Giants Island 2019 Mod on Modhub

okiemarine

Re: Giants Island 2019 Mod on Modhub

Post by okiemarine »

norfolk farmer wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:37 am If it only runs on the beta patched version then in my opinion it should not have released on the modhub until the patch is no longer beta.
Or at the very least add a warning that it's for the beta version.

And how does that slip by the mod testers? Surely SOMEONE knew it only works on 1.3.
baltic1284

Post by baltic1284 »

I am actually not that mad at mod who made the mod isn't his fault at all, all he or she did was make a mod for us to enjoy. I am mad at the Giants and ModHub though they let a mod go past there so called checks and evaluation and what not to ensure good mods get by and guess what a mod built on a beta platform got threw my question is if it is so good why on there checking why a Beta Mod for a Beta Platform get threw then so easily and what will be done to prevent such a thing happening again.
PitbullTasja

Post by PitbullTasja »

x Lethian x

I just read your question, steamversion of the game Steam is by default installed on my 2nd drive (more space and saves hassle of reinstalling), so are my savegames.
To humor you i uninstalled Steam, reinstalled on C (what it by default does under normal circumstances) also let the game make new save, only had Giants Islands 09 in the mod folder and still black screen.

It only works on 1.3 patch for me, which is still in beta.

I even went way to far by reinstalling entire windows and everything I had on my pc on c, still only beta patch 1.3 and the back screen si gone.
It is at this time impossible to let it run on 1.2.0.1

I am frustrated that it is not in the description, everyone I know from friends (all over the world) tried the map and they all confirm only on beta patch 1.3 and the map works. They also tried with steam on default location with savegames etc and on their own disk choice.
Some also have the version bought through Giants and also then only on beta patch 1.3 it will run without issues and without errors.
All combo possible we tried, we can not run it on 1.2.0.1

As mentioned by others as well in the meantime.

Modmaker using beta patch 1.3 perfect, only a shame it won't run on 1.2.0.1 at this time, will wait for patch to become official in time.
As someone else also mentioned if it gets approved maybe a suggestion to add required version (even if it is still in beta at that time) to prevent misunderstandings?

To others that replied thanks for your input and support.
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

We updated the description for now with the necessary information that it only runs on 1.3 Beta until further notice. The mod is not available for consoles fyi.
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
PitbullTasja

Post by PitbullTasja »

Thank you Lethian
Grassman01

Post by Grassman01 »

Updated to Patch 1.3 and the prices for the sell points have disappeared. I have re-downloaded but it made no difference. Not only have the sell point prices disappeared, but so have all the sell points. May I suggest that the map be returned to the modder for updating and then resubmitted for riggerous testing.