Chickens/Eggs

mirceast19

Chickens/Eggs

Post by mirceast19 »

Ok, I cant stop all my life waiting for a next patch to solve things and make a better feeling in FS 19, so I have to move on in list of achievements and today I start play (in my single save Ravenport map, after 200+ hours time played) with Chickens.

I have a lot of questions and remarks about my stupidity or about a lot of bugs. (obviously the chickens also have bugs)

First question: How should I transport the hens from dealer to coop? I didnt see anything for that in Animal Transport? Am I blind?
So I paid fee for chickens. :(

Next question: What is the difference between these four types of chickens? And I'm not talking about colors. I still can recognize colors, I'm not that old. :)

Hmm: Here was a funny thing! After I started producing some chickens, guess what happened. The rain started. Yes! God bless my fields! Or chickens God maybe? Ravenport is in Kentucky? :) In over 200 hours of game play, I only saw the rain on the first day, 4 months ago. And now I got a rain again. Is this a bug? Is it a chance? I have no idea. What works well in this game ?!

HELP menu. There probably is not a bug, but is just the unknown or ignorance of the guy who wrote, anyone who just wrote the text without playing FS19. Food: wheat. No, in Placebles, there are symbols of wheat and barley. Of course I chose barley. Product (in Help Menu)? Eggs. No, there are eggs and wheat. Even if you have fed them with barley, they will make wheat. Nice conversion.

Sounds. Until now our tractors have broken our ears, but the hens are so silent. I dont feel close to dozens of flemish chickens.

Clean/feed area. Of course with belt systems, just like in FS17. Again the rules of the forum dont let me tell you what I think about those belts. :) Bugs again.

Transport eggs. There is a chinese work to load the eggs in pick-up. I've tried to drive that little golf car or whatever it is - Mahindra. Is anyone smarter than me who does not carry eggs like that? I hope so. So I drive to Central Grain Elevator. I didnt see any chinese there, so of course I unload the eggs by myself. Bugs again. Some eggs are selling just if you drive there, some eggs are selling when you throw down boxes. And one box of eggs got under the grill; and I cant get to it anymore, it's stuck somewhere down under the grill.

Progress. Nothing to do more. Just give them some wheat/barley, clean up that dirt (wheat) and sell eggs.

I find nothing interesting about this new system. It could remain as in FS17. I've got the achievement, I'm gonna sell the chickens. These are my feelings.

Please answer my questions above if you have found better solutions. NO MODS please. Thank you!
PrincessJessi84

Re: Chickens/Eggs

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

1- there is no transport atm
2- I think like the other animals that its just for variety
3- do rain dances with your chickens.. but seriously I *think* it was updated in 1.3 to rain more often
4- idk.. maybe they just wanted to provide the basic info?
5- in fs17 I found the chicken sounds annoying.. maybe others did too.. im not sad that they aren't super loud
6- ive not played with the belts in 19 much so my opinion is mook here
7- I used the pickup or Mahindra until the crate thing came out on pc.. now I load them into the pallet crate and haul them like that.. if u r on pc its much easier
8- I like the new system.. to me chickens were so utterly pointless in 17 and made almost no money at all but now u can be a productive chicken farmer.. but to each their own.. hope this all helps a lil.. happy farming
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:34 pm
They didn't fix that ridiculous chicken transport problem in patch 1.3? That's a bummer. It still costs $10 each way to transport a $25 chicken :hmm: :hmm:
Perbjorkhem

Post by Perbjorkhem »

You can load eggs on any wagon. Just use the hand symbol, lift over the edge of the wagon and go fetch next one. Chicken is utterly boring and gives almost no money. The food thing is the same thing with all animals. So when I clean the pig tray and pour it back, I have potatoes. Even though I never fed them that.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

honestly.. im not sure if they fixed it post 1.3... I hadn't given it much thought and haven't needed to move chickens in a while
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
CMDRTAKEDOWN

Post by CMDRTAKEDOWN »

