C'mon giants give the taters some love

Angryfarmer

C'mon giants give the taters some love

Post by Angryfarmer »

Since the grimme pack dlc never made it 17 and looks to be dead i wish giants would finally add some new potatoe equipment. Just a couple windrowers and aleast a four row trailed harvester that doesnt require a topper first. Been the same equipment since fs13 only now with an even smaller harvester. Doesnt seem to be to much to ask for a couple windrowers and a decent trailed harvester. Time for the spuds to get some love.
garyst

Re: C'mon giants give the taters some love

Post by garyst »

Really wish they would give cotton a little love too. Getting tired of the case ih 635 picker which the cotton bales get stuck in the air when unloading anyway.
Poizonous

Post by Poizonous »

Just curious, are you moving forward when unloading the harvester? It seems to get stuck in the air when I move forward, but not when I stay still and unload.
PS4 FS15/FS17/FS19 | PS Vita FS14/FS16/FS18
Seedy

Post by Seedy »

I haven't seen the cotton bales float since the patch. (1.3)
garyst

Post by garyst »

Poizonous wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:21 am Just curious, are you moving forward when unloading the harvester? It seems to get stuck in the air when I move forward, but not when I stay still and unload.
No i'm not moving forward. And it happens with the hired workers too. This was on Marwell manor after 1.3 update I planted a couple fields of cotton and made about 6 bales and every single one got stuck when unloading. Haven't tried any other map yet, but started playing on mill Midland and will try a couple fields on there to see what happens.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Angryfarmer wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:00 am Since the grimme pack dlc never made it 17 and looks to be dead i wish giants would finally add some new potatoe equipment. Just a couple windrowers and aleast a four row trailed harvester that doesnt require a topper first. Been the same equipment since fs13 only now with an even smaller harvester. Doesnt seem to be to much to ask for a couple windrowers and a decent trailed harvester. Time for the spuds to get some love.
I’d be all over potatoes and sugar beet if the prices were decent. There was a mod in 17 that allowed you to pallet the potatoes and you’d get more money for them. Guess I’ll have to edit the sales price in the game.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
duncan_101

Post by duncan_101 »

Angryfarmer wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:00 am Since the grimme pack dlc never made it 17 and looks to be dead i wish giants would finally add some new potatoe equipment. Just a couple windrowers and aleast a four row trailed harvester that doesnt require a topper first. Been the same equipment since fs13 only now with an even smaller harvester. Doesnt seem to be to much to ask for a couple windrowers and a decent trailed harvester. Time for the spuds to get some love.
i found this one ...

https://www.modland.net/farming-simulat ... v-1.0.html

finally made me plant taters again *thumbsup*
Happly farming in Fryslan.
On an Asus RoG laptop.
Bootdancer47

Post by Bootdancer47 »

I remember in FS 13 that someone modded the Techron 415 header that could expand to harvest up to 12 rows at a time--I used three of them on a big Kansas map with huge fields-using mostly helpers-was before Courseplay came out. They also had an 8 row planter that you could connect with another one using a toolbar. Played that map till I had purchased every field and produced every crop on each field, putting everything into storage( potato and beets had separate storage facilities)-storage capacity on the map was unlimited. I normally had the maximum workers-10- going all the time doing something different since the growth stages were different based on game play. Workers were limited to certain jobs-plow, seed, and harvest is all that you could do in FS13 with workers. No options for turning off crop wither because I didn't get it harvested in time. Was just in the process of selling ALL crops in storage to try to accumulate $100,000,000 cash in the bank when the new FS series came out. Didn't use any money cheats, except learned how to game the land auction part of the game that has since been discontinued. I think I had at least 10,000,000 of each crop in storage and potatoes had the most at about 23,000,000. Had the most hours on that map of FS13. Sometimes it was challenging to keep all the trucks going for harvest time but managed to have only a small part of one crop wither. I don't believe that modded Techron 415 made it to the next series-at least I didn't see it. It was on a mod site that was pretty reliable but didn't use it much after that. MY POINT--I used to raise potatoes in real life before I went broke-yes raising potatoes- and had to sell the farm, but really enjoy doing the potatoes in the game. I too, wish there were more options for potatoes.
Angryfarmer

Post by Angryfarmer »

Yup grew up on a potato farm too. I remember that 12 row harvester from 13. I believe its michigan farms modding that converted the 18 row beet harvester for 19. Downloaded it but havent tried it yet. Theres a big gap in the base game for the starting potatoe/beet equipment to the top of line equipment. Be nice to have some larger trailed harvesters for another option from the self propelled equipment. Windrowers would certainly be a game changer for potatoes
Farmer Bacon

Post by Farmer Bacon »

I agree. Some larger trailed potato harvesters would be brilliant. It would also be good to have some trailed harvesters for cotton that produce smaller bales. It would add some variety as there's only one way to do cotton at the moment.
A virtual farmer. FS17 FS19 FS22 PS5
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

I was really hoping that the grimme pack would get released on fs19. It was a large disappointment that it never released since it was being worked on for such a long time.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

I still wait for a mod like the Akpil Bulwa 2 for little tractors ...

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... _id=103745

I loved this in FS17.
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR