[FS19] Patch 1.3.0 for all Platforms

Farmer Bacon

Re: [FS19] Patch 1.3.0 for all Platforms

Post by Farmer Bacon »

O5-Chris/Lisertan, I just wondered if you guys knew if the next patch will include:

1) Keyboard support for consoles to allow use of hazard warning lights and other functions that currently can't be used.
and/or
2) Adding a control for hazard warning lights to the controllers.

The reason I ask is that many people thought that hazard warning lights (by this I mean all four indicators/turn signals and not the beacons) weren't on consoles due to performance reasons but recently there have been YouTube videos of console players using them via the Logitech side panel without any issues.
A virtual farmer. FS17 FS19 FS22 PS5
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

They just like taking functions away from us. FS17 had keyboard and mouse support on PS4 for example. And finding a key binding for hazards or high beams on DS4 is just some work... not impossible.
PS5 / FS22
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

As I've been suggesting, if they would implement Wheel Menus for quick access it would eliminate the issue with lack of keys.
You know, like other games when you hit a key and a circle pops up with options on it. One for lights would prevent players having to remember so many keys.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Post by Chaki »

Farmer Bacon wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:18 pm O5-Chris/Lisertan, I just wondered if you guys knew if the next patch will include:

1) Keyboard support for consoles to allow use of hazard warning lights and other functions that currently can't be used.
and/or
Keyboard support is currently not on our list for 1.4, sorry.
Farmer Bacon wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:18 pm2) Adding a control for hazard warning lights to the controllers.

The reason I ask is that many people thought that hazard warning lights (by this I mean all four indicators/turn signals and not the beacons) weren't on consoles due to performance reasons but recently there have been YouTube videos of console players using them via the Logitech side panel without any issues.
So, we're talking about all the lights being on and blinking which in german we call "Warnblinkanlage" which would include not just the beacons but also the blinkers going on at the same time to indicate. I am stating this because Today I Learned.
So, yes, this is an option that's doable on console, but not activated on the controller and it's something we have put into our "wishlist" already for later. It's not something we have planned for 1.4 either, but we've taken note of the Hazard Lights on PS4/Xbox one thread and i've raised it again.

And just for clarity:
What has been deactivated on consoles are reflections of said lights for performance reasons, not the use of any lights themselves.
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

O5-Chris wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:52 pm So, yes, this is an option that's doable on console, but not activated on the controller and it's something we have put into our "wishlist" already for later. It's not something we have planned for 1.4 either, but we've taken note of the Hazard Lights on PS4/Xbox one thread and i've raised it again.
As we are on it. We also have conveniently learned from MrSealyp's Logitec Side Panel videos that the vehicles actually have a high beam function (not the wide working lights, actual high beams for long distance illumination).
That would also be very very handy as it is impossible to drive over 15 mph at night since we don't see anything past a couple of meters.
PS5 / FS22
Farmer Bacon

Post by Farmer Bacon »

O5-Chris wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:52 pm
Farmer Bacon wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:18 pm O5-Chris/Lisertan, I just wondered if you guys knew if the next patch will include:

and/or
Keyboard support is currently not on our list for 1.4, sorry.
Farmer Bacon wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:18 pm2) Adding a control for hazard warning lights to the controllers.

So, we're talking about all the lights being on and blinking which in german we call "Warnblinkanlage" which would include not just the beacons but also the blinkers going on at the same time to indicate. I am stating this because Today I Learned.
So, yes, this is an option that's doable on console, but not activated on the controller and it's something we have put into our "wishlist" already for later. It's not something we have planned for 1.4 either, but we've taken note of the Hazard Lights on PS4/Xbox one thread and i've raised it again.

And just for clarity:
What has been deactivated on consoles are reflections of said lights for performance reasons, not the use of any lights themselves.
Thanks very much for the response and for raising it again. Good to hear that it's on your 'wishlist'. Thanks for the clarification as well 🙂
A virtual farmer. FS17 FS19 FS22 PS5
Guil

Post by Guil »

RODHA wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:13 pm
O5-Chris wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:52 pm So, yes, this is an option that's doable on console, but not activated on the controller and it's something we have put into our "wishlist" already for later. It's not something we have planned for 1.4 either, but we've taken note of the Hazard Lights on PS4/Xbox one thread and i've raised it again.
As we are on it. We also have conveniently learned from MrSealyp's Logitec Side Panel videos that the vehicles actually have a high beam function (not the wide working lights, actual high beams for long distance illumination).
That would also be very very handy as it is impossible to drive over 15 mph at night since we don't see anything past a couple of meters.
That depends on the tractor/truck I think. It's the next function in lights after the rear work lights.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Guil wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:42 pm
RODHA wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:13 pm
That depends on the tractor/truck I think. It's the next function in lights after the rear work lights.
I think the vehicle must have the high beam function in the first place you are right but even so, PS4 light switch cycle doesn't support it as a default. You can't access it from R1+circle combo.
For example, the D754 truck has a high beam function built in and it is the only vehicle I come across so far which that function can be accessed through the default light switch cycle of PS4 via R1+circle combo.
If Giants makes it available through R1+circle combo then the only issue would be whether the vehicle has it or not.
PS5 / FS22
Guil

Post by Guil »

I don't play on PS4 any more so I won't disagree with you. I was certain that was the case with FS17 at least but I may be wrong.
mirceast19

Post by mirceast19 »

Guil wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:15 pm
viewtopic.php?f=963&t=140422#p1132522

Any news?

I still wait. Since November or December 2018.

I hope you do not warn me that I repeat this question in April. But you always repeat 6 months ago: wait for next update, solved in next update, time for another update, driving by for an update. People are taking a holiday. Christmas? Easter? Summer, winter. Have fun! Need an update? A final update?
Guil

Post by Guil »

I have no idea what you are referring to as you linked to the mods in testing thread.
mirceast19

Post by mirceast19 »

Guil wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:09 pm I have no idea what you are referring to as you linked to the mods in testing thread.
viewtopic.php?f=985&t=145796#p1134637

Nobody had no idea. :(
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

mirceast19 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:08 pm
Guil wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:09 pm I have no idea what you are referring to as you linked to the mods in testing thread.
viewtopic.php?f=985&t=145796#p1134637

Nobody had no idea. :(
It says it'll be fixed in the next patch. Which could very well be FS21.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
xxsilentspacexx

Post by xxsilentspacexx »

I see the square baler disappearing problem on xbox has not been fixed.
FarmGirl

Post by FarmGirl »

Is there a order to install patches? I am sure I only installed the last patch and 1.3. I had a lot of problems after installing 1.5. Should I save my games and mod folder, reinstall the game and the install the 5 patches and reload my saved games?