Console modding on a decline ??

BreadedVirus

Re: Console modding on a decline ??

Post by BreadedVirus »

Daviss42 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:57 pm This whole script nonsense, its clear that game changing script based mods like seasons can come to consoles because if there popular enough giants should be integrating them into the base game and they don't have to worry about the modded scripts. Lazyness from giants end.
A fair few modders have also stopped console mods, due to spamming, threatening behaviour towards them. That there will cause a decline in mods coming to console.

Saw one modder the other day on Facebook get spammed by "make this come to console" and he deleted the post with regards to the mod...

Do not run them off. They do you a favour by giving you their mods...at no charge. *thumbsup*
the big print giveth the small print taketh
Airborne82nd

Post by Airborne82nd »

But why do console need modders? Just hire folks and come out with more dlc. This "modder" obsession is really getting old. Who cares about them? Giants should be coming out with the content on consoles, not modders. That's the PC.
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

So that’s your answer ? Hire people, make dlc etc ? What about all the maps console players want ? All the other handy bits and pieces ?
Mods make the game last so much longer.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
Airborne82nd

Post by Airborne82nd »

Well, what one may want, others may not. And altogether this don't seem to be working. We're now in March, and hardly anything there, and evidently modders not wanting to do do it. However, as console players it shouldn't be up to us to want modders. It should be via dlc as it always is for us. That's why for me i don't caught up in these modder conversations, because they have no place on consoles.

If it worked, fine. But it's not. That means it's up to Giants to take reigns for consoles.

I mean for me, i just want a blank flat template and i'll fill it in. With Win 7, if i could just come out my own map, for my own use, i'd just do that, and my conversations with these "mods" would be over. But that's just me.

For others, if they want content, and it's not forthcoming from modders, they have to go to Giants with their requests. That's who they paid for the game, not modders.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Most of the community will tell you that it was the same way for the first 6 or so months for FS17 too.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Airborne82nd wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:29 pm But why do console need modders? Just hire folks and come out with more dlc. This "modder" obsession is really getting old. Who cares about them? Giants should be coming out with the content on consoles, not modders. That's the PC.
That’s really easy to say when you have a pc bud
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Airborne82nd

Post by Airborne82nd »

Well, truthfully, we ended 17 with two years worth of mods and dlc. Now we're back to square one. Didn't anyone know there would be this mass request, in so much more content would come out the gate?? And really, that was the first year we dealt with mods on console. And even that being said, i think Westbridge Hills, a mod by Giants themselves, came out in May in the cycle. We certainly had many mods prior to that. Much more than this i would think.
Guil

Post by Guil »

May is 2 months from now and FS17 came out in October so that was 8 months later
Airborne82nd

Post by Airborne82nd »

Right, and in that, we had more mods before May, than we have now. Unless in the next couple of months we see weekly influx, and i doubt that's gonna happen. You're only talking about a month difference.
Guil

Post by Guil »

You're discounting the fact that FS19 came out a month later than 17.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Also the fact that some of the QA team was missing for a long time
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Airborne82nd

Post by Airborne82nd »

Right, one month? If not just a few week difference? Again, a very simple solution. Giants did very well with this title as far as sales. Record sales? So, all they have to do, is hire like three subcontractors, who could be modders themselves, to soley work on mods and/or dlc, and just keep pumping them out for the consoles.

If they want to charge for the dlc, charge. We're used to that on consoles. That's for sure. We get more content, and Giants makes money. That could work.
Guil

Post by Guil »

The game has been out 15 weeks, in that time there is 10 pages of mods, in the same time FS17 had 11 pages of mods but also didn't suffer the delay with testing with only 1 person in QA while others were out sick etc.
Airborne82nd

Post by Airborne82nd »

Right, again, i understand Giants is dealing with some issues. However, would a company forsee an issue like these happening? Well, they didn't. They just need more folks to create the content. Relying on everyday folks, not on a payroll to keep your game going may end a huge mistake indeed, and it looks like it may be, given the reactions of the modders.
Guil

Post by Guil »

How could any company foresee an employee getting sick? Same way it is impossible to see a modder giving up modding for various reasons and one of them being health issues.