Seasons 19 WIP Updates (PC release 24/07)

Jagtractor

Re: Seasons 19 WIP Updates (Unknown Release Date)

Post by Jagtractor »

ltl.vamp wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:57 pm OK, 1x and you are right, on Marwell Manor was the first growth stage, not the harvesting stage.

But I think we all have a special kind of how to play.
For People like me, Seasons is the game.
For People like you, Farming Simulator is the game.
We have to accept each others opinion even I couldn't explain, why Seasons is so important for my gameplay.
oh I see I thought it was ready to harvest. Yeah that bothers me big time. In fact that is my most hated thing about farmsim, the uneven growth stages. And seasons corrected this with no having to fiddle with the settings on our parts. By far Seasons made farm sim feel a little more like a Simulator for some aspects anyway. I guess I made my own pretend seasons (that I forced to follow) long before seasons rolled around on fs17 for consoles so I can get past the wait for Seasons.

I can get behind your wanting seasons that much. It was truly awesome. Hope it comes soon for you guys, cause 19 is a lot of fun. The missions are so well done and aside from floating cotton bales. Not too many things take the realism away. Also love that the prices don't change instantaneously like they did on 17 whenever you sold something. Little things like that make it better and as much as I LOVE seasons and eagerly awaiting for it to come. I can't go back to 17.
PC and PS4 Pro
been playing on pc lately.
hugassi

Post by hugassi »

Jagtractor wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:21 pm Seasons is fun and all. And I am very excited for it's release. But I don't understand this "game unplayable" without seasons. Maybe I'm oldfashioned, started in fs13 and I guess I just got used to the way the game is. And seasons in 17 was amazing. And added a great amount of depth to a already fun game. It's a bummer that Seasons wasn't included from the start but I in no way think 19 is unplayable without it. I basically play in a seasonal fashion before it was ever released anyway.

For me seasons added the snow (which it rarely did for me anyway), which was great. But my absolute favorite thing Season did for me was the growth stage that only changed at the end of each season. I LOVED that. I like having my timescale around 5x or 15x if i don't have much going on and I HATE HATE HATE seeing my crop come in all patchy. I could turn growth off and all that and wait till I'm done seeding all my land but it's just another thing I have to do.

Seasons is great and I'm very excited for it. But 19 is better than 17 in the big picture. Seasons is just the cherry on top that I don't think it's worth avoiding a delicious cake underneath just cause it doesn't have the cherry.
excellent opinion of which I also agree *thumbsup*
GIANTS Software: Partner Program :hi:
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

It's really hard to play without season. It makes it a endless ladder game of seeding and harvest. I stopped playing most of the grind progression games when I realized they'd just release new gadgets ever so often to keep you grinding. Lost alot of gaming friends in dungeons hooked on the latest carrots.
Best thing to come out of my disappointment in FS19 is my new 2nd job at a registered Angus farm. FS actually got me off my ar** into actual tractor seat again. I giggle at how poor farming pays as a hired hand.
sootysax

Post by sootysax »

Corstaad wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:31 pm It's really hard to play without season. It makes it a endless ladder game of seeding and harvest. I stopped playing most of the grind progression games when I realized they'd just release new gadgets ever so often to keep you grinding. Lost alot of gaming friends in dungeons hooked on the latest carrots.
Best thing to come out of my disappointment in FS19 is my new 2nd job at a registered Angus farm. FS actually got me off my ar** into actual tractor seat again. I giggle at how poor farming pays as a hired hand.
I dunno.. i'm in the camp that thinks that Seasons was too drastic of a change.. I'm looking forward to it and all - but it really does throw a wrench into the way you've been playing all along.

I can't get with 'FS is unplayable without seasons' mentality.
Niklas1888

Post by Niklas1888 »

ltl.vamp wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:57 pm OK, 1x and you are right, on Marwell Manor was the first growth stage, not the harvesting stage.

But I think we all have a special kind of how to play.
For People like you, Farming Simulator is the game.
We have to accept each others opinion even I couldn't explain, why Seasons is so important for my gameplay.

!My Words!
Realistic (Hard - CropRotation - Seasons)
Realistisch (Schwer - Fruchtfolgen - Seasons)

Converted versions of: Süd Thüringen, Gamsting, Bindlbach, Untergriesbach

System: ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Gaming / Intel Core i7-13700K /Gigabyte Aero OC RTX4080 / 32GB DDR5-5600 / 1TB Samsung 990Pro / 1TB Samsung 980Pro
Niklas1888

Post by Niklas1888 »

sootysax wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:40 am
Corstaad wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:31 pm It's really hard to play without season. It makes it a endless ladder game of seeding and harvest. I stopped playing most of the grind progression games when I realized they'd just release new gadgets ever so often to keep you grinding. Lost alot of gaming friends in dungeons hooked on the latest carrots.
I dunno.. i'm in the camp that thinks that Seasons was too drastic of a change.. I'm looking forward to it and all - but it really does throw a wrench into the way you've been playing all along.

I can't get with 'FS is unplayable without seasons' mentality.

We just play the game in a different kind of realism
Thats why the game is not worth playing without seasons
Realistic (Hard - CropRotation - Seasons)
Realistisch (Schwer - Fruchtfolgen - Seasons)

Converted versions of: Süd Thüringen, Gamsting, Bindlbach, Untergriesbach

System: ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Gaming / Intel Core i7-13700K /Gigabyte Aero OC RTX4080 / 32GB DDR5-5600 / 1TB Samsung 990Pro / 1TB Samsung 980Pro
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

Niklas1888 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:04 am different kind of realism
:lol: :lol: :lol: That's like parallel universe farming :mrgreen:
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

Small farm, old equipment (90s) and seasons.
That's my dream for FS19.
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Just as much as I wait for Seasons, Im kinda nervous wether the map Im playing (Flusstall XXL) will be made seasons ready. If u dont play on the maps in Giants Modhub its hard to say isnt it?
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

JohnDeere77 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:35 pm Just as much as I wait for Seasons, Im kinda nervous wether the map Im playing (Flusstall XXL) will be made seasons ready. If u dont play on the maps in Giants Modhub its hard to say isnt it?
I don't know that map and it will be up to the map maker to make it Seasons19 ready. The process of making a map Seasons ready should not be more complex than for FS17 maps. In a while we will post requirements for map makers so maps can be made ready before or soon after Seasons19 is published.
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Thats nice, whatever map u play on! Been trying to google around to see wether Fusstal has a crowd of players. I guess an highly used map is more likely for the modder to put the additional work into.
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

Please do not use the base game value of Hay in seasons. In Mercury farms I'm noticing they slightly tweak hay value up from grass hay prices. It finally makes sense because you don't have grass paying more than hay and you can actually make some decent money selling hay. It's in the region normal crop prices. It's not as good but puts it realistically area. Baling hay in FS is my little virtual Zen garden
jah6575

Post by jah6575 »

Sorry if this has been asked already, I have been following some other threads and forgot about this one. For the Realismus team: I know that you mentioned snow as in 17 will be a fill type on the ground. That being said in 17 you could scoop it with a bucket, but the silage levelers and plow built for pushing it didn’t work very well. I personally found the brush and snowblower to be the fastest way to move the snow, however on console the brush also deletes fields, which has been an issue for me. Just wondering if there is something on Seasons end that can enable snow to be pushed better or if it is an inherent problem with it being a fill type.
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

We are looking into options here
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

It's time for a feature update