New Woodshire - Discussion

mansrm81

Re: New Woodshire - Discussion

Post by mansrm81 »

Has anyone gotten this error?
Error: Running LUA method 'update'.
dataS/scripts/gui/hud/FieldInfoDisplay.lua(183) : attempt to index local 'farmland' (a nil value)
abslayer

Post by abslayer »

I fine a lot of field problems when using hired hand on this map
Stops seeding or harvesting well short of field outlines in many cases
abslayer

Post by abslayer »

I fine a lot of field problems when using hired hand on this map
Stops seeding or harvesting well short of field outlines in many cases
it has great eye appeal
But field problems had me stop playing it
Walrusman02

Post by Walrusman02 »

agree with that, still playing though. Great map, my favorite so far
2004 Sierra 1500 SLE 4x4
5.3 vortec w/turbo
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

This map is wonderful, I’ve already made a slight modification to the yard, removed the pig pen and added a little pond and loading station. I gave myself 1.3 million to start with as a continuation from my grizzly save, it was enough to get everything I need for a grain farm. I also purchased a few fields around the main yard.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
garyst

Post by garyst »

The map looks nice but after playing on it the last couple evenings I decided it wasn't for me and ended up uninstalling it. Fields have too many hills, bumps, and steep inclines for me. I like really flat fields. Still haven't found a map yet that I truly enjoy on fs19.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

garyst wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:52 pm The map looks nice but after playing on it the last couple evenings I decided it wasn't for me and ended up uninstalling it. Fields have too many hills, bumps, and steep inclines for me. I like really flat fields. Still haven't found a map yet that I truly enjoy on fs19.
Most on mercury are pretty flat until you get to the north of the map.
burnsdg

Post by burnsdg »

Redkeinstus wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:12 pm Hey guys, thank you for your first feedback. I didnt realize the problem with the slots on New Woodshire, because I cant test my maps on consoles.
But maybe I can fix this in the next days.

Best regards Redkeinstus
I've been trying out your map on PS4 today. I really like it, that you've updated and brought it up from FS17.

I'm not sure if it's just me, or just PS4, but starting a Career Mode as either New Farmer or Farm-Manager, there are no bunkers at the Biogas. Is this intended? On the overview map I can see what appear to be the outlines of where bunkers should be, but when I go walk around there are none and there are no trigger indicators for compacting, etc.
burnsdg

Post by burnsdg »

garyst wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:52 pm Still haven't found a map yet that I truly enjoy on fs19.
The fields in Estancia Lapacho were all very flat and had really good edge triggers for hired help in FS17. Plus a lot of the fields are easily joined with a plow into truly massive fields. I haven't tried it in FS19 yet though.
garyst

Post by garyst »

burnsdg wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:20 am
garyst wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:52 pm Still haven't found a map yet that I truly enjoy on fs19.
The fields in Estancia Lapacho were all very flat and had really good edge triggers for hired help in FS17. Plus a lot of the fields are easily joined with a plow into truly massive fields. I haven't tried it in FS19 yet though.
I really enjoyed playing estancia lapacho in fs17 and was one of my favorite maps, but when I tried making a farm on it on fs19 the game would crash every single time I would try to put a placeable down which got really frustrating and I gave up on it. Haven't tried again since the 1.3 update so I'm not sure if it was fixed or not.
JDamon777

Post by JDamon777 »

Anyone else having crashing issues with this map. My log reads this...

2019-04-01 06:50 scanning
2019-04-01 06:52 Warning: Particle system emitter mesh 'emitterChopShape' must be marked as a CPU Mesh or Emitter geometry name must contain 'emit' if it is set from script
2019-04-01 06:52 Error: No depth map available, but shape 'smokeEmitter' (smokeEmitter) with material 'fx_smoke01_mat' uses a custom shader which requires reading depth data.
burnsdg

Post by burnsdg »

garyst wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:54 am I really enjoyed playing estancia lapacho in fs17 and was one of my favorite maps, but when I tried making a farm on it on fs19 the game would crash every single time I would try to put a placeable down which got really frustrating and I gave up on it. Haven't tried again since the 1.3 update so I'm not sure if it was fixed or not.
I started a PS4 farm-manager in career mode on Estancia last night. I didn't have any problems not being able to "place" the placeables I tried.
garyst

Post by garyst »

burnsdg wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:35 pm
garyst wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:54 am I really enjoyed playing estancia lapacho in fs17 and was one of my favorite maps, but when I tried making a farm on it on fs19 the game would crash every single time I would try to put a placeable down which got really frustrating and I gave up on it. Haven't tried again since the 1.3 update so I'm not sure if it was fixed or not.
I started a PS4 farm-manager in career mode on Estancia last night. I didn't have any problems not being able to "place" the placeables I tried.
I play on xbox. Hopefully it has been fixed. I might try again next time I get a chance.
Tyler62990

Post by Tyler62990 »

Loving this map so far. My only gripes are the previously mentioned worker issues (not sure if this effects all fields or not) and the fact that you can't buy that beautiful ranch. These are hardly deal breakers for me, but figured it's worth mentioning. Aside from that, everything looks amazing. I sold all the starter equipment and land and now have a pretty high amount of slots to fill up. I'm planning on starting out at that little farm on the hill with that small horse pen mod and just a few pieces of small, older equipment. At the start, I'll only plant what's required to feed my horses. As the farm expands, I'll buy a silo, some seed and fertilizer placeables, and start moving toward a more self sustaining farm. I think this is going to be my first long lasting operation lol. One more thing I have to give credit for is the improved frame rate. On 17, my standard issue PS4 REALLY struggled in the wooded areas, then with snow on the ground the frames dropped to a near stop. The new version not only looks nicer with the new engine, but also runs flawlessly! Thanks for this great map!
niggle44

Post by niggle44 »

Really nice map and yes the slot count for consoles seems a little "off" but its all part of the challenge. With regard to the silo that takes 67 slots it does hold nearly everything including silage, straw, hay, TMR. So if you are doing silage bales and the bale count gets a bit high throw them in the feeder wagon and unload into the silo. If you have straw and hay in there as well you can (I think) mix TMR straight into the feeder wagon.