A suggestion surrounding mod request threads.

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Derplodactyl

A suggestion surrounding mod request threads.

Post by Derplodactyl »

I may be over reacting, I'm unsure, so be aware lol!

It appears that this sub forum has changed its focus from modding as a general theme, to request threads. These threads are starting to grow a little tiresome - and I'm not even a modder.

I think there could be a way to tidy up this forum section a little, and I suggest the method used by Forza on their Forums. There, the developers have one or two mega threads for requests - where all requests have to be placed, with no other threads to be opened around that topic. It keeps the forum neat, avoids continuous repetition, and prevents clutter.

Now, whilst I appreciate it would be extra work keeping on top of this, but I feel it would neaten up the Modding section quite nicely - to have a couple of threads dedicated solely to requesting mods - perhaps one for PC, one for consoles. That way, there's less of the "mod request for X", "can someone make Y", and "I want Z mods".

Thoughts?
- James G | Derplodactyl (The Jaggler)
- Giants Ambassador 🇬🇧
- PC & Xbox One

PC Specs:
-AsRock B550M Extreme4 Steel Legend
-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
-EVGA RTX 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
-Corsair 32GB DDR4 @3600MHz
-1TB Samsung 970 Evo Pro M.2 + 256gb NVMe Storage
don_apple

Re: A suggestion surrounding mod request threads.

Post by don_apple »

There used to be something like this here some time ago, but then some people thought it would be better to have separate threads for each mod request instead. And even while therefore those large threads with mod requests people still opened separated ones as well because their requests are more important and therefore shouldn't be overlooked in the 'mega threads'. So no matter how it is done there will always be somebody who thinks doing it another way would be the better option.

To be honest I don't really see the sense in all these mod request threads anyway, because a large part of them seem to be from console users who request stuff that can't be made available as mods for the console versions anyway due to licensing and other restrictions. And I've never ever seen one Modder respond to one of these request to say that they are going to make what was requested.

Just my 2 cents.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Derplodactyl

Post by Derplodactyl »

don_apple wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:46 pm To be honest I don't really see the sense in all these mod request threads anyway, because a large part of them seem to be from console users who request stuff that can't be made available as mods for the console versions anyway due to licensing and other restrictions. And I've never ever seen one Modder respond to one of these request to say that they are going to make what was requested.

Just my 2 cents.
This was my main point without wanting to necessarily say as such.

We are left with tens of posts without any responses, or the occasional posts with sarcastic/argumentative replies left on them - not criticism, just fact.

However if such an idea hasn't worked historically, then there's no point trying again. I was - as you said - just putting my 2c across. :)
- Giants Ambassador 🇬🇧
- PC & Xbox One

PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

How about putting in a new rule where requests are not allowed, and then delete them as they come.
Nobody seems to like them and all they do is make people complain.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
Derplodactyl

Post by Derplodactyl »

thumbwiz wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:51 pm How about putting in a new rule where requests are not allowed, and then delete them as they come.
Nobody seems to like them and all they do is make people complain.
I feel that's probably a little too extreme. I don't think people mind small quantities of them, and I also think it pacifies people's needs to throw their idea out there.

We get endless messages from people asking us as a club for mods, and then they ask where they can make such mods; we deter people from doing so for the exact reason outlines above, which goes down like a lesd balloon lol. Having somewhere like a hub where these suggestions/requests can be made gives some kind of outlet for people and satisfies the most part - BUT I feel there is a better way than the current way.
- Giants Ambassador 🇬🇧
- PC & Xbox One

PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
GTSilverado

Post by GTSilverado »

Just my 2 cents. I know that there is too many separate threads asking for mods and demanding fixes. From both pc and console users but people getting upset about is just a waste of time. If you don't like the channel change it, if don't like the way it looks look the other way and and you don't like what your reading turn the page. Like I said just my opinion.