The sound.. Please Giants, give us some answers..

pingu

Re: The sound.. Please Giants, give us some answers..

Post by pingu »

billy_roberts_81 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:33 pm
They can show any interest they want. Or are you someone who should be able to demand a certain interest from them?

Everything should be taken care of *now*, right? GIANTS must do this and they must do it *now*. And because they don't fix what you want them to fix *now*, your conclusion is they never fix anything else? OK...

Also, one users game-breaking bug is a non-issue for someone else. Because, if you actually look around the forum you will see people playing the game for hundreds of hours and enjoying it. Maybe your personal experience is not the norm? It's up to GIANTS to decide the severity of reported bugs and issues. You just have to accept that.

And then the usual stuff... You and your "mates" and being so disappointed you will stop playing FS19. Again someone is trying to imply they speaking for an unknown number of others just to give some impression of force. Stop playing if you like. It's your decision alone. But for some reason those people that need to tell everybody here they will stop playing (or stop posting in the forum) never seems to do just that...
<-- FS17 on an iMac 27" playing Lone Oak Farm and The Western Shore -->
Lucass

Post by Lucass »

I get the impression the engines sound is... "flat"? I don't know how to call it... it looks like engine has two phases of RPM - low (idle) and high. When I accelerate, RPM increases very quickly and it doesn't matter if I'm going 15 km/h or 53 km/h engine sounds identically (in external view).
I don't remember how the things looked in 1.2 (most of the time I played with sound off), however in 1.3 I think something's wrong :(
TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

billy_roberts_81 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:25 am
sootysax wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:14 am
billy_roberts_81 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:33 pm Judging by the lack of interest GIANTS are showing in fixing any issue now I highly doubt there will be any further patches or fixes at all.
Being a bit dramatic now, aren't we?
Nothing dramatic about it, for every issue reported recently it has been an instant "won't fix" by there QA testers. On top of that it was often mentioned there would be no further patches unless it was game breaking.

I hope the other person posting here information is correct and they really do another patch. However seeing that with 1.3 they managed to actually cause new issues I have very good reason to not be excited about it.

Finally if you have nothing of note to add to this topic I suggest you refrain from having a go at peoples comments and opinions, something you often complain about yourself.

If you don't like this topic or myself or anyone elses comments don't read them.
The next patch is also confirmed from Maurus, so for sure the 1.3 will not be the last one...

viewtopic.php?f=985&p=1125128#p1124745
SwoopGB

Post by SwoopGB »

Um.....look, rather than having an argument, can we return to the question that's been asked and possibly discuss the fact that Giants, as an organisation, have had a member of staff (ok, ok, I know, but stick with me here) look through this thread and edit out someone's bad language (fair enough), however, there is still no reply from anyone at Giants regarding the question itself. I believe you'll find less editing of frustrated people's bad language will be required if reasonable questions like this one get answered.

Unless, of course, if the answer is [WONT FIX]. Then I can understand the unwillingness to reply.
TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

Chris confirmed in the Discord Channel yesterday that they are still working on the sounds. Don`t know why they don`t announce an offical statement in this forum to calm down everybody.
Guil

Post by Guil »

SwoopGB wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:12 pm Um.....look, rather than having an argument, can we return to the question that's been asked and possibly discuss the fact that Giants, as an organisation, have had a member of staff (ok, ok, I know, but stick with me here) look through this thread and edit out someone's bad language (fair enough), however, there is still no reply from anyone at Giants regarding the question itself. I believe you'll find less editing of frustrated people's bad language will be required if reasonable questions like this one get answered.

Moderators aren't staff.
TZ441

Post by TZ441 »

You should be Guil for as much stuff you have to take in the forum 😂😂😂
FS15, FS17, FS19 all on Xbox.
FS19 on PC
4th Generation Cattle rancher in South Dakota.
Jeytav

Post by Jeytav »

The QA testers looks at the bug reports and then either judges if it's an issue that's going to be fixed or not. They judge either by what the other departments have told them or by asking them about the specific bug.

