Pc suggestion

brodiebalfour

Pc suggestion

Post by brodiebalfour »

Hi I am looking to move from console to pc due to console being rather brutal for fs mods, players etc. Does anyone have any suggestions on which type of gaming pc I should buy and what graphics card to run? Would be much appreciated if anyone could help as I don’t know much about pc
PrincessJessi84

Re: Pc suggestion

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

my advice.. shop around.. no matter if u build it yourself or buy prebuilt like I did make sure u r getting the best bang for your buck.. get the best u can afford putting things like your CPU and GPU as the absolute highest priority as the other things like ram and hard drives can be upgraded cheaper down the road.. and stick with brands u r familiar with.. but for good results imo for gaming in 2019 across the board u should go with no less than a 3ghz quad core processor and no less than a 6gig video card (a lot of people prefer nvidia but my amd card does a fine job with no issues).. I got my dell for around $1000 usd before tax.. since ive dumped another couple hundred in ram and a SSD just to get the most out of my rig but wasn't really needed (not counting accessories like the wheel and stuff) and there isn't much that I cant run on ultra settings with awesome frame rates.. certainly full release games run flawlessly and most games in EA run just as well.. the only time I run into issues is when the game isn't being executed like it should (talking about you 7 Days To Die and C & C lol)
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
duncan_101

Post by duncan_101 »

What ever you do... Don't get an msi laptop.
Msi parts are oke... But prebuild systems from them? Way overpriced and die way to quick :frown: *thumbsdown*

I don't know what the prices are where you live but around here a 300,00 to 500,00 euro laptop (so bottom to mid range) will play the game nicely.

I myself have done away with towers and only used laptops for the last 8 years.
On my 3rd one right now (because the msi died within a year go figure) and I can say its very nice gaming on the couch. :mrgreen:
Happly farming in Fryslan.
On an Asus RoG laptop.
Guil

Post by Guil »

If it's to play FS mainly you don't need high end stuff. My pc has second gen i5 processor, an Asus 1050ti graphics card and 12gb ddr3 ram. They all sit in a Dell optiplex 3090 that I fought for €40.
Arrancar88

Post by Arrancar88 »

Depends, do you want to play the game or do you want to play the game maxed out?
You can build/buy plenty of computers that are able to run the game. If you want to play it maxed out, I recommend GTX 1070 or better. Ofc CPU that will not bottleneck either, something like i7 6gen or higher, quad core(or more) with 3.5 Ghz(or more). 16 GB of RAM and SSD.

FS19 is very GPU heavy game. You will need at least 4GB VRAM to be able to play on medium/high. My GTX 970 is using over 3 GB VRAM for FS19.

Anyway you forgot to mention your budget. Can you build/buy 2500 € high end PC or 1000 € medium end will be enough?
In case you are on budget GTX 1060 6 GB will be enough.
PC Steam
Farming since FS2009 :hi:
Guil

Post by Guil »

I'm playing at high by default on my hardware.
brodiebalfour

Post by brodiebalfour »

Thanks to everyone for there suggestions just getting round to reading them will be searching over the next few days for a suited computer I look to run the game with most mods. Thanks to everyone. Still open to suggestions will let you guys know what I’m thinking about buying.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Throw up a few links when you have a look and others can advise. Build yourself is an option too and was a lot cheaper up until recently. Now there's not much in the difference.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

brodiebalfour wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:26 pm Hi I am looking to move from console to pc due to console being rather brutal for fs mods, players etc. Does anyone have any suggestions on which type of gaming pc I should buy and what graphics card to run? Would be much appreciated if anyone could help as I don’t know much about pc
If you can, buy a Nvidia GPU as they are better optimized for FS. I will be upgrading to the RTX 2080 shortly.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

This is a spec I posted to a similar thread a couple of weeks ago which I think is relevant.
viewtopic.php?f=963&t=143685&p=1114970#p1114970

If you are going to buy ready made don't go to PC World and buy one off the shelf unless you are really sure what you are buying because they often cut corners.

In the UK, my main supplier is Scan, their pre-made machines use regular kit that you would normally buy. Taking a quick look at their offerings the '3XS Gamer 1060 6GB' looks like a good starting point.

Specs (https://www.scan.co.uk/3xs/configurator ... sgamer1060)
Intel Core i5 8400 Six Core
ASUS TUF B360-PLUS GAMING, Intel B360 Chipset
8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2666MHz
6GB EVGA GTX 1060 SC
1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD
Microsoft Windows 10 64bit & 3 Year Premium Warranty

Add an extra £100 you get a SSD drive and a 1660Ti graphics card, probably worth doing (https://www.scan.co.uk/3xs/configurator ... 60ti-intel).

