[FS19]DevBlog - Let’s Bale!

livesea72

Re: [FS19]DevBlog - Let’s Bale!

Post by livesea72 »

Too bad it takes sooo long to plant populars not sure if the bailer will make it worth the time investment.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

DirectCedar wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:40 pm
Miketeg wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:07 pm Proud to see a hometown (Quebec, Canada) company to bring their equipment to the game!

Vive le Québec :)
Vous etes du Quebec Mike?
J'aime la belle province :smileynew:
Especiallement la poutine :biggrin2:
En effet :-)
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
Redd

Post by Redd »

Mainly i like what i see. But theres no point at all to have more Auto stackers for square bales when we already have FSX 63.72 there basicly have the same capacity. Now ppl will just go for the 24 round baler instead. Same goes for the log loader.

If you make an dlc. There need to be something uniq imo. Like it was for The Big Bud dlc.
Maybe make some fun out of it and make some Classic Trators (old) with Equipment.

But can you maybe make, so the round baler auto unloads. Thats the main resone to that i normaly don't use em, compare to it's square brother baler. As you can keep driving.
throsbi

Post by throsbi »

I logged in to post something and got all side tract after reading the suggestion of a Classic Tractor DLC. I would add it should be a classic tractor & equipment pack. When I seen horses added and the option to start from scratch the first thing I thought of was, O boy we are gonna start from horse drawn equipment and a small farm and work up to industrial agriculture farms. O well.

O now I remember with this DLC are we going to see poplar missions turned on and this equipment along with the old poplar working stuff added to the possible equipment to complete them?

Would be interesting to get a mission to deliver a field worth of poplar bales.
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

throsbi wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:40 pm I logged in to post something and got all side tract after reading the suggestion of a Classic Tractor DLC. I would add it should be a classic tractor & equipment pack. When I seen horses added and the option to start from scratch the first thing I thought of was, O boy we are gonna start from horse drawn equipment and a small farm and work up to industrial agriculture farms. O well.

O now I remember with this DLC are we going to see poplar missions turned on and this equipment along with the old poplar working stuff added to the possible equipment to complete them?

Would be interesting to get a mission to deliver a field worth of poplar bales.
As long as we don't have to plant them (No contract amount will get me to do that again anytime soon)
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
throsbi

Post by throsbi »

@livesea72 thats the great part of missions if its something you dont like to do you just dont accept it. Also some people forget if its a mission you want to do but the equipment they offer is not something you wish to use you can always accept the mission and go to shop menu and lease the items you want.

Thats usually what I do, accept the mission and open the shop menu to get the equipment I enjoy. Only time I ever take what they offer is if its something I have never used or have not used in a long time.
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

throsbi wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:26 pm @livesea72 thats the great part of missions if its something you dont like to do you just dont accept it. Also some people forget if its a mission you want to do but the equipment they offer is not something you wish to use you can always accept the mission and go to shop menu and lease the items you want.

Thats usually what I do, accept the mission and open the shop menu to get the equipment I enjoy. Only time I ever take what they offer is if its something I have never used or have not used in a long time.
I have about 3,000 hours across 4 FS games and over 250 on 19. The point i was trying to make is how painful planting populars is. I've done ove a millon liters of wood chips in one harvest befor so I've went over the extreme and even small fields while not as time consuming just isn't that profitable.
Hunter 3556

Post by Hunter 3556 »

Ok but when I was on the website it said that it was only for pc
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

You'll need to go to the PS or XBOX stores to buy and download it for console, once it's available.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Looking good *thumbsup*
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

Thanks for the new blog!
Is the poplar bale a new product with respect to the selling points?
Or is it going to sell at the woodchip rate?
throsbi

Post by throsbi »

livesea72 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:34 pm
throsbi wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:26 pm @livesea72 thats the great part of missions if its something you dont like to do you just dont accept it. Also some people forget if its a mission you want to do but the equipment they offer is not something you wish to use you can always accept the mission and go to shop menu and lease the items you want.

I have about 3,000 hours across 4 FS games and over 250 on 19. The point i was trying to make is how painful planting populars is. I've done ove a millon liters of wood chips in one harvest befor so I've went over the extreme and even small fields while not as time consuming just isn't that profitable.
I am just glad they dont track non steam time played or GE editor time. I would hate to see how much time I have spent.

I was playing around with settings and I turned on poplar's setting for field missions and boom, had two fields planted with poplar automagically. I have not played long enough to see them come to harvest. So I have no idea if they will pop up the harvest mission. Keep in mind you must do so on a custom map. Never want to change game files or you will not be able to play MP. I plan to leave it set this way if no harvest mission comes up I am fine with that its nice to see the field planted with them along with all the other crops. (playing on PC fyi)

Only complaint I have is the field is planted completely full of poplar with no spacing in between. Is poplar not planted in a row than a small space and a row and space etc etc? I guess the visual would be nothing more than that as the game engine might be limited but it seems to me this would have been the way to do it.

Edit: forgot to mention I am now wondering if this will be turned on with the DLC so we can get missions to plant/harvest poplar. I can see people cringe now when the harvest mission comes up and they get the baler instead of the poplar head and forage harvester. :)
Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Post by Chaki »

george.earlslight wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:51 pm Thanks for the new blog!
Is the poplar bale a new product with respect to the selling points?
Or is it going to sell at the woodchip rate?
It's gonna sell at woodchip rate with one bale equalling at 2000l.
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

O5-Chris wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:40 pm It's gonna sell at woodchip rate with one bale equalling at 2000l.
Are you guys planning to buff wood chip prices? Does it do anything other than "bale" small popular trees; like grinding stumps, mowing down bushes, grinding up sticks?

If all it does is make a bale of wood chips out of smaller popular trees and the wood chips sell for current prices, it is completely worthless and ya'll just wasted a ton of resources on something that is complete junk. Small popular trees take forever to plant, this baler is going to have all the standard stop/start issues of the normal round balers and wood chips are basically worthless.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

Do you speak to people like that in real life?
If you don't see it being of any use to you then fine, don't buy it. No need to be so rude to Chris/Giants who was simply answering a question.

The DLC looks great to me. Brings lots of new functionality to the game and will be fun to use, regardless of what "money" can be made.