[FS19]DevBlog - Tending to Animals

Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

[FS19]DevBlog - Tending to Animals

Post by Chaki »

Welcome back to the devblogs for Farming Simulator 19, we hope you’re all enjoying the biggest and best Farming Simulator ever. So big, in fact, that we’re still taking the time to explain individual new elements to those of you that haven’t had the time to explore it fully, or are yet to jump in at all. Today’s topic is animals and the impact of the new tools from the upcoming Anderson DLC on this key part of the game.

As we’ve discussed extensively, Farming Simulator 19 offers horses for the first time, letting you care for and ride these majestic creatures around the beautiful environments of your home and the surrounding areas. Keep them healthy with the new oat crop, and transport them between locations in unique equipment.

However, they aren’t the only changes to the stables in Farming Simulator 19. Chickens, sheep, pigs, and cows all return from previous years. Chickens are by far the easiest animal to take of, requiring only a pen to house them in and food to keep them pumping out eggs. Selling this produce now involves taking an eggbox to the selling point, rather than simply gathering the eggs from the ground. Similar changes were made to how cows operate, as shown in our Transporting Milk Featurette:

As always, what you do with your produce, is up to you. What you make, when you sell, and therefore how much money you make and how you reinvest it is your decision and will shape your farm. With the new placement rules - or lack thereof, being able to put up to 10 pens wherever you like on your farm - this gives you more freedom than ever before in Farming Simulator 19.

The Anderson DLC’s new XTRACTOR baling tools are especially useful when keeping cows. We’ll be going over them in full in a future devblog as well as in the video you’ve seen yesterday, but they allow for the creation of silage bales without massive storing facilities, then allowing you to use mixer tools - two of which we’re also adding in the Anderson DLC, with higher capacities - to create the highest quality food for your cows. This will keep them happy, healthy, and valuable.

Farming Simulator 19 is out now for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC/Mac.
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support
bossmanslim

Re: [FS19]DevBlog - Tending to Animals

Post by bossmanslim »

Really, this is what you guys came up with. Regurgitated promo information from February 2018, with "buy our new DLC" tacked on. The post doesn't even mention that horses eat hay, which would be the primary tie-in between horses and the DLC. The youtube video is even from November 2018.

*thumbsdown*
Last edited by bossmanslim on Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
saracaen

Post by saracaen »

This relates to the new DLC how exactly? With mixer wagons that are basically identical to those that were already in the game? So the whole DLC has no impact at all? Just when I thought you guys couldn't possibly blunder any worse than you already have...
eric21

Post by eric21 »

bossmanslim wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:22 pm Really, this is what you guys came up with. Regurgitated promo information from February 2018, with "buy our new DLC" tacked on. The post doesn't even mention that horses eat hay, which would be the primary tie-in between horses and the DLC.

*thumbsdown*
Theres alot of people who dont know how to feed
MrMystery

Post by MrMystery »

Wow! Just wow!
I can't get over how toxic the forums here have become of late.
It's like every post from Giants gets met with abuse, sarcasm or just general complaining.
It's such a shame because I used to come here and search for solutions and find helpful answers. Heck, just passing time by reading random threads was pleasurable. But now? Honestly the Steam forums are much less unpleasant than here. Congrats to those who have ruined the forums here. I hope you are pleased with yourselves.
hjvg

Post by hjvg »

uhm i got the feeling i just readed a dev blog that was or should have been posted bevore the game was launched
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

I think this is a nice post, especially for newer players of the game and visitors of the forum. If you're not impressed you can easily skip the thread or the whole dlc no one is forcing anyone into buying.
I personally love reading that animal are a key part of the game, makes me hope for that part of the game to be giants focus point in the future
throsbi

Post by throsbi »

OK explain how this relates to the DLC and what changes are being made to animals for the DLC? Kind of misleading the way its presented.

Are you adding the ability to deliver chickens from stockyard to the barnyard and from barnyard to sellpoint? And add chicken crates to the animal transport?

Is this new biobaler going to be able to pickup straw, chaff, etc? will we be able to bale stalks like corn? cotton?

I mean things like that would be worth a post but this post gives no new info and just gives the player a sense that you are going to change something.

