Mercury Farms by Alien Jim (Official Topic)

RODHA

Re: Mercury Farms by Alien Jim (Official Topic)

Post by RODHA »

cwattyeso wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:23 pm
I had the Help Menu Open the whole time I was trying to see if a Fill option would appear. With pretty much every trailer I can drive all around the buy point, even into it, I mean completely clip the trailer through the pipe and the silo and still no fill option appears in the menu. Only way I was able to get it to work was with I think the IT Runner Skip, unloaded to the ground and then reversed right into and clipping with the silo, then I did notice the L3 Fill Option in the menu and was able to purchase the manure. So despite the Update notes saying the Manure/Slurry buypoint has been fixed, there still seems to be quite the issue with it. Perhaps another update is needed and perhaps Jim needs to make the trigger larger and also a bit higher to accommodate all trailer types.
Jim says some trailers are good with the tirgger as it is at the moment and some are not.
Hence, trying out other trailers might help for a more comfortable use.
In the meantime, Jim says will include a larger and more comfortable trigger to a future update "if" he can find enough time for another update.
PS5 / FS22
Joshj27a

Post by Joshj27a »

RODHA wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:44 am
Joshj27a wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:02 am I appreciate the time, effort and intelligence it takes to make your own map. I also say good job to Jim and thank you for making a map players on both pc and console can have as an option I have to give negative feedback. I do not enjoy this map and actually find it very irritating. It is not like a real farm. Farmers do no create fields that small just to have trails and bushes between them. They use every bit of land they have to plant seed and grow crops for money. Why don’t map makers get this? They put so much effort in to making a map look a certain way when a real farm is actually very simple. Use as much land as possible for fields and a place for storage. That’s it. Very simple concept.
It is quite obvious you didn’t like the map which is quite normal. Not every map is for everyone.

But from your post I get the feeling that like the map was promised to be a realistic map but Jim failed on delivering that promise. It is completely inaccurate.

It has been known since the beginning that this map is an imaginary map and has been cerated to deliver the very first map that has integrated its own placeable system in FS17 long before Giants announced their placeable system.

So, I don’t think it is fair to imply like something was promised but not delivered without knowing the background.

I’m not knocking the map. The map is what it is and if somebody enjoys it then that’s great. I myself don’t like the map but I didn’t mean that as a knock on the map or it’s creator. No the map isn’t realistic and really quite boring. But I am not creating a better map so I can’t say much. I really hope Jim can rebound on his next map and his own expectations of reality be met if he feels they haven’t. I like the ability to create your own farm but I also hate it. And the only reason i hate it is because it takes away slots at an already horrible slot system and you can’t really dictate the size of animal pens. Cow pastures are suppose to be fairly large fenced grazing area.
Farming simulator as a whole is getting away with something calling itself a simulator. But even though i am not playing currently and probably will not play until a mustang valley type map comes out or there is something major added to the game.
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

Your asking for something that isn't in any maps. You don't actually want to plant 100 acres. A cow pasture that simulates realistic paddocks would be a waste because there isn't a grazing system built in that I know of. If you want paddocks put fences around a grass area and call it a paddocks. Roleplay the cows will go there next. If you want bigger fields buy all the plots and make one field. If you want massive fields get a PC and download a 4x mod. Buy smaller equipment and pan way out. The equipment scales at that point.
CaptainBlack180

Post by CaptainBlack180 »

First of all just want to say what a great map this is. Thanks Jim, was just wondering is there anywhere you can purchase already made Total Mixed Ration?
Xbox One
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

There isn’t anywhere to purchase TMR ready mixed.
CaptainBlack180

Post by CaptainBlack180 »

Thanks, didn't think there was.
Xbox One
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

CaptainBlack180 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:34 pm Thanks, didn't think there was.
However, you can easily buy the individual ingredients of TMR instead of producing them.
PS5 / FS22
Guil

Post by Guil »

Field 10 was starting to annoy me as I've bought and merged some bigger fields so I removed most of the fence around 10 and placed a large chicken coop. Contemplating removing the seed and fert refill points and placing another beside it and placing them elsewhere. Really enjoying the map though.
duncan_101

Post by duncan_101 »

I had the same problem with field 10.
I just turned it into a grass field and a parking space for my animal trailer.

Contemplating put up some solar panels there now

Loving the map tho. It's the only one I play anymore.
Happly farming in Fryslan.
On an Asus RoG laptop.
Farmer Foley

Post by Farmer Foley »

Ha Ha. the infamous field 10 .. i put 8 greenhouses on it a water tank and a manure bay... Anyone want 300lbs of tomatoes or 200lbs of lettuces i have spare...lol
You keep a Troshin :hi:
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

Still a problem on this map where the original building layouts cause dead areas. I planted grass where the old cow barn was. Worked good. Tell I go to mow it. It won't drop the hay in that layout. When I Ted or windrow next to that area anything that gets moved into that area disappears. Small problem I hope can get fixed.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Do you have the latest version?

Changelog v1.0.0.1
- Fixed an issue of being stuck on loading screen.
- Fixed placing placeabls in Farm-Manager mode.
- Fixed Manure and Slurry buy point at Live Stock Market.
- Various other fixes.
Please note that Farm-Manager mode will require new game save.

If I understood what you mean correctly, this should be fixed with V1.0.0.1
PS5 / FS22
CMDRTAKEDOWN

Post by CMDRTAKEDOWN »

That only works if in farm manager and new save. I'm in the same boat new farmer mode cause I wanted the buildings at the start.
Can't build over old building if delete it to put something different in the same place.
PS4
PS5
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

That is a General Problem in FS19 and not directly related to the map.
PS4 und PC
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

What’s this thing with field ten?