Old stream farm

Post by crash »

It was in testing last week :hmm: guess it failed :confusednew:
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
cwattyeso

Re: Old stream farm

Post by cwattyeso »

Would be nice if 05-Chris when doing the Mods in Testing Update, would also maybe just indicate which mods from the previous update failed testing and maybe a single sentence or explanation as to why that mod failed and was rejected back to the author. Would give us all a bit more of a clue as to what's happening with mods and why mods just disappear from the list with no explanation never to be heard of again.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Way2drunk2walk

Post by Way2drunk2walk »

crash wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:28 pm It was in testing last week :hmm: guess it failed :confusednew:
Probably had to be updated for the 1.3 patch.
"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may." Samuel Houston
Farming on PC
crash

Post by crash »

Mustbe, blacksheep modding should have the routine to get things thru on the first try:)
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

cwattyeso wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:35 pm Would be nice if 05-Chris when doing the Mods in Testing Update, would also maybe just indicate which mods from the previous update failed testing and maybe a single sentence or explanation as to why that mod failed and was rejected back to the author. Would give us all a bit more of a clue as to what's happening with mods and why mods just disappear from the list with no explanation never to be heard of again.
That sounds like pointless and unnecessary work in my opinion.
Jeytav

Post by Jeytav »

it failed and yeah i don't see why chris should spend time on putting a thread together explaining why the mods failed,. if it's not on the list anymore and doesn't appear on the heb then it failed. From the on it's up to the author to decide if they wanna say it failed or just fix it and resubmit
Guil

Post by Guil »

cwattyeso wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:35 pm Would be nice if 05-Chris when doing the Mods in Testing Update, would also maybe just indicate which mods from the previous update failed testing and maybe a single sentence or explanation as to why that mod failed and was rejected back to the author. Would give us all a bit more of a clue as to what's happening with mods and why mods just disappear from the list with no explanation never to be heard of again.
If I'm not mistaken something similar was suggested and trialled when Lisertan started the thread 2 years ago but it created as much ''hassle'' as it solved so don't think that will change.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Seeing as you locked the 'Mods in Testing' thread before I got to reply to some of the replies it received after my post. I would like to clarify that maybe including the information on the reason mods failed testing on the Mods in Testing Update Posts, beneath the list of mods currently in the test queue and the number waiting to be tested, could help people to see what the common reason mods get rejected are. This could help potential future mod author's about to submit mods not make the same mistakes ahead of time. I was watching the Farm Con Media videos last night and the video on modding was very interesting, especially the things that will get mods failed. However outside that video I'm not seeing that information listed or stated anywhere publicly. Therefore it's of interest to me as someone who plays this game extensively with mods and will not play it with anything default in-game or vanilla who just see's mods constantly disappearing off the list of mods in test without another word, if perhaps there is some similar pattern, or same mistake people are making when submitting mods, that if had a bit more light shown on it, might help the people getting into mods or getting ready to submit mods, to avoid the same pitfalls and help speed up and simplify the mods in test process, by making sure they checked off all the "Simple Mistakes" or the Easy Fixes before they upload their mods.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

Don't mean to argue, but I don't see how the additional info would help us in any way. It's clear that if it's in testing, then isn't, and doesn't show up on the hub, then it must have failed. Us knowing why won't help in any way and would just create extra work for those updating the thread.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
Aholz89

Post by Aholz89 »

Not to mention the heated discussions if a desired mod fails testing. Let the Modder and GIANTS sort it out, don't see the reason why people other than those involved should feel entitled to information why it failed.
Came here for information, stayed for the entertainment.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

im on board with everyone else here.. I don't see how much it could serve other than to make more work and likely negative discussions.. personally I don't even check the mods in testing thread.. in the end it doesn't change anything.. the mods will hit the hub when they do.. otherwise I just keep on keeping on.. and the best part is when something I really really like hits the hub im all "BIRTHDAY SURPRISES!!!" lol.. as to the original topic here.. im very anxiously awaiting Old Stream.. I love that lil map.. I hope it doesn't have all the extra fields this time.. I liked the original from fs17.. just my personal opinion tho.. the updated version didn't seem as organic as the original
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

cwattyeso wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:31 pm Seeing as you locked the 'Mods in Testing' thread before I got to reply to some of the replies it received after my post. I would like to clarify that maybe including the information on the reason mods failed testing on the Mods in Testing Update Posts, beneath the list of mods currently in the test queue and the number waiting to be tested, could help people to see what the common reason mods get rejected are. This could help potential future mod author's about to submit mods not make the same mistakes ahead of time. I was watching the Farm Con Media videos last night and the video on modding was very interesting, especially the things that will get mods failed. However outside that video I'm not seeing that information listed or stated anywhere publicly. Therefore it's of interest to me as someone who plays this game extensively with mods and will not play it with anything default in-game or vanilla who just see's mods constantly disappearing off the list of mods in test without another word, if perhaps there is some similar pattern, or same mistake people are making when submitting mods, that if had a bit more light shown on it, might help the people getting into mods or getting ready to submit mods, to avoid the same pitfalls and help speed up and simplify the mods in test process, by making sure they checked off all the "Simple Mistakes" or the Easy Fixes before they upload their mods.
There are submission guidelines available to those who have registered on mod hub. So the information is available to people submitting mods.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Aholz89 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:17 pm Not to mention the heated discussions if a desired mod fails testing. Let the Modder and GIANTS sort it out, don't see the reason why people other than those involved should feel entitled to information why it failed.
This
Ignorance is bliss
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

And this relates to the old stream farm in which way?
PS4 und PC
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Because it was in the Mods in Testing list a week or so ago and then disappeared. It never appeared on the ModHub, so everyone guesses that it failed testing. The way information is currently shown in that thread we don't 100% no for definite it failed, as they don't tell us, nor do we know the reason why it failed.