Game Economics

Henry471

Game Economics

Post by Henry471 »

I enjoy evaluating my farm based on the economic data from the game. After looking around online, I found something called Net Farm Income From Operations, or NFIFO for short. Basically, this number tries to describe a farm’s ability to make money through its day-to-day operations and not through one-time or sporadic sales or purchases. For my farm in FS19, the following categories from the economics page fit into the NFIFO calculation: New Livestock, Sold Livestock, Vehicle Running Costs, Vehicle Leasing Costs, Property Maintenance, Property Income, Sold Wood, Sold Bales, Sold Wool, Sold Milk, Fuel Costs, Seed Costs, Fertilizer Costs, Saplings Costs, Water Costs, Harvest Income, Biogas Plant Income, Contracts Income, Wage Payments, Other, Loan Interest. Adding these categories together for each game day gives me the amount of cash generated from working the farm. The goal is to keep raising this number.
kahfs

Re: Game Economics

Post by kahfs »

Henry471, if this interests you, you might want to look into my mod FS19_RealLifeNumbers. It is a bit of a mouthful with many game parameters being reset to real-life values within a specific area/country.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
Henry471

Post by Henry471 »

That mod looks really great, kahfs! I'll give it a try. Thanks for telling me about it.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

kahfs wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 7:49 am Henry471, if this interests you, you might want to look into my mod FS19_RealLifeNumbers. It is a bit of a mouthful with many game parameters being reset to real-life values within a specific area/country.
What countries does this mod cover?
the big print giveth the small print taketh
Gibby321

Post by Gibby321 »

Where can I find that calculator?
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

BreadedVirus wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 12:50 am
kahfs wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 7:49 am Henry471, if this interests you, you might want to look into my mod FS19_RealLifeNumbers. It is a bit of a mouthful with many game parameters being reset to real-life values within a specific area/country.
What countries does this mod cover?
For the moment I have only published two versions, one with data from Germany and one with data for Heartland US. I'm working on a few improvements based on requests and feedback. Among others that the mod includes extra fruit types found on some maps. Other additions include the possibility of designing your own contract for contracting jobs. This is cool for people who wants to role play as an agricultural contracting business. Another new feature is designing lease contracts for equipment. When I have completed these new features and tested them on different maps, I'm ready to publish many different versions, covering many countries in the EU and the 12 agricultural regions of the US. But, I don't wan't to flod the FS community with lots of different versions unless I know it is working rather well. To find the mods, search with Google.
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

Gibby321 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 3:46 pm Where can I find that calculator?
The mod does a lot of calculations, but it's purpose is to reassign game parameters to values that are more realistic. Lowering sell prices and yield are just a few examples. Lowering field prices is another. So the economy changes completely. It's not for everybodies tast.
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

Henry471 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 4:01 am That mod looks really great, kahfs! I'll give it a try. Thanks for telling me about it.
Thanks Henry471. As I explain in another response below, a new version with a few extra features is being worked out at this moment. Don't hesitate to mail questions or comments, if you need some answers or have constructive ideas. My mail is inside the scripts.