Thing I hate about is selling the egg's.Some boxes stay behind.
Some you need to walk up and down the sell point while pushing it through the grate. Then I seen how my wife does it.
She uses the pick up sure same as me. Drive's to the sell point unfolds the pick up. Which lowers the tail gate. Drive forwards till wee way in front of the front of the sell point. Then floors it in reverse at then hit the brake. BOOM!! all are eggs sold.
Thinking of using a tipper and just tip them. Just waiting on my boxes atm.
PS4
PS5
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

CMDRTAKEDOWN wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:16 am Thing I hate about is selling the egg's.Some boxes stay behind.
Some you need to walk up and down the sell point while pushing it through the grate. Then I seen how my wife does it.
She uses the pick up sure same as me. Drive's to the sell point unfolds the pick up. Which lowers the tail gate. Drive forwards till wee way in front of the front of the sell point. Then floors it in reverse at then hit the brake. BOOM!! all are eggs sold.
Thinking of using a tipper and just tip them. Just waiting on my boxes atm.
I'm just picturing the look on the warehouse manager's face if a truck drove up with a load of egg crates in real life and unloaded them that way :lol: :lol:
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

It's like everything in the game: If you don't like it, don't Play with it. Chickens are no different than horses, sheep and pigs. You feed them, they produce something (Eggs, wool, more pigs, value) and then you sale. Chickens are - in my opinion - not to resell like pigs or horses. I buy a load of chickens and let them reproduce themselve to a full coop and then I get rid of the male and let them produce eggs.

As for Colors go: What are the other animals Color good for. It is just to have a different look to your coop. Why can we Change the Color of our truck, why Change the ground from sand to concrete? If that is a Problem (or even worth questioning) you should consider playing early 90s Videogames.

I guess in FS 17 the pigs produced corn instead of pigfood in fs19. So if I didn't fed them corn, they still produced it.
What should they Spill out? Dirt? What to do with that?

And: If you say "Bug" you mean "works not as I exspect it to" or "it is broken"? As for the belts goes: They are the same as in 17 and I get used to them. Can't see anything Buggy about them. One Thing that has changed is that you have to turn it on after the engine runs but that is ok with me.
PS4 und PC
duncan_101

Post by duncan_101 »

Read the title and the first thing that comes to mind is "wich came first?"

On topic.

Most things mentioned here is why I gave up on chickens and got into pigs instead.
Until there is a food mixer station for cows like fs17. Then I'll start dairy farming
Happly farming in Fryslan.
On an Asus RoG laptop.
Seedy

Post by Seedy »

Chickens really seem to be to worst return on invested time, just grow wheat and sell it. The whole egg thing is so fiddly, stacked egg boxes not selling, upside-down boxes not selling, random boxes not selling until reload. Oh, look $35 profit for all that... pass. :/
Cows don't seem too bad, I am trying one of the self propelled mixers, that can hoover up the spilled food right into the mixer.
Odd thing, when I first put down the pen I never put anything but TMR in the food, but it shows 4k silage as well. Sometimes the silage drops, despite the presence of TMR, but will go back up to 4k.
I am using the mixer wagon to clean up spills, I wonder if the fact that it spills silage, instead of tmr, it's leaking silage back into the food trough. Never seems to go higher than 4k.
pcdoc

Post by pcdoc »

And don't forget the silly mistake of "chickens don't need water"
mirceast19

Post by mirceast19 »

Certainly chickens don't need water, chickens bring the rain!!
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

yesterday I got rid of that Egg-Problem: Just wait until the Box-Area is full and then Pick them all up with the bag'n lifter. A absolute phenomenal Piece of kit. Is it cheating? Not if it works :mrgreen:
PS4 und PC
mirceast19

Post by mirceast19 »

Phigo wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:36 am the bag'n lifter
I'm sorry, what is that?
( I dont want MODS :P Im crazy :)) )
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

So then it's not your Cup of tea: It's a Mod which can lift pallets and Bales. You got an Arm which is hydraulic adjustable and an attachment where you put straps on to hold your stuff. It works with almost every movable Object as Pallets, Bales, Logs, Egg-boxes etc...

It is a must have on every map I play
PS4 und PC