[FS19]Mod Contest 2019

Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

[FS19]Mod Contest 2019

Post by Chaki »

GIANTS Software, the creators of Farming Simulator and Focus Home Interactive are proud to present the Farming Simulator 19 modding contest.

Amazing prizes are available in this year’s mod contest. Whether you’re planning to enter with a map or a mod, you will have the opportunity to win great prizes provided by our sponsors Logitech G, DJI and the Swiss Future Farm. Check out all the prizes for each category here.

This year, we will be looking to find the best mod, the best map as well as the best Youngtimer. Furthermore, we have a very special contest for you: recreate the Swiss Future Farm and win up to 10.000€. Keep in mind that you can only enter once, so choose your category wisely. Please have a look at our rules as well before starting to work on the project. The voting for the winners will end on Monday, the 22nd of July and the winners will be announced at FarmCon 19 on the 27th of July 2019.

Good luck and happy modding.

And just in case you wonder: "No Prefabs" means, that we don't allow Prefabs as submissions, but you are very much allowed to use them when creating a new map, if the original creator has allowed you to do so. And for the record: GIANTS created prefabs are very much allowed.

EDIT:
We made a video showing off the cool prices you can win.
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support
RODHA

Re: [FS19]Mod Contest 2019

Post by RODHA »

Do you plan on revealing the total number of contestants for Mod Contest 2019?

I'm asking because of a specific reason.

Lately, both in our forum and in other forums related to Farming Simulator and even in some discord channels/other social media sources, a lot of people claim that a considerable amount of modders stopped modding for FS19.

So, I think revealing the total contestant number would shed some light to whether those claims are accurate or just some made up stories to stir the community.
PS5 / FS22
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Number of mods submitted to the contest = total contestant number

As simple as that once the mods are available to download and vote on.

Modders leaving is a natural thing in this game and all others. People have been saying that since I've been playing FS2011. Modding scene is not what it used to be. This and that was better. My rose tinted nostalgia glasses are the best. blah blah blah. As some leave, others come. It's a cycle that repeats.

It's simple nostalgia and the fear of change. You see people acting like this when it comes to all aspects of society and not just game modding communities.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

RODHA wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:28 am Do you plan on revealing the total number of contestants for Mod Contest 2019?

I'm asking because of a specific reason.

Lately, both in our forum and in other forums related to Farming Simulator and even in some discord channels/other social media sources, a lot of people claim that a considerable amount of modders stopped modding for FS19.

So, I think revealing the total contestant number would shed some light to whether those claims are accurate or just some made up stories to stir the community.
Modders come and go, it been like that for years now
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Thank you for the replies. My intention was not to flame anything.
I'm aware and I do understand that modders come and go but with all the stuff I have read so far, it seems like there is a bigger abandonment than the usual cycle.
Thats why I wondered and asked. I'm kinda sick of seeing made up stories all over the place so, as always the best thing to do is to ask the officials for a legitimate answer.
PS5 / FS22
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

And I don't think you are flaming anything. Seems and feels don't give us any statistically significant numbers or trends. Like I said, you can tell the number of contestants by the number of mods submitted to the contest.

In terms of thoughts and feelings, I would say it's likely that the changes to the Lua scripting and the changes to how maps are created have put people off because it was a steep learning curve. We went through a similar cycle between 13 and 15, but the changes in 19 were more significant.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Thank you Seb. Now I have a much better understanding on all the chatter that is going on.
PS5 / FS22
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

Hopefully we actually see the top 3 mods from this year on console.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
Estonski

Post by Estonski »

What is Swiss Future Map? Thanks.
Maciu_S

Re: [LS19]Mod Contest 2019

Post by Maciu_S »

Do OLD machines have to have a year of manufacture on the nameplate or must these Companies stop producing this machine before 1999?
Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Post by Chaki »

Estonski wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:12 pm What is Swiss Future Map? Thanks.
It's a project to develop farming techniques in Switzerland, pretty cool stuff. Their homepage is sadly only in german but you can view the whole farm here.
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support
Michael5941

Post by Michael5941 »

Just a quick question, in the mod hub on consoles there used to be a tab called mod contest. In update 1.3 that tab was removed. Does that mean we won't get any of the mod contest mods? If I'm not mistaken the reason we got seasons fs17 was because of the mod contest and that was amazing to see a mod that we was told multiple times that we would, under no circumstances, ever get on consoles. And I was hoping we would get some other mod that under normal conditions would be impossible on consoles due to the restrictions, but after the removal of the mod contest tab from the modhub me and some of my friends has became a little worried that nothing from the mod contest will release on consoles :sadnew: I don't have a PC so I don't know if the tab is still there for PC, if it isn't that will alleviate some of my worries because that means they are still coming and the tab just got removed for some reason, but if the tab is still there for PC then my worries will worsen untill a official answer is stated.

Anyway hope this can be answered *thumbsup*
PS4 User(PSN- LoneWolf5841)
Enjoying FS19 on PS4
Thanks to the modders for the wonderful work they do, Happy Farming :hi:
Michael5941

Post by Michael5941 »

Drmattymd wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:14 pm Seasons was not available for anybody (legitimately) until it was released for the mod contest. As the contest winner it was supposed to have the option of becoming a DLC, Realismus said they were not doing that and were not going to make it available for console. Once they said that, then it became a " it wont come to consoles now because of scripts" etc. issue. Whether they changed there mind or it was just an incredibly well kept secret, they never said.

The tab was most likely removed because the contest itself will be PC only. That doesnt mean that theres not a possibility of the winning mod making it over to consoles. And likely some entries that arent loaded with extra scripts will make it over as well. But theres simply not a need for a contest tab on consoles because they're excluded from the contest itself.

Not an OFFICIAL answer, but a logical one
Thanks for the reply, I thought the tab was going to be where the winning mod would be located that's all I assumed what it was meant for
PS4 User(PSN- LoneWolf5841)
Enjoying FS19 on PS4
Thanks to the modders for the wonderful work they do, Happy Farming :hi:
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

The tab isent there for pc either. Voting is sapposed to stop in 3 weeks, when will the contest start?
PC gamer.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Beastbubba wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:08 pm The tab isent there for pc either. Voting is sapposed to stop in 3 weeks, when will the contest start?
The contest starts when GIANTS make the mods available.

With the 2017 Mod Contest the deadline for submitting mods was 4th June. The mods were made available and voting started on the 9th June. Voting closed and the results were announced on 24th June (during FarmCon 17).

This year the deadline for submitting mods is 6th July, voting ends 22nd July with winners announced on 27th July (FarmCon 19). So based on the last Mod Contest I guess the mods will be available and voting will begin around the 12th July - or it could be that it just took a week for GIANTS to verify and validate the entries and they released them as soon as possible.

As a reminder for the reason why contest mods are unlikely to be available on consoles: The mods aren't tested by GIANTS, only checked that they are valid (no stolen parts, no viruses, etc). If a modder wants to make their contest entry available for consoles then that's up to them, but I would expect they would only be able to do so after the contest has finished and the modder submits it for the usual testing.

The reason Seasons was the exception that came to consoles was because GIANTS were impressed with the level of coding and work involved (so much so they hired Rahkiin) and offered to work with Realismus to make Seasons available for console users, to the extent that they released a patch for the game to allow this. It didn't make it onto consoles because it won the mod contest.