Follow me and GPS mod for console?

Dee80

Follow me and GPS mod for console?

Post by Dee80 »

will we ever get follow me for console or GPS mod dont know about other but I'd pay for it if was to be a buy option on ps4
    Addictedtofs

Re: Follow me and GPS mod for console?

Post by Addictedtofs »

No
    Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
    thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

You'll get people saying "No" that don't really know.
    There's no way to predict the future.
    X1 / PC gaming
    Ontario, Canada
    Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Based on the current restrictions in place, it is very unlikely consoles will get those mods. Will GIANTS and modders figure out a way to do it? Maybe. But as of now o wouldn’t hold your breath
    Smith Modding Co.
    Christian Based Modding
    Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
    Playing FS15-19 on PC
    Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
    Specs-
    i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
    Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

thumbwiz wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:50 pm
    Will some version of the same idea be implemented in a future game? Who knows. Will the exact mods be converted to console? That was the original question and the answer is almost assuredly no.
    Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
    PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

the hardest part of implementing this for consoles is the keybinding restrictions.. there r literally just enough bindings with the current controllers and their implementation to do whats currently in the game.. until that changes or giants figures out a better way to map controls I would say its highly unlikely that it will come as a mod or otherwise
    https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
    PC
    PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
    Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
    Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
    2x 24" Dell Monitors
    Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
    markare

Post by markare »

Controller restrictions are not a problem, keyboard and mouse work on console. The main problem with that is devs need to enable the k and m support in console. This worked in 27 but 19 they took it out. These mods are more than capable of being on console, but with the constant updates recieved for PC I don't see them coming anytime soon
    :hi:
    Scottish farming with all the n00bery
    Xb1
    Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
    http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
    anthu

Post by anthu »

without this issues, this mods are only realiseable with external Scripts.
    And an consoles is it meanwhile not possible to use mods with this userscripts.
    Forbitten by sony and ms.
    Lg
    Andreas
    thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

I've said it before, scripts ARE allowed on console, but have to be submitted in a game update by Giants. Giants could work with the modder to include the scripts in a game update, and then release the mod.
    That's why the upcoming dlc (mods you have to pay for) require 1.3, because Giants is introducing scripts needed for a couple of their machines.
    Giants provided an update with the scripts that allowed seasons to work on consoles for 17, so they could do it again.
    X1 / PC gaming
    Ontario, Canada
    thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

Implying it's impossible and a problem is typical, and wrong. They have the ability to add code via updates, so what's wrong with a monthly update schedule to introduce scripts/code? They're doing it in 1.3 so their dlc will be playable.
    X1 / PC gaming
    Ontario, Canada
    Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Because it takes a lot of work to get these mods to work on consoles. Seasons took months of work even after the year or more it took to make the mod, so it would be difficult for GIANTS to add other heavily scripted mods to consoles on a regular basis
    Smith Modding Co.
    Christian Based Modding
    Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
    Playing FS15-19 on PC
    Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
    Specs-
    i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
    thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

So many excuses. They have programmers that work for them, they could code the functionality themselves so it wouldn't have to be a mod. Built in GPS, Follow Me, whatever. Why do you people feel you have to constantly argue against it?
    X1 / PC gaming
    Ontario, Canada
    anthu

Post by anthu »

thumbwiz wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:21 am So many excuses. They have programmers that work for them, they could code the functionality themselves so it wouldn't have to be a mod. Built in GPS, Follow Me, whatever. Why do you people feel you have to constantly argue against it?
    so a sensless discussion.
    the 1.question was about these MODS, and these MODS are not allowed on console (scripts,...)
    you make a "demand" to giants, but they dont must.
    they can
    they can not
    this is not more the theme from this topic

lg
    andreas
    thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

Yes, it's senseless. When people somehow see a "demand" from a question or suggestion there's no getting through. I apologize for heating the senseless discussion.
    X1 / PC gaming
    Ontario, Canada
    JD92

Post by JD92 »

I appreciate your optimism .. but the truth is that these two mods have a very low possibility of going out for consoles .. I would give a 10% right because I am optimistic like you (and I speak as a player on a console) .. you already have problems explained you and I agree .. that 10% is possible if the mod is reviewed, adapted and modified .. in practice a mod "different" from that of the PC