Helper + Plow drains funds -> freeze

Petje81

Helper + Plow drains funds -> freeze

Post by Petje81 »

Today i came across the weirdest bug and i cannot get rid of it.
On pc (laptop) i am on Mercury Farms 94 hours in never having problems with AI Helpers plowing fields. Today all of a sudden this changed while playing for several hours already.

I can start the helper plowing, he/she will plow until the other side of the field, lift the plow (to turn around) and suddenly start rolling forward very slowly while draining my bank account. If i don't dismiss the helper (while doing work myself for instance) after 5 - 10 seconds every vehicle on the map will get stuck with me included. I can quit the game without saving and start again from last save.
The combination is a Claas Xerion 5000 chip (mod) with a Horsch Joker 12RT plow (mod) and i have been using this plow for quite some time without problems (months).
I have tried the same thing with a JD 8400R, same result. On a limed or harvested crop field, no difference...

This is the error i pulled from my log:

2019-04-02 20:07 Error: Running LUA method 'update'.
2019-04-02 20:07 dataS/scripts/vehicles/specializations/Plow.lua(680) : attempt to compare number with nil

This error is repeating so much in so little time guess im getting a lua overflow of somekind.

For now i dont have any problems with other vehicles and helpers.

This bug makes it impossible to use a helper to plow big fields for me.....

EDIT(Lethian): Moved to ModHub Bugreports.
Alagos

Re: Helper + Plow drains funds -> freeze

Post by Alagos »

Check out this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=966&t=145070
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

Hi there!

This is most likely happening due to another mod in your game - can you confirm this issue does not happen with a fresh save, no mods installed? Please add your whole log file if possible - thanks! ;)
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
Decker_MMIV

Post by Decker_MMIV »

x Lethian x wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:49 am
This is most likely happening due to another mod in your game
It is ‘Follow Me’ that is the cause, as linked to eariler.

An update have been uploaded Friday to ModHub, pending verification by GIANTS ModHub team.
Petje81

Post by Petje81 »

I tried to replicate the same problem on Riverview and the same thing happened, even with standard ingame equipment.

After a complete reinstall of the game with all the mods I had excluding follow me the problem was gone on my old savegames. So as Decker already mentioned, Follow Me is the cause of this problem.
Everything works well now and I am awaiting an update on the Follow Me mod before trying again if the problem has been fixed.
rruegsegger

Post by rruegsegger »

I have had the same problem. The first time it happened I lost over an hour of game play. I eventually figured out that if I uninstalled the follow me mod then I could hire workers again to plow. After reinstallation of follow me the problem came back and even tried it on both in game maps with only in game equipment. The problem only occurs when follow me is installed and I could not find another mod that affected it.
Petje81

Post by Petje81 »

I noticed I've never gave thanks for the update as this problem was fixed for quite a while now.
So hereby a big thank you for fixing this as the follow me mod is a must have for me *thumbsup*