I'm not sure what is actually needed graphics card wise right now having recently switched from an old 980 to a 2070, so someone else will have to suggest what you 'need' or suggest as a minimum.

Take a look at the specs that shops are selling, work out what the parts will cost you if you buy them direct yourself and see how much your time is worth to build the PC. You might find a supplier selling a pre-made that meets all your requirements for less than you can build it yourself, I've had one in the past where it made sense to buy the PC and just wipe the drives and put on a new OS and still saved money. Copy the parts list into PartPicker and see what the most economical way is to get all the parts, watch for shipping charges though.

Personally I would go for at least an Intel i5 CPU and 8GB RAM minimum, I also prefer Nvidia graphics card but you will get just as many people arguing that AMD is the way to go, so good luck on that one.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
brodiebalfour

Post by brodiebalfour »

Thanks Gordon that really helped give me an idea. Would you recommend this?

https://www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk/syst ... ly-sales-I
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

WOW that page is horrible to navigate to work out what's going on, but ...

CPU - I have very little knowledge about AMD CPUs so someone else is going to have to comment on this. What are others using? A 2600X will add about £50 to the price.

Motherboard - I would avoid a motherboard with only two memory slots like the plague. A RAM upgrade at a later date is often a fairly cheap option but if you are limited to two slots only it'll cost at least twice as much as just buying another pair of sticks. So this needs to be upgraded, +£22 for a B450 board.

Graphics - I have little experience with AMD but the RX580 is two years old, why buy a new card that is already that old? A RX590 is much newer or an 1660GTX would probably be more futureproof for an extra £50-60, and will both work well at 1080P.

SSD - For +£9 get a 240GB instead (no idea who ADATA are).

Sorry just added £140 + VAT to your build. I'm sure there will be more comments coming along soon though.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
Guil

Post by Guil »

I thought the same about only 2 ram slots. Not necessarily a bad thing but is an element in future proofing.

Something like this might be worth looking into. I'd check pc partpicker though just to compare the prices.
L2K Perma

Post by L2K Perma »

Pc partpicker is definitely a site you want to look at for all the parts to compare prices, another site you may want to look at it is https://www.game-debate.com/ as you can take a look at numerous graphics cards and processors and see how well they perform with specific games. Although the CPU side for FS 19 on there is a bit wonky.

I do agree with the suggestions that gordon stated, while the 1600 is still a decent CPU, a 2600x in the long run, will be a better deal, actually, a friend of mine whom I am going to be building a PC for, is going to be using the 2600x. As far as the RX 580 vs RX 590, they're both relatively similar, though each performs quite different depending on the game according to the site I listed above.

YouTube is also a great place to look for comparisons between processors and graphics cards, especially GamersNexus, they go into quite a lot of details in their benchmarks.

Also as Arrancar said, if you share a budget, we could better assist you either with parts or by looking for decent prebuilt systems, though in my mind, I'll always stick with "build it yourself", I just like being able to put your own personal touches on the system and not worry about 3rd party software that you get with most prebuilt systems.
FS13 - Xbox 360
FS15 - Xbox 360/Xbox One
FS17 - Xbox One
FS19 - PC

PC specs: i5-8600k, M22 Kraken AIO cooler, 16GB ddr4 ram, RTX 2070 Super, 256 GB SSD, 1 TB HDD
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

gordon861 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:27 pm WOW that page is horrible to navigate to work out what's going on, but ...

CPU - I have very little knowledge about AMD CPUs so someone else is going to have to comment on this. What are others using? A 2600X will add about £50 to the price.

Motherboard - I would avoid a motherboard with only two memory slots like the plague. A RAM upgrade at a later date is often a fairly cheap option but if you are limited to two slots only it'll cost at least twice as much as just buying another pair of sticks. So this needs to be upgraded, +£22 for a B450 board.

Graphics - I have little experience with AMD but the RX580 is two years old, why buy a new card that is already that old? A RX590 is much newer or an 1660GTX would probably be more futureproof for an extra £50-60, and will both work well at 1080P.

SSD - For +£9 get a 240GB instead (no idea who ADATA are).

Sorry just added £140 + VAT to your build. I'm sure there will be more comments coming along soon though.
The RX590 is not that much better than the 580....
the big print giveth the small print taketh