New Woodshire - Discussion

Phigo

Re: New Woodshire - Discussion

Post by Phigo »

Why not chop down some trees and build that horsefarm there?

I played for a couple of hours and tried to fit the new DLC in it. I totally forgot to take a closer look around the map. Did a Little horseride and discoverd some of the closer Areas. It is one beautiful map - as expected from those authors. It gives some (not much, but enough) room to expand the pre-build farm with those effordable placeable Areas. I don't see big Equipment on that map and I think the Slotcount will be a Problem but nothing thats gonna be a gamebreaker. There are ways to cut them down (sell the silo, more tractors with the same type etc).

Well done Redkeinstuss and RitchiF
PS4 und PC
hugassi

Post by hugassi »

Awesome work :hi: well done! Redkeinstus / RitchiF please continue!
GIANTS Software: Partner Program :hi:
Mike61021

Post by Mike61021 »

Daviss42 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:33 pm It is definitely the best looking map on console but slot count on new farmer is around 940 but 850 after selling some starting equipment and for that reason I don't think I'll able to do make it my main map as I'll be to conscious about slot counts but still and amazing job
If you sell the silo and some other buildings it opens up a lot of slots that’s what I had to do .
garyst

Post by garyst »

Very nice looking map. My favorite map on fs19 so far.
Pensarethebest

Post by Pensarethebest »

New favorite map....5 stars!!!
FS 22 and loving it.
Fade2black

Post by Fade2black »

Thank you Redkeinstus for the map it looks really good. I feel the old “which map today” starting again now with this game and that’s a good feeling.
I too was a bit surprised by the slot count for the silo etc but if you can change it that would be great as it looks fantastic.
Thank you for your feedback.
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

Phigo wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:49 am ....It gives some (not much, but enough) room to expand the pre-build farm with those effordable placeable Areas...
Imagine the landscaping tool: You can make everywhere place.

Phigo wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:49 am .... I don't see big Equipment on that map...
After 14 Seasons in Old Woodshire, I can tell you: You have massiv big fields on the left and on the right, when you put them together. On New Woodshire there is less forest, so you can even make more big fields next to the pigs. Giant fields!

I need Seasons ...
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
SkyBurner JB

Post by SkyBurner JB »

Mercury Farms by Alien Jim had the same type of problem with the silage bunker at the livestock farm using 60 plus slots. That was fixed in the update so I'm sure New Woodshire will get an update to this fantastic map!
SkyBurner JB

Post by SkyBurner JB »

chedly_farms wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:07 pm I took a look around. Parts of it have a US feel to it, but parts don't. It's weird but I think Marwell has a US feel to it more than most maps. Also every map maker needs to copy what Oxygendavid did with the lighting on Marwell. That was the one big thing I noticed on New Woodshire was how bright and blinding the cliffs were down by the roundabout. I'm gonna guess the tree count has a lot to do with the file size as well.
If that happens I'll uninstall FS19 the lighting on Marwell absolutely *censored*. And after the maps update to install lights in the buildings and on the yard, the placeable spotlight mod no longer functions *thumbsdown*
iB055

Post by iB055 »

I'm assuming the barbed-wire fences are static and cannot be removed. Am I correct on that assumption?
FS22 / PC & PS4 Pro
Bullze

Post by Bullze »

Best logging map to date imo. Just filled up the train cart with logs and will be unloaded near the mill.
However, I filled the 4th cart (with the cover) with woodchips and I can't unload it anywhere. I tried all "stations", selected the right implement and looked through options with the rb lb buttons, now it is just stuck there forever I guess. Any suggestions?
I'm on Xbox one btw.
Farming Girl

Post by Farming Girl »

i like the new version of the map, now i have got my orientation, it gives a whole new feel with the old familiarity, thank you for all your hard work.
Ann-Marie

C&S Modding
deddycantshoot

Post by deddycantshoot »

Nice map,thanks.
gigilal

Post by gigilal »

I am abit confused, I am trying to play this map on my server with my friends and use both farms, but it seems like the "main" farm or the first one that is being created have acces to the placeable animal pens?

have someone else seen this problem?

GREEN FARM:

BLUE FARM:

Bigfilmguy

Post by Bigfilmguy »

Before I go any further, this is NOT a moan, just a question based on my experiences.

Playing on PS4.

Has anyone noticed that workers don't seem to like the grass fields in Woodshire? It's not a huge problem but I've noticed when using the Pottinger Novacat mowers the worker will get 95% down a row, then stop, raise mower, move an inch, lower mower, move an inch, stop and repeat until they reach the edge of the field. In some cases they just stop there lifting and lowering the mower until I dismiss the worker. (Quite honestly, it looked the tractor was trying to fly, using the mowers as wings!)

I've tried mowing headlands of 1 row, 2 rows and even 3 rows, but that doesn't solve it. It's not a major issue, I just mow the field myself, I just wondered whether other people had encountered it and if anyone had any solutions. My wife encountered the same problem on her save game as well.
Viva la Valtra!
Intel I5-9400F, 16GB DDR4, GTX1660 6GB, 240GB SSD, 1TB HDD
PS4 and proud!
Thanks to all modders, we do really love you, even though we don't always show it.