Like in many of the minor bugs/glitch threads where people talk about light not being exactly right etc QA simply says that it's been noted but that it might not be fixed.

As for the sound I am sure that they are aware and the sound guys are working out a way to solve it but they still gotta run a bussiness so they have to both fix bugs, create the new DLC's and work on other projects. They can't just tell everyone to stop working on anything but bugs cause that would mean they loose time and the ability to meet deadlines etc so for now instead of making a new thread about the same issues every 3 hours it would be better to just move a long, report any new bugs and give constructive feedback when needed but don't keep making new threads about the same issues :)
billy_roberts_81

Post by billy_roberts_81 »

pingu wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:12 am
billy_roberts_81 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:33 pm
They can show any interest they want. Or are you someone who should be able to demand a certain interest from them?

Everything should be taken care of *now*, right? GIANTS must do this and they must do it *now*. And because they don't fix what you want them to fix *now*, your conclusion is they never fix anything else? OK...

Also, one users game-breaking bug is a non-issue for someone else. Because, if you actually look around the forum you will see people playing the game for hundreds of hours and enjoying it. Maybe your personal experience is not the norm? It's up to GIANTS to decide the severity of reported bugs and issues. You just have to accept that.

And then the usual stuff... You and your "mates" and being so disappointed you will stop playing FS19. Again someone is trying to imply they speaking for an unknown number of others just to give some impression of force. Stop playing if you like. It's your decision alone. But for some reason those people that need to tell everybody here they will stop playing (or stop posting in the forum) never seems to do just that...
Again you as many on here miss the point. Why do you insist of making out people who don't like Fs19 must have some agenda, or some desire to force others to see there way.
I don't go round accusing people who like Fs19 of having some ulterior motive, they must be employed by GIANTS or some other nonsense, that would be ridiculous, just as your assumptions are as ridiculous about myself.

I was stating a fact, myself and my mates while only a tiny minority have enjoyed this game for nearly 10 years, but we feel completely disappointed and let down with this version. We didn't want to stop enjoying Farm Sim but that hasn't been our doing.

We have a choice say nothing and let GIANTS hear only fanboy comments of praise thinking the job they've done is fantastic, and never bother with Farm Sim again,

Or,

We can voice our concerns and try to explain to them why we feel there current method of ignoring so many tiny little issues is disappointing to many long time fans of the game.

What is a tiny issue to you could be massive to someone else.
So what isn't important to some is important to others, and no GIANTS can't please every single player, but they managed it pretty well with the previous versions, even early on in each games life cycle.

The OP as myself would like an official response about the sound issue. GIANTS did show an interest by doing a poll. 75% were unhappy with the sounds the way they are.

As you don't work for GIANTS why are you even commenting in this topic, instead of picking on other peoples comments perhaps take a leaf out of your own advice and if your so happy playing Fs19 why on earth are you on this forum posting on topics like these!?!
Jeytav wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:30 pm The QA testers looks at the bug reports and then either judges if it's an issue that's going to be fixed or not. They judge either by what the other departments have told them or by asking them about the specific bug.

Like in many of the minor bugs/glitch threads where people talk about light not being exactly right etc QA simply says that it's been noted but that it might not be fixed.

As for the sound I am sure that they are aware and the sound guys are working out a way to solve it but they still gotta run a bussiness so they have to both fix bugs, create the new DLC's and work on other projects. They can't just tell everyone to stop working on anything but bugs cause that would mean they loose time and the ability to meet deadlines etc so for now instead of making a new thread about the same issues every 3 hours it would be better to just move a long, report any new bugs and give constructive feedback when needed but don't keep making new threads about the same issues :)
Again the OP was asking a genuine question in response to GIANTS interest in the matter.

