Hazard Lights on PS4/Xbox one

Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Re: Hazard Lights on PS4/Xbox one

Post by Chaki »

I've been made aware of this thread by a few folks from the spanish community and a post in the 1.3 patch thread so i want to repost my response here too:
O5-Chris wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:52 pm
Farmer Bacon wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:18 pm O5-Chris/Lisertan, I just wondered if you guys knew if the next patch will include:

1) Keyboard support for consoles to allow use of hazard warning lights and other functions that currently can't be used.
and/or
Keyboard support is currently not on our list for 1.4, sorry.
Farmer Bacon wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:18 pm2) Adding a control for hazard warning lights to the controllers.

The reason I ask is that many people thought that hazard warning lights (by this I mean all four indicators/turn signals and not the beacons) weren't on consoles due to performance reasons but recently there have been YouTube videos of console players using them via the Logitech side panel without any issues.
So, we're talking about all the lights being on and blinking which in german we call "Warnblinkanlage" which would include not just the beacons but also the blinkers going on at the same time to indicate. I am stating this because Today I Learned.
So, yes, this is an option that's doable on console, but not activated on the controller and it's something we have put into our "wishlist" already for later. It's not something we have planned for 1.4 either, but we've taken note of the Hazard Lights on PS4/Xbox one thread and i've raised it again.

And just for clarity:
What has been deactivated on consoles are reflections of said lights for performance reasons, not the use of any lights themselves.
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

O5-Chris wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:53 pm I've been made aware of this thread by a few folks from the spanish community and a post in the 1.3 patch thread so i want to repost my response here too:
Farmer Bacon wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:18 pm O5-Chris/Lisertan, I just wondered if you guys knew if the next patch will include:

1) Keyboard support for consoles to allow use of hazard warning lights and other functions that currently can't be used.
and/or
Farmer Bacon wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:18 pm2) Adding a control for hazard warning lights to the controllers.

The reason I ask is that many people thought that hazard warning lights (by this I mean all four indicators/turn signals and not the beacons) weren't on consoles due to performance reasons but recently there have been YouTube videos of console players using them via the Logitech side panel without any issues.
So, we're talking about all the lights being on and blinking which in german we call "Warnblinkanlage" which would include not just the beacons but also the blinkers going on at the same time to indicate. I am stating this because Today I Learned.
So, yes, this is an option that's doable on console, but not activated on the controller and it's something we have put into our "wishlist" already for later. It's not something we have planned for 1.4 either, but we've taken note of the Hazard Lights on PS4/Xbox one thread and i've raised it again.

And just for clarity:
What has been deactivated on consoles are reflections of said lights for performance reasons, not the use of any lights themselves.
Hey Chris, do you know if the devs are aware of, or considering implementing Wheel Menus? It would reduce the number of tricky key combinations that players need to remember or contort their fingers to input.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
Farm-war

Post by Farm-war »

O5-Chris wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:53 pm I've been made aware of this thread by a few folks from the spanish community and a post in the 1.3 patch thread so i want to repost my response here too:

and/or

And just for clarity:
without words thank you very much for stopping by this place and leaving this information :hi:
*thumbsup* *thumbsup* Hello, I am currently playing on a MSI gtx 1660 ti pc, AMD ryzen 5 3600, 16 gb ram 500 GB SSD :gamer: :gamer: :gamer:
Derplodactyl

Post by Derplodactyl »

O5-Chris wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:53 pm (~Cut~)
If I may suggest, for Xbox (and whatever the conversion to PS4 is), to hold RB + Down on the D-Pad doesn't have a key binding as far as I have noticed? (Anyone feel free to correct me lol.)

Just a thought. :)
- James G | Derplodactyl (The Jaggler)
- Giants Ambassador 🇬🇧
- PC & Xbox One

PC Specs:
-AsRock B550M Extreme4 Steel Legend
-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
-EVGA RTX 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
-Corsair 32GB DDR4 @3600MHz
-1TB Samsung 970 Evo Pro M.2 + 256gb NVMe Storage
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

Dribbly Midget wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:59 pm
If I may suggest, for Xbox (and whatever the conversion to PS4 is), to hold RB + Down on the D-Pad doesn't have a key binding as far as I have noticed? (Anyone feel free to correct me lol.)

Yes it's how you change how a trailer unloads. I.E. rear,side,grain door ect.
XBOX/ FS22
Derplodactyl

Post by Derplodactyl »

Peter Griffin wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:49 pm
Dribbly Midget wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:59 pm

Yes it's how you change how a trailer unloads. I.E. rear,side,grain door ect.
True. That's a pretty obvious oversight on my part lol.
- James G | Derplodactyl (The Jaggler)
- Giants Ambassador 🇬🇧
- PC & Xbox One

PC Specs:
-AsRock B550M Extreme4 Steel Legend
-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
-EVGA RTX 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
-Corsair 32GB DDR4 @3600MHz
-1TB Samsung 970 Evo Pro M.2 + 256gb NVMe Storage
OlD MrD

Post by OlD MrD »

And just for clarity:
Hi Chris thanks for the update, Can you add to the wish list or get an answer for.

Why keyboard support was removed for console between FS17 & FS19 ?

And why support for Logitech heavy equipment side panel has been “mistakenly” left in on PS4 but not on Xbox ?

Both consoles obviously actually support both the side panel and keyboards it seems like a relatively simple thing to “turn back on” that I think would please a lot of players.

And have the added benefit of allowing some of the more obscure key combos to be easily accessible via keyboard or side panel like hazards & high beam etc

Thanks
Farming Simulator 15/17/19/22 on SeriesX & PC
Current tractor : Case IH 1455 XL
Current Map : Old Stream Farm
Thomasmounce

Post by Thomasmounce »

Plz can we have hazzard lights on console
iB055

Post by iB055 »

#hazardlightsforconsoles
FS22 / PC & PS4 Pro
DriftFarmer5305

Post by DriftFarmer5305 »

Chris, can you please ask the developers to add this? I know that holding down both bumpers and pressing down on the plus does nothing. Maybe that can be the hazard lights for controllers?
Farmertom34

Post by Farmertom34 »

I got the heavy equipment control panel and I have hazard lights on PS4
Thedebe48

Post by Thedebe48 »

DriftFarmer5305 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:10 pm Chris, can you please ask the developers to add this? I know that holding down both bumpers and pressing down on the plus does nothing. Maybe that can be the hazard lights for controllers?
I 100% agree. This would be so simple to add. Please make it happen!
garyst

Post by garyst »

Why not make it so when you put on the flasher beacons the hazards automatically come on too?
TheWittyGinger

Post by TheWittyGinger »

Or the same control for beacons except one tap is beacons only, two taps is hazards only, third is both, and 4th is back off again. Similar to changing the tip side of a trailer it just cycles through the options.
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

I agree...have the flashers active with the beacons would be nice.
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22