Multiple workers causing FPS issues seems really weird.

Arrancar88

Multiple workers causing FPS issues seems really weird.

Post by Arrancar88 »

This issue is new to FS19(I had 4-5 workers all the time in FS17 and never had FPS drops). By having 2+(this number may vary) workers your FPS will take a hit.
Example :
#1 Worker is harvesting - no FPS issue
#2 Worker is Sowing - no FPS issue
and you put #3 to plow for example and after doing that your FPS will drop from 60 to 55(does not matter if on same field or next one etc...). If you dismiss the worker your FPS will go back to 60.
I monitored my CPU usage, GPU usage, RAM, VRAM, HDD, SSD... and there was no increase in usage of any components.

What is causing this lag remains a mystery. Maybe this new engine that FS19 is supposed to be using, got some issue.
I also remember someone mentioning that Ground Response mod from FS17 was implemented into FS19 and it's the main cause of this issue.
PC Steam
Farming since FS2009 :hi:
thumbwiz

Re: Multiple workers causing FPS issues seems really weird.

Post by thumbwiz »

It's not a new engine for 19. It's the same one they've been using for more than a decade. So there might be issues with ancient software vs modern hardware.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
Arrancar88

Post by Arrancar88 »

Yeah forgot to put "new" on new lol.
PC Steam
Farming since FS2009 :hi:
trogladitez

Post by trogladitez »

As thumbwiz said it's the software. It's been like this for a long time now. I wouldn't be surprised if it's still focusing on a single core. AI of that stupidity causing FPS drops really is something.
TheDarkMonk

Post by TheDarkMonk »

I have this happing to me too but on xbox one.
Xbox One
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

trogladitez wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:53 pm As thumbwiz said it's the software. It's been like this for a long time now. I wouldn't be surprised if it's still focusing on a single core. AI of that stupidity causing FPS drops really is something.
FS is multi-core, however as far as I know script mods are limited to all run concurrently in a single thread (to try to help stability I guess), so if you run a lot of script mods, particularly poorly optimised ones, then you will see a lot of load on one core.

Removing some such script mods might help improve the performance when using helpers.