That poll was taken some time ago and since then weve heard nothing.
Were only asking if somebody from GIANTS could give us an update as to whether they are even bothering to fix the sounds, or have moved on.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

They were looking into it but not in 1.3
Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Post by Chaki »

TobiHH wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:23 pm Chris confirmed in the Discord Channel yesterday that they are still working on the sounds. Don`t know why they don`t announce an offical statement in this forum to calm down everybody.
It would flood the forums, if we were to do so all the time, with every issue people post.

That being said, we know that the topic of sound is hotly debated (to put it lightly). We've seen that and the sound team knows of it. They have also asked for specific feedback (which some have already provided so kudos from our sound folks for that).

Generally, the best feedback is specific feedback. With sound, the best is specific examples as to how a machine should sound like.
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support
Lord Nighthawk

Post by Lord Nighthawk »

This leaves me slightly confused Chris. Isn´t it the case that your sound team should have previously already visited every type of vehicle in the game in real for sound recording so they should at last know best how the vehicles sound with high quality examples?

I don´t think that the users here are now capable to get a quality record of each vehicle just for to provide you further examples. At last there are ton´s of videos for each vehicle available on youtube, for sure, the sound there is not 100% accurate and differs for each type of cheap handy/headcam microphone but at last a good sound engineer should be capable to get an average idea of the sound after listening to some of the videos. For a lot of vids about JD, Challenger and a bit of Fendt you could take a look at the youtube channel from "deano0303", tons of indoor/outdoor examples as well as field work and road driving.

In general:
The indoor sounds are far too silent, at last you should be capable to still hear the sounds when the fans of a pc or console go on high rpm in summer - when i turn up my fans for summer-mode i have to strongly re-regulate my speakers volume for to still hear something from the indoor sounds and when i then switch from indoor to outdoor i nearly get blown from my chair due to the high difference.
Second is that most engine sounds are monotone if you don´t use a digital controller. If you play with a keyboard the engine sound is at 100% in a second after you press the forward key and does not leave this state while the transmission sounds still scale with an engine turning at monotone rpm the whole time.
Bass is nearly completly missing, outdoor and indoor, and for indoor sounds bass is a replacement for the missing feeling of the vehicles engine vibrations. My subwoofer nearly stays all the time silent and when i put your sounds through a spectrum analyzer the meds and highs where nearly on the same level but the bass was partially -3 to -6 db under them.
Sound of attached vehicles/working sounds can only be heared from the inside of a vehicle when you look backwards, if you turn your view back to the front the sound of the attached vehicles disappear for no reason.
Surface sounds can´t really be heared as well as attachment, break and valve sounds.
And at last, for vehicles that use to have a turbocharger the turbowhistle we had in fs17 is not even present - not included in fs19.

edit:
Challenger MT700 engine sounds like it got a bad piston-eater...a repeating rumble that i cannot hear in any available new generation mt700 videos. The MT700 is an interesting vehicle for reality-game sound compairson as it´s cabin is good damped and the main indoor sounds consists of a deep engine sound with the highs cut but a very present and loud sound of the transmission.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETospLpsakk&
Last edited by Lord Nighthawk on Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:24 pm, edited 12 times in total.
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

They sounded better in fs17 to me anyhow...so if your sound team is having issues then go back to those sounds
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
Lord Nighthawk

Post by Lord Nighthawk »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:19 pm They sounded better in fs17 to me anyhow...so if your sound team is having issues then go back to those sounds
Half of the vehicles have changed, so reverting is not a real option.
TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

O5-Chris wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:59 pm
TobiHH wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:23 pm Chris confirmed in the Discord Channel yesterday that they are still working on the sounds. Don`t know why they don`t announce an offical statement in this forum to calm down everybody.
It would flood the forums, if we were to do so all the time, with every issue people post.

That being said, we know that the topic of sound is hotly debated (to put it lightly). We've seen that and the sound team knows of it. They have also asked for specific feedback (which some have already provided so kudos from our sound folks for that).

Generally, the best feedback is specific feedback. With sound, the best is specific examples as to how a machine should sound like.
Hi Chris,

thanks for your reply. Maybe you should check this out...

viewtopic.php?f=955&t=131057&start=585#p1120815