Trailer Assist mod

Goooober

Trailer Assist mod

Post by Goooober »

One of my most beloved mods in FS17 was Trailer Assist as i'm a keyboard and mouse player and having just got FS19 i'm hating life without it. Does anyone know who made that mod and whether or not they might be making it for FS19?

Thanks
don_apple

Re: Trailer Assist mod

Post by don_apple »

The mod was made by a Modder named 'Mogli' (see https://github.com/Mogli12/TrailerAssist), but unfortunately he has decided to quit modding. So unless somebody decided to pick up this mod and convert it there most likely won't be another version of it for FS19.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
dutchcon21

Post by dutchcon21 »

Goooober wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:22 pm One of my most beloved mods in FS17 was Trailer Assist as i'm a keyboard and mouse player and having just got FS19 i'm hating life without it. Does anyone know who made that mod and whether or not they might be making it for FS19?

Thanks
Not sure if this will help you but its a mod to lock steering axles on trailers. You need to register to download. Some good mods on this site (where Farmer Andy releases).

https://www.lsfarming-mods.com/filebase/
ghosted

Post by ghosted »

Goooober wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:22 pm One of my most beloved mods in FS17 was Trailer Assist as i'm a keyboard and mouse player and having just got FS19 i'm hating life without it. Does anyone know who made that mod and whether or not they might be making it for FS19?

Thanks
yes it was mogli. But he maybe making it again for fs19 as he also made FS19_AIVehicleExtension, and that is out for 19 in beta so maybe he will do trailer assist too
sootysax

Post by sootysax »

ghosted wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:31 pm

Thanks
yes it was mogli. But he maybe making it again for fs19 as he also made FS19_AIVehicleExtension, and that is out for 19 in beta so maybe he will do trailer assist too
he quits modding for FS about 5 times per release.. walk on eggshells when corresponding with him lol
Ivan1949

Post by Ivan1949 »

It is a real catastrophe for me that I am also a keyboard and mouse player, not having "TRAILER ASSIST" one of my main MODS, but almost the main one along with the EnhancedVehicle.
I hope Mogli will help us soon by making the conversion to FS19 OF trailer assist
ghosted

Post by ghosted »

Ivan1949 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:13 pm It is a real catastrophe for me that I am also a keyboard and mouse player, not having "TRAILER ASSIST" one of my main MODS, but almost the main one along with the EnhancedVehicle.
I hope Mogli will help us soon by making the conversion to FS19 OF trailer assist

Well he has done FS19_AIVehicleExtension beta v0.0.2.5 so he may do Trailer Assist

Well Considering I sent both Goooober and Ivan1949 the trailer assist 2019 mod a few days ago in pms

not had 1 word from them to say thanks. Wish now i had not bothered wont do it no more
😒😒😒
Ivan1949

Post by Ivan1949 »

I regret not having seen the forum before. And the only answer to my concern I offer my most deserved thanks. The truth is that I have not seen or received the "trailer assist FS19" Mod. If you have kindness, please forward it or indicate where I can download it. Thank you
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

ghosted wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:23 pm
Well Considering I sent both Goooober and Ivan1949 the trailer assist 2019 mod a few days ago in pms

not had 1 word from them to say thanks. Wish now i had not bothered wont do it no more
😒😒😒
Goooober hasn’t been active on the forum for 6 weeks according to his profile.

👍🏼
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

The closest thing to Trailer Assist I think we're probably going to get for a long time is the Lock Steering Axles from the LS Farming site. Honestly that is a huge improvement over the vanilla trailer and some other equipment behaviour when reversing them. It's still not quite perfect or makes it really easy but it's a lot better then trying to reverse trailers that constantly fight you or worse try to assist you with their own steering wheels which oversteer with even the slightest of movements.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Ivan1949

Post by Ivan1949 »

I must thank those who have contributed to this thread of clarity to my concern of the Trailer assist mod.
When again reviewing more thoroughly on the site (see https://github.com/Mogli12/TrailerAssist) I find that Mogli has indeed launched the version for FS19 v.0.0.0.1 and it is operational only that it is not showing the HUD and it can be activated with Ctrl + T. Thank you Mogli for the great contribution
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Okay so the first bit of feedback for Mogli on the FS19 version of Trailer Assist, will be to change the Keybinding. Ctrl + T is already in use by the Park Vehicle Mod here on the Modhub and also the Vehicle Explorer Mod to do the same function, park vehicles you don't want to tab into when scrolling through your vehicles.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
ghosted

Post by ghosted »

Ivan1949 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 3:41 pm I must thank those who have contributed to this thread of clarity to my concern of the Trailer assist mod.
When again reviewing more thoroughly on the site (see https://github.com/Mogli12/TrailerAssist) I find that Mogli has indeed launched the version for FS19 v.0.0.0.1 and it is operational only that it is not showing the HUD and it can be activated with Ctrl + T. Thank you Mogli for the great contribution
Ivan1948 Please accept my apologies. I was just having a bad day, when I posted about trailer assist for 2019. I did e-mail Stefan Biedenstein the Author of FS19_AIVehicleExtension mod. also. asking if he was going to upgrade TrailerAssist to 19 he replied
Hi,

I tried to convert it and it seems to work.

Regards,
Stefan
But never said where it was, then I saw it on GitHub. so hope you accept my apologies, same as Goooober so apologies to his also

but at least now we all have FS19_TrailerAssist. it was terrible trying to reverse without it
King Zog

Post by King Zog »

It was working before the update. Can someone please fix it again ?
Not working in multiplayer at the moment on the PC
Thank you.