Buying the game on DