Mods not comming to consoles

eric21

Re: Mods not comming to consoles

Post by eric21 »

redglasses wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:21 pm
cmdrbyron wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:31 am TL;DR: Stop blaming GIANTS and Modders for the restrictions imposed by Sony and Microsoft!
Apparently sony is the one putting lots of restrictions on console mods, and since giants refuses to split the mods like it should be (one catagory for each console) xbox players get screwed over too
Giants dont want to make a friction between console players. It would be the same if xbox players got scripted mods and ps4 didn't. Having said that Microsoft is imposing the same rules too
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

Accept the limitations on your chosen system, work round them and move on. Why do people have to start blaming a certain group of players for "ruining" the game for all others anyway, I just don't understand it.
Mr Green

Post by Mr Green »

But they have said that exact same thing when fallout and skyrim special edition came out with there mod

Xbox
Can use own textures
Some outside scripts

PS4
Has to be ingame objects
They can not use outsode objects/ scripts so

Plust the creators of the game released a creation kit to help with modding i agree its a Sony issue the facts and such add up
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

You shouldn't be drawing direct comparisons. Skyrim is a singular example, and does not necessarily infer that this is applicable across the board.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Mr Green wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:41 pm But they have said that exact same thing when fallout and skyrim special edition came out with there mod

Xbox
Can use own textures
Some outside scripts

PS4
Has to be ingame objects
They can not use outsode objects/ scripts so

Plust the creators of the game released a creation kit to help with modding i agree its a Sony issue the facts and such add up
So works closely with Microsoft?
TSM

Post by TSM »

Guil wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:26 pm Apparently they are rumours. I could turn around and say the complete opposite and go as far as saying Sony will allow all scripts on PS4 but that doesn't make it true.
As I recall in case of Fallout 4 it was Sony who would not allow 3rd party scripting, but like you say it's hard to know many sources will either blame the game developer,the console manufacturer or random person who say's wrong thing :mrgreen:
Mr Green

Post by Mr Green »

cmdrbyron wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:18 pm You shouldn't be drawing direct comparisons. Skyrim is a singular example, and does not necessarily infer that this is applicable across the board.
I ment to add fallout 4 as well
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

Ok... two examples... Starting to build a baseline, but not exactly sufficient to unequivocally state that it can be applied in an overall general sense (applicable to everything). I guess what I am trying to say is that you should avoid speaking in certainties when you do not have sufficient data to substantiate it.

In this case, a clear-cut, unambiguous extract from Console OEM documentation that explicitly substantiates your claim. Which you do not have. What you have is anecdotal evidence.
Guil

Post by Guil »

TSM wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:06 pm
As I recall in case of Fallout 4 it was Sony who would not allow 3rd party scripting, but like you say it's hard to know many sources will either blame the game developer,the console manufacturer or random person who say's wrong thing :mrgreen:
I have no idea as I have never been interested in those games but as you say, no one knows for sure. Just because a deal was done on one game doesn't mean it's a blanket case and applicable to every game.
TSM

Post by TSM »

Guil wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:41 pm
TSM wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:06 pm
I have no idea as I have never been interested in those games but as you say, no one knows for sure. Just because a deal was done on one game doesn't mean it's a blanket case and applicable to every game.
Microsoft has signed a deal with Paradox which opens up modding more for their games including scripting, reading up on console capability's seems that in some cases it just plain old storage that is issue.
Seedy

Post by Seedy »

I remember the days when MMORPG vendors would have contests, and give away prizes (actual prizes, not just a new hair style) there were always extremely vocal people who bitterly complained/threatened etc for not being allowed to participate. Each country has their own rules about that sort of thing, and many vendors picked one or two, that they had lawyers for, and the rest couldn't. The primary problem is that most of the main complainers were not, in fact, grown-ups. They had no idea how the world works, and didn't care, they wanted what they wanted and would hear no explanation.
I see at least a bit on this forum reminds me of those days.
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

Ritchie wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:39 pm Accept the limitations on your chosen system, work round them and move on. Why do people have to start blaming a certain group of players for "ruining" the game for all others anyway, I just don't understand it.
Don't say that! You'll be called a PC elitist who wastes your money on a "stupid" box. Granted, you are correct to a large degree. There are limitations to certain systems. It's just how it is. Though I have noticed a vast amount of mods in testing with just a "PC" tag. We'll see how things go I suppose. Maybe some new guys will take up modding and give the console gig a whirl.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

I own a PS4.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

A lot of modders don’t want their mods on console. It’s entirely up to them. Be grateful some modders put their mods on console.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Ritchie wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:39 pm Accept the limitations on your chosen system, work round them and move on. Why do people have to start blaming a certain group of players for "ruining" the game for all others anyway, I just don't understand it.
:this:
the big print giveth the small print taketh