Mods not comming to consoles

Mattharv

Mods not comming to consoles

Post by Mattharv »

Why are so many mods just going pc that don't appear to have outside scripts like bale grabs tipoers cultivators seems like everything is just going pc
don_apple

Re: Mods not comming to consoles

Post by don_apple »

Since a Windows system is required to create mods, mods are always available for the Windows and macOS version by default.

Getting a mod in a state that will allow it to be published for the console version of the game usually requires some extra efforts, there is actually more required than just making sure the mod doesn't contain any additional scripts.

It is up to the creators of the mod to decide if they want to do the extra amount of work to get a mod console ready or not, and many modders seem to decide not to.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
TSM

Post by TSM »

you will find main reason not lot of modders bothering at present it take 4 weeks to get mod in testing if its rejected some are taking 1 week or more to get back into testing and that is just to get it to pc, so if console user's want to complain take it up with Giants who have created a situation where some modders will decided Giants hub is not worth the time.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Yup
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

I'll be patient all day long rather than lose the modders that will make this game awesome. I hope giants works with them and keep them otherwise it's dead in the water...
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
FarmerJDC

Post by FarmerJDC »

Agreed
Jämtvargen

Post by Jämtvargen »

I'll rather wait and make sure a mod doesn't f upp my savegame
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Another reason why you see more mods releasing to the PC/Mac platforms as opposed to also releasing on PS4/Xbox is that the Console Mods have way more restrictions on them then a lot of people realise. It's not just scripts that will prevent a mod from not being allowed on the Consoles, but other things as well like using Custom Shaders or Textures with a higher resolution then standard. Things like that, which modders do to make their mods special and stand out a little more, mean pretty much they can never be put on console. Also there is the licensing issues as well, believe it or not but again there are seperate terms and conditions for releasing mods featuring brands on consoles. That's why things like the recent Claas Tractors we've had on PC haven't appeared on Console.

So for a Mod Maker, it's almost at a point where when they have taken a lot of their time and effort to make a mod and submit it to the ModHub, if they want to release it on Console, they almost have to upload it as a seperate mod and make so many changes and downgrade their work. This for a lot of the mod makers doing the work for free is just too much of an ask. They shouldn't need to manage and maintain two versions of a mod here in 2019. It's really time Giants made more effort and did the work to bring the game on whatever platform to the same parity, this means really getting tough on the console manufacturers to lift the handcuffs and shackles they are putting on the series.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

Maybe the angst shouldn't be directed at Giants and modders, but rather console manufacturers whose restrictions are driving the disparity?

Considering that Sony and Microsoft are the owners of the restrictions imposed upon console content, it still baffles me that members of this community are so quick to blame Giants and modders, whereas I would offer that mods are still making their way to console, which speaks volumes, given how challenging it can be.

Yes, many modders don't want to be bothered with porting to console - I don't blame them one bit! But I am also not a fan of "make it equal across platforms", given that it typically means compromises on the PC side, and I say that as someone who enjoys FS on both PC and PS4 (though admittedly, PS4 sees less and less playtime, given how much better I enjoy it on PC).

Unfortunately, we live in a world where compromises are a part of our daily life. In this case, it means that there are more hoops to jump through to deliver mods to console, and the angst of the community directed towards Giants and the modders themselves will likely not resolve the issue to the desired extent.

TL;DR: Stop blaming GIANTS and Modders for the restrictions imposed by Sony and Microsoft!
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

No one is blaming modders, many people are in agreement with the modders that the restrictions in place don't warrant the time to develop console versions of their mods for the little reward they receive for the work they do. I would much sooner Modders go all out and make the mods they want, with the features and content they desire, then compromise in someway just to get it on console. As someone who also plays on both PC & PS4, but with a massive difference in time played between the two, with almost 600 Hours on PC as of now and about 75 hours only on PS4, I too find PC being the more attractive and enjoyable platform to play on because of the amazing mods that only can be found and work on that platform.

Yes you can blame Giants, as they should really be banging on Sony & Microsoft's doors to get the performance restrictions lifted and also the licensing stuff so that people can produce more content for those platforms. Farming Simulator 19 has sold millions of copies across the board, made Giants quite a lot of money. Perhaps they should spend some of that money by paying Sony and Microsoft to resolve the issues the game faces on those platforms. If Sony & Microsoft don't want to play ball and work with Giants, then perhaps Giants need to big enough and firm enough with them to say, "Okay, fair enough, if you're not going to remove your restrictions and play fair with us, then we're not going to develop for and support your consoles any more." Hit Sony and Microsoft in the only place they really take notice and that's their wallets.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

cwattyeso wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:48 am If Sony & Microsoft don't want to play ball and work with Giants, then perhaps Giants need to big enough and firm enough with them to say, "Okay, fair enough, if you're not going to remove your restrictions and play fair with us, then we're not going to develop for and support your consoles any more." Hit Sony and Microsoft in the only place they really take notice and that's their wallets.
I hope you're joking. I doubt Microsoft or Sony would change their process for a game like FS, if they even know what it is or who Giants are.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
pingu

Post by pingu »

The hardware is what it is. The limitations are no secrets. Nobody is forcing anyone to develop for the consoles, and hence Microsoft and Sony have no responsibilities whatsoever. I'm pretty sure GIANTS tried to do their best. If you don't think so, then present technical facts about what they did wrong and what could make FS on consoles much better. If you can't, then live with it. And if you still don't like it, then A) don't play FS on consoles, B) don't buy a console, or C) develop and manufacture your own hardware that is optimized for FS.
<-- FS17 on an iMac 27" playing Lone Oak Farm and The Western Shore -->
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

cmdrbyron wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:31 am TL;DR: Stop blaming GIANTS and Modders for the restrictions imposed by Sony and Microsoft!
Apparently sony is the one putting lots of restrictions on console mods, and since giants refuses to split the mods like it should be (one catagory for each console) xbox players get screwed over too
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Guil

Post by Guil »

Apparently they are rumours. I could turn around and say the complete opposite and go as far as saying Sony will allow all scripts on PS4 but that doesn't make it true.
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

Well, not sure dividing the mod pool further will actually help matters... If anything, while I appreciate it would make it better for one console, it would likely make things even more difficult from an overall management perspective.