If I had to put my thinking cap on the only thing we are going to see change is the baler will give a different size/capacity bale than what we have.

And maybe the ability to see what the bale is & capacity by walking up to it.

Is this baler going to be able to attach to harvesters?

you added challenger tractors maybe you should add the challenger harvester & baler combo.

Not ranting here just trying to point out how far off the Header and article seem to be.

Me reading header :hmm: me reading article :confusednew:
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

throsbi wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:26 pm OK explain how this relates to the DLC and what changes are being made to animals for the DLC? Kind of misleading the way its presented.

Are you adding the ability to deliver chickens from stockyard to the barnyard and from barnyard to sellpoint? And add chicken crates to the animal transport?

Is this new biobaler going to be able to pickup straw, chaff, etc? will we be able to bale stalks like corn? cotton?

I mean things like that would be worth a post but this post gives no new info and just gives the player a sense that you are going to change something.

If I had to put my thinking cap on the only thing we are going to see change is the baler will give a different size/capacity bale than what we have.

And maybe the ability to see what the bale is & capacity by walking up to it.

Is this baler going to be able to attach to harvesters?

you added challenger tractors maybe you should add the challenger harvester & baler combo.

Not ranting here just trying to point out how far off the Header and article seem to be.

Me reading header :hmm: me reading article :confusednew:
The new baler has been stated in another thread to be a 2000l wood chip baler.
Mattharv

Post by Mattharv »

I love how not one of the pics contains anything from the dlc
Benpe

Post by Benpe »

This is the dev little "awkward". :confusednew: :blushnew: :blushnew: :blushnew:
levicfoley

Post by levicfoley »

MrMystery wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:06 pm Wow! Just wow!
It's like every post from Giants gets met with abuse, sarcasm or just general complaining.
It's such a shame because I used to come here and search for solutions and find helpful answers. Heck, just passing time by reading random threads was pleasurable. But now? Honestly the Steam forums are much less unpleasant than here. Congrats to those who have ruined the forums here. I hope you are pleased with yourselves.
GIANTS THEMSELVES CREATED THE TOXIC ATMOSPHERE HERE they have had a broken game out for 4 months wont keep posted about the status of the patches witch by the way their new dlc is supported by 1.3 or newer only yeah lets all rush to give this trash company more of our money to get a dlc that we dont know if it will be supported. stop giving these hacks the benefit of the doubt they need boycotted until they have the game fixed
Russ1325

Post by Russ1325 »

Well said totally agree
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

levicfoley wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:18 am GIANTS THEMSELVES CREATED THE TOXIC ATMOSPHERE HERE they have had a broken game out for 4 months wont keep posted about the status of the patches witch by the way their new dlc is supported by 1.3 or newer only yeah lets all rush to give this trash company more of our money to get a dlc that we dont know if it will be supported. stop giving these hacks the benefit of the doubt they need boycotted until they have the game fixed
Then boycot them, and maybe also the forums? ;)

And the ones of us that actualy doesn't have problems with the game probably should voice that better too.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
DeDenker

Post by DeDenker »

Exactly how it is!
I am with FS since 2011. Back then forums were really enjoyable. Everybody was helping everybody and sharing their enthusiasm for the game. The game was not even close to where it is now, and mods were neither, but we all had fun! It seams the more you give people, the less they appreciate it.
Every 'complainer' on this forum, has a decent PC or at least a console, access to internet and a house with a non leaking roof to put his stuff in. Then he chooses to nag about every little thing that isn't exactly he wants it, forgetting that the majority of the world population would trade places within a second because their problem isn't if Giants put the crop they like in the next FS-edition, but their problem is will I have something to eat today!
More then 10 years ago Christian Ammann and Stefan Geiger started to work on the FS-series, and brought it all the way to FS19, and are still going. And I say thank you for that because it gave me a lot of pleasant hours enjoying the game.
To all the naggers I say be at least grateful to them for that, because if Stefan and Christian would have spent their time nagging about some else's work, then you couldn't nag about FS and you wouldn't know what to do with your life....

To Christian, Stefan and the whole Giants team I say thank you for doing what you do! There a lot of people like me who like FS and who will keep buying the next edition and enjoy it!