[SOLVED] FS 19 - Translation Bugs [NOT SOLVED]

the.geremy

[SOLVED] FS 19 - Translation Bugs [NOT SOLVED]

Post by the.geremy »

Hi,
actually you do not solve this. You just solve one bug, that is visible directly in the game, when you play.
But all other bugs in modhub, still exist.

Link to file:
https://image.giants-software.com/index ... codes=true

Wo ist die herrliche deutsche Präzision?
:gamer: FS22 Seasons is great! First time a was able to past winter.
TobiHH

Re: [SOLVED] FS 19 - Translation Bugs [NOT SOLVED]

Post by TobiHH »

They are swiss, not german...
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

Hi there!

This is something the mod takes care of, not the game. You should try to name the mod this is happening with (if it's on the ModHub) and get in touch with the creator.
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
the.geremy

Post by the.geremy »

Everything is working for German and English, but when you add Czech translation, it will not appears as it should. From my point of view, the mod is correct, but the game just display Englisch instead of Czech. Maybe everything is correct, when you put mod to Modhub..., but when you just load it into mod folder, translation is not working as intended.
:gamer: FS22 Seasons is great! First time a was able to past winter.
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

That's because there is no Czech translation provided by the modder. If no language is provided, it takes the English one by default.
Decker_MMIV

Post by Decker_MMIV »

x Lethian x wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:15 am If no language is provided, it takes the English one by default.
But what about the in-game ModHub screens? - Why does it only use EN,DE,FR languages, even though the mod(s) do contain title and description XML-tags for the other languages?

We modders and players, do get a bit confused - when the ModDesc.XML clearly contains both title and description for more languages - that apparently only the <EN>, <DE> & <FR> elements are used... in the in-game ModHub. - So there seems to be no need to provide titles & descriptions for other languages... for the in-game ModHub.

For instance / example:
I have changed language on my Steam version of FS19 to Czech:
And the game does start in a language I do not understand:
Though when looking at a mod by GIANTS Software, in the in-game ModHub, the mod's description is in English?
Even though the mod's ModDesc.XML file clearly contains a Czech description element:
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

Ah, now I see what you're pointing at - traditionally our ModHub only supplies the EN, DE and FR descriptions in the inGame ModHub through our backend. Modders can always provide more than these languages though via XML and they will be used in the game itself when playing in the corresponding language. For example the Mod selection screen when starting a savegame or the inGame button names in the help window UI.