Seasons 19 WIP Updates (PC release 24/07)

BrandonD01

Re: Seasons 19 WIP Updates (Unknown Release Date)

Post by BrandonD01 »

DeDenker wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:36 pm Let me start by giving the Realismus Modding team a sincere thank you! I really had a good time with seasons in FS17, and I appreciate the time and work invested by you!

But now FS19 is here, and on our dedicated server we really like the multi farm system and the building your own farm part.
So we wonder if Seasons in FS19 will break the multi farm gameplay?
In FS17 we all 'belonged' to the same farm, so whoever was playing on the server did the next job.
In FS19 we all have our own farm, so if I am playing, I am working on my own farm. Suppose it is harvest season, but I can't play a couple of days. Other players on our dedicated can and the season goes by. Then I will lose my harvest, or my animals will die because they have no water...

Will there be a solution for this in seasons 19, or will we have to choose between seasons or the multifarm system?
You bring up a very good point DeDenker, it would probably stand to reason that the people joining the server would have to choose one or the other; seasons or multifarm, or all agree to play around the same amount real life time each day, as not to drive other farmers on same server out of business. :confusednew: :hmm:
BrandonD01
JESUS is LORD!!
!!FARM ON!!

PS4 - CajunFarmboy
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

That is very, very cool!

(Waiting as patiently as I can!)

... and thanks for the preview!
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

DeDenker wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:36 pm Let me start by giving the Realismus Modding team a sincere thank you! I really had a good time with seasons in FS17, and I appreciate the time and work invested by you!

But now FS19 is here, and on our dedicated server we really like the multi farm system and the building your own farm part.
In FS17 we all 'belonged' to the same farm, so whoever was playing on the server did the next job.
In FS19 we all have our own farm, so if I am playing, I am working on my own farm. Suppose it is harvest season, but I can't play a couple of days. Other players on our dedicated can and the season goes by. Then I will lose my harvest, or my animals will die because they have no water...

Will there be a solution for this in seasons 19, or will we have to choose between seasons or the multifarm system?
The same issue exists on non-Seasons games though. Withering is also a thing in the basegame.
Anyways, it is just how life is. If a farmer goes on holiday, time goes on and so do his crops. There really is nothing we can do about this in the game either. We can't have the seasons move differently per farm.
sootysax

Re: Seasons 19 WIP Updates

Post by sootysax »

GodLinn wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:27 am Hello. I just wanted to drop by and kindly ask what the release date of this mod is. Have a good day!
There's always one knucklehead...
JD92

Post by JD92 »

is it possible with this new mod to see a crop irrigation system? also based on geo and weather?
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

DeDenker wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:36 pm

The solution would be, i think, to contract the harvest/animal care / field work to the other players on the server while you're away.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
DeDenker

Post by DeDenker »

Rahkiin wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:19 pm

The same issue exists on non-Seasons games though. Withering is also a thing in the basegame.
Anyways, it is just how life is. If a farmer goes on holiday, time goes on and so do his crops. There really is nothing we can do about this in the game either. We can't have the seasons move differently per farm.
Thank you for your reply!
It is the answer I expected, but not the one I hoped for.....

Withering is not really a problem in the basegame, it is an option with a simple switch to turn it off.
It is obvious that you can't have the seasons move differently per farm. This would leave one farm in the winter and the other in summer. This would require a globe shaped map, with the separate farms on islands, floating in the ocean from the northern to the southern hemisphere, wherever the summer or the winter is...... (am I talking FS29 here...? :lol:)

A very elegant and more realistic (FS19-FS21) solution would be that, at the end of a season, the in game time would stop until all the season work is done. For example: end of harvest season; farmer A, B and C have there fields harvested, farmer D has to work in real life and can't play FS this week, so his fields go in the contract system, the other players can do the contract, bring the harvest in the silo from farmer D, and their payment for the work will be deducted from farmer D's account. When all the owned fields are harvested, game time will run again. This can be similar for things like animal care, but things like forestry and crops like popular can be left as they are, since they would survive winter. To put the cherry on the cake, this would be an option with a simple switch to turn it on or off, so that players can run their servers in the single farm style or in the multi farm style!
But since I know next to nothing about programming, I have no clue if it is doable for FS19. But I can dream about it..... :wink3:

If seasons is released, we will see if we can work around it on our server, by manually doing something like the above, but we will not turn away from the multi farm system because we really like this new game play style!

I would like to thank the Realismus team for all their effort, and whether we will run it on our server or not, there will be a lot of FS players who will have the best holiday of the year when Seasons 19 is released! :hi:
DeDenker

Post by DeDenker »

@Noraf You just beat me with a single line....... :lol:
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

A very elegant and more realistic (FS19-FS21) solution would be that, at the end of a season, the in game time would stop until all the season work is done.
"realistic"

"in game time would stop"

:confusednew: I am struggling to follow.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

theSeb wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:15 pm
"realistic"

Same here :hmm:
Personally all the fun I find with Seasons (which is enormous fun) is the time- and resource-management required to get all the work done in the window available. It's the only real challenge the game has. Take that away and Seasons becomes a very good leaf-colour and snow simulator :mrgreen:
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

DirectCedar wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:24 pm
theSeb wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:15 pm
"realistic"

Same here :hmm:
Personally all the fun I find with Seasons (which is enormous fun) is the time- and resource-management required to get all the work done in the window available. It's the only real challenge the game has. Take that away and Seasons becomes a very good leaf-colour and snow simulator :mrgreen:
Indeed and that's the whole point of the mod - to try and take away the endless summer and ground hog day of vanilla FS.
SwoopGB

Post by SwoopGB »

What they said. ^^^^^
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Hi Realismus-crew!
Could u say something about what you are working on? I mean, are you making Seasons for 2019 in the same way as 2017, or will it include alot of other features? In what way will it be different from -17?
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
Cowboy5130

Post by Cowboy5130 »

They haven’t disclosed much information so we don’t know what we’re working with and you’ll have to wait for the announcements
Ps4 realistic gameplay;
Ravenport start-from-scratch;
Absolutely love the game!
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

There are many new features. We have already shown a few of them in this thread. The general game play is the same (it's still a farming game) but we have also not revealed many of the new things as we wish to keep them a surprise.