?

Somehow that blue paint makes it seem a bit “cheap”?
A New Holland is just a poor mans case. Recently some of Case and New Holland tractors are almost the same, with minor cosmetic differences. So New Holland is just under Case in the standings.
Playing on PS4
I'm a real life dairy farmer in eastern Canada
CMDRTAKEDOWN

Post by CMDRTAKEDOWN »

If you want Luxury then Lamborghini is the most expensive.
PS4
PS5
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

I'm not a farmer, but most of the equipment is a dime a dozen anymore. The equipment relies so much on electronics anymore that it is increasingly difficult to work on if you're a "Do it yourself" kinda guy. They say that Fendts have about the best transmission out there from what I've heard. Dad's got a 2003 John Deere 4410 with a loader. Got a 35 hp Yanmar diesel engine in it. It starts up the same in 10 degree weather as it does in 90 degree weather. Very rarely have to use the glow plugs. We use it for chores around the place with Mom's goats and some light brushogging mostly. One thing with John Deere equipment is that it uses John Deere's own Hy-guard hydraulic oil, which actually is better than the rest, but is also more expensive to buy. I grew up around Case, John Deere, and New Holland mostly. Each farm has different reasons for using the machine it does. Up here, sometimes, the nearest dealer might be 45 minutes or more away, and even that can influence a decision. I'm not a farmer though. Just grew up around it.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

I'm not sure why you guys are so all over the place on this, a Mercedes is the Mercedes of tractors.

Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

What a fun question! Lets start with a tractor for our penny pinching farmers. If you are in the market for a budget friendly tractor, nothing can compete with this guy.

The KIOTI CK2510. Built by Daedong-USA, Inc. It features a 24.5 HP (18.2 KW) engine with a 6F/2R manual transmission. It will set you back a meager $22,000.

Now for the big boy. When it comes to luxury, the nod goes to this guy.

With a 6-cylinder, two-stage turbocharged air-to-water intercooled air-to-air aftercooled diesel and a maximum 682 hp, it's original price was an eye popping $567,632!

For a fun bonus I'd be remiss not to mention this bad boy.

Not only is the Big bud 747 the largest tractor ever built (50 tons, 4.27 meters in height and 8.1 meters in length) It cost the customer $300,000 in 1977. That's a whopping 1.13 million dollars in today's money!
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
TaintedBlackCat

Post by TaintedBlackCat »

Lol cool topic!😸 Most would be surprised but in Australia we got all the big brands: Case, New Holland, Duetz Fahr, John Deere, Massey Ferguson, CLAAS. You don't see a whole lot of Eastern Euro brand tractors. You see more Euro trucks, our fire engines are mostly Scania, we see plenty of Man, Merc trucks but also heaps of U.S. trucks Macs and freightliner (U.S. I think).

Anyway due to the strong Aussie Dollar, high wages and GDP all tractors here are expensive. Deutz and Case are probably considered premium tractors by most farmers (My family included, we only run Duetz Fahr on our dairy farm, old Argrostars not the new luxury beasts - we wish we could upgrade). John Deere are Sooo expensive here, most farmers dream of owning one brand new, but few do.

I found an article, did the good old cut and paste, see below, it's our Aussie top ten:

Australia’s Top 10 Farm Tractor Brands
KRYSTLE RICHARDSON
FARMING KNOW-HOW

We’ve come a long way from the good old days of farming, where the only brand you had to worry about was the one you stamped on your horse’s rear end. Tractors have taken over the role of workhorses and, with every passing year, there are more brands and models on the market.

To make life easier for you, we’ve rounded up Australia’s top 10 brands based on performance, consumer popularity and how well they’ve tailored their machines to our unique Aussie environment.

Massey Ferguson
John Deere
Case IH
New Holland
Kubota
Claas
Deutz-Fahr
Fendt
Mahindra
Iseki

END ARTICLE

Cool hey? Jap brands tractors like Kubota are becoming a popular choice more and more here because of the prohibitive costs of owning Euro or U.S. tractors.

Can't speak for the whole of Australia, but most farmers on the East coast tend to run their equipment into the ground before upgrading. One of our Agrostars has lost its door, radio, aircon, upholstery, gauges and a couple of gears. The tyre tread is down to nothing and we patch the inner tubes once a week at least, when we get bogged or beached we use our 55 year old Massey grader to pull her outta trouble.

Went way off topic, but yeh, for me Duetz and Case are top of the list for luxury. Or Lamborghini bit I've only ever seen one in FS, never real life😹

Edit - even MORE info
I'm not perfect..but I'm Australian, and that's pretty damn close!!🐈 . Ex Royal Australian Navy sailor. Moved to New Zealand recently to dairy farm in New Zealand. 600 milking cows. Running old Duetz Fahr Agrostar 6.61
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

I’ve only worked with and around case so I’ve come the love them and if you feel like throwing the extra penny in you can get the luxury cabs with the cab suspension and better upholstery inside, pretty much all I see if jd or case ih and both can be really nice but Lamborghini is where it’s at for super nice, for a good bang for buck small tractor try kubota they’ll run forever and are pretty dang stout for their size