Ignoring American?

iLLBill606

Ignoring American?

Post by iLLBill606 »

I've played Farm Sim since '13 and the game has come a long ways and I'd like to thank the entire Community for bringing it to what we have now! That including Brands, Modders, Players, and even Giants!

BUTTTTTTTTTT

Between Customization's to tractors, maps, mods, and such, it seems like American products(community) in those ways get pushed on the back burner, ignored, or continuously denied...Why?

Maybe a branding issue, Licensing, maybe a bad mod? Could be one, some, or all, but time and time again, what does come out, is Euro. Yes, I understand some of the best modders are Euro and I thank you guys for what you bring to the table. It's good and refreshing!

BUT, this is more of a Giants issue. Not a Modder issue in my eyes because I Love ya ALL!

JHHG Modding is an example of a modder trying to do American mods for all! Among some they have submitted are!

J&M 680 Gravity Wagons
John Deere 60 & 70 STS Series combines

Will they get approved or denied? Only time will tell, but if that reason is because its too american and not a mod issue is BS. I heard modders have to be on the hush hush as to why their mods get denied...Why? Because Giants knows what type of back lash they'd get for certain responses as to why a mod gets denied if gone public?

Let the people and modders know whats going on, so modders that want to produce stuff can work better with Giants and the people using them and allow better return feedback to Giants! "Work Together"

Your users are a BIG part to why a game is successful and mods are a HUGE part to evolve to game to everyone's liking, thus making it a successful product worldwide. I'm not asking for Chevy's nor anything that involves licensing. I'm asking to look a little more at the American Community, because its very large and if you don't ignore them so much it would only grow. I know many that don't play on certain platforms or at all because of this issue.

My self, I love farming sim, but it is an issue!

Btw, Thank you Realismus Modding for producing Season's, that was huge, Now hopefully Giants will allow the "Real Dirt Color Mod". That Script wouldn't be much different some Season's!
cmdrbyron

Re: Ignoring American?

Post by cmdrbyron »

I would like to offer an additional element to consider:

Intellectual Property Licensing could be divided between regional entities. It could very well be that GIANTS has only secured the IP rights to the European-region IP. Ergo, lack of North American-specific IP content.

Compounding this would be the value proposition to GIANTS. How much more would it cost to acquire the rights to North American-specific IP, and would it represent appropriate value within their product at the established price point?
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

Just some food for thought, but in general American Companies and corporations tend to be more greedy. At least in my experience. I do get what you're saying though. This is a sort of separate issue, but along similar lines, but a lot of the tractors have a front PTO and 3 point. I can't say I've ever seen a tractor personally that had a front 3 point, but I'm not going to say it doesn't exist in the US. The ability to remove that in customization would be cool.

All of that aside though, I don't think it's GIANTS intentionally neglecting or belittling American customers.
Last edited by Deadeye on Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
Cmtaylor

Post by Cmtaylor »

I do the point on both sides but giants do need to be more open and give a better reason for all mods

but when it comes to consoles well things go down hill fast do to the high restriction on them but its back to the old saying supply and demand if you have the supply for the demand ok

And there have been a lot of demand for American mods and so far supply is low to nonexistent

With a demand that is that high and a company doesnt supply well that does reflect on said company and if the company isnt careful it can loose a lot in the end.
iLLBill606

Post by iLLBill606 »

cmdrbyron wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:07 pm I would like to offer an additional element to consider:

Intellectual Property Licensing could be divided between regional entities. It could very well be that GIANTS has only secured the IP rights to the European-region IP. Ergo, lack of North American-specific IP content.

Compounding this would be the value proposition to GIANTS. How much more would it cost to acquire the rights to North American-specific IP, and would it represent appropriate value within their product at the established price point?
Agree, but row crop customization tires is not just American! You can make stuff closer to what i asking without actually calling it american specific! Like the lizard truck in "19. Their American in style, just in a Giants(Lizard) brand!
iLLBill606

Post by iLLBill606 »

Deadeye wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:37 pm Just some food for thought, but in general American Companies and corporations tend to be more greedy. At least in my experience. I do get what you're saying though. This is a sort of separate issue, but along similar lines, but a lot of the tractors have a front PTO and 3 point. I can't say I've ever seen a tractor personally that had a front 3 point, but I'm not going to say it doesn't exist in the US. The ability to remove that in customization would be cool.

