Giants please read this (mergeGroups)

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
KevinMn

Giants please read this (mergeGroups)

Post by KevinMn »

Hi, I'm a modder for Farming Simulator, and have been modding since FS13.
I've always enjoyed making edits to the ingame equipment, as they're usually very nice models, but they may have some region specific features, that you'd want to remove. In 15 this was an easy task, but since 17 and the introduction of mergeGroups (I think it's called) this is quite the task now.
If you want to remove something that's part of the main mesh, you need to separate the object into all the moving parts that was done with mergeGroups before. For a combine or a seeder this is something that takes a lot of hours, separating everything, setting correct pivot points, and replacing everything. I've already separated the T9, CR10, Magnum, TH1400, 8R, plus more that I can't remember.
I understand the use of mergeGroups, and would still like to see it in the game, but this could all be avoided if you did one of 2 things.

1: Made US configurations in the store. All my edits have been to americanize the equipment. That means removing red/white placards, change lights, fenders and other things. Usually not that much, but because of mergeGroups, it's a few hours to do. This would be a very simple for you to make a store option, I've done so with a John Deere 9RX I'm working on. It changes the cab corner lights for EU/US as well as adding the correct signs and lights for EU. You have so much american equipment now, so it doesn't make sense to only offer the rest of the equipment in EU configurations.

2: Give us separated models to download through gdn. So if we want to make the necessary edits, we can do so with ease. This way you still have mergeGroups in the game, but we can make the edits we want, without hours of prep time.

The ingame models are really good, and I'd like to use them a lot more than I do now. But I like to play as realistic as possible, that also means not having EU spec in the US.

I'd prefer the second option, as that opens up a lot more options for us. Like making smaller/bigger versions of seeders/cultivators etc, and loads of other things.

I hope you take this into consideration, and I thank you for your time.
farmerkyle1980

Re: Giants please read this (mergeGroups)

Post by farmerkyle1980 »

TOTALLY AGREE GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Post by Chaki »

Heyo, not a lot i can say here unfortunately, but i've forwarded this to the devs. (And moved it into the modding forum as this fits better there)
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support
KevinMn

Post by KevinMn »

O5-Chris wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:44 pm Heyo, not a lot i can say here unfortunately, but i've forwarded this to the devs. (And moved it into the modding forum as this fits better there)
Thank you.
SteenkampModding

Post by SteenkampModding »

VERY well said Kevin, we agree 100% *thumbsup*
And yes the second option will be the much more preferred solution.

This is a problem, and it needs attention, so Giants, what is the solution? :confusednew: :hmm:
We take farming to new levels
Playing since FS09. Modding since FS13.
lindbejb

Post by lindbejb »

amen
darkdroid23

Post by darkdroid23 »

agreed man. we definitely need different options or something for the american equipment.
blueweb

Post by blueweb »

Spot on. This please.
JimmytheGeek

Post by JimmytheGeek »

Thank you Kevin - this would change everything for modders. And, thank you Chris-05!
KevinMn

Post by KevinMn »

Hopefully this has not been forgotten :)
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

Probably half the mods I have in my game are just for this reason... Even if yall don't do anything for 19, please do this for 21...
PC gamer.
TSM

Post by TSM »

if its not to do with Farming Sim league then Giants are not interested ;)