All of that aside though, I don't think it's GIANTS intentionally neglecting or belittling American customers.
Very true, just because you allow a Customization, like having or not having a front 3 point, large tires, row crop tires or tracks, doesn't make it American
iLLBill606

Post by iLLBill606 »

Cmtaylor wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:38 pm I do the point on both sides but giants do need to be more open and give a better reason for all mods

but when it comes to consoles well things go down hill fast do to the high restriction on them but its back to the old saying supply and demand if you have the supply for the demand ok

And there have been a lot of demand for American mods and so far supply is low to nonexistent

With a demand that is that high and a company doesnt supply well that does reflect on said company and if the company isnt careful it can loose a lot in the end.
If JHHG mods go through when we will all find out!
Cmtaylor

Post by Cmtaylor »

Yeah
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

I can't speak for most brands, but I do know John Deere is stingy and kind of dirty. I can think of many examples, but one major one is how they have essentially prevented farmers from repairing their own tractors so they have to take it to the dealership. They do this by not allowing farmers to modify the internal software on tractor control computers.

I'm actually very surprised that Giants got the license to begin with. I don't think we are going to see much from them at all, much less a representation of their brand from different countries. I would hate to think what they would want to charge.
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

iLLBill606 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:50 pm
Deadeye wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:37 pm Just some food for thought, but in general American Companies and corporations tend to be more greedy. At least in my experience. I do get what you're saying though. This is a sort of separate issue, but along similar lines, but a lot of the tractors have a front PTO and 3 point. I can't say I've ever seen a tractor personally that had a front 3 point, but I'm not going to say it doesn't exist in the US. The ability to remove that in customization would be cool.

Very true, just because you allow a Customization, like having or not having a front 3 point, large tires, row crop tires or tracks, doesn't make it American
My point wasn't necessarily that customization was the only problem, just that that was an issue in itself. My apologies. I wasn't very clear there.
Really, I think it''ll improve over time. One can hope that eventually you guys on consoles will get more freedom with modding. This will help, but also GIANTS signs on more brands with every game. So long as they don't take a step backwards and remove lots of brands, I think you'll see more and more equipment from all manufacturers from all countries.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

Addictedtofs wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:28 pm I can't speak for most brands, but I do know John Deere is stingy and kind of dirty. I can think of many examples, but one major one is how they have essentially prevented farmers from repairing their own tractors so they have to take it to the dealership. They do this by not allowing farmers to modify the internal software on tractor control computers.

I'm actually very surprised that Giants got the license to begin with. I don't think we are going to see much from them at all, much less a representation of their brand from different countries. I would hate to think what they would want to charge.
This is also something I've never understood, as having the name in a game is basically free advertising, although it's generally appealing to a very different audience in this situation. As for Deere being stingy, In my personal experiences we've found John Deere to be a right pain the rear to deal with for customer service, but damn does their farm equipment perform. Their construction equipment is also good, but had a downside in the past. That downside was controls being different than in say, a CAT excavator. I haven't ran any newer John Deere construction equipment, but I've been told that they can be changed to the CAT pattern nowadays. Their hydraulic oil is also a downside to their equipment.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Plenty of US equipment mods available. I have a fair few.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
Cmtaylor

Post by Cmtaylor »

BreadedVirus wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:49 pm Plenty of US equipment mods available. I have a fair few.
Depending on which platform you're on
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Cmtaylor wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:38 pm I do the point on both sides but giants do need to be more open and give a better reason for all mods

Better get modding then....

You sit there saying this kind of stuff, when you can easily learn how to mod yourself or will you pay the licence fee for GIANTS out of your own pocket? :confusednew:
Last edited by BreadedVirus on Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
Cmtaylor

Post by Cmtaylor »

My computer is too old to do that and to boot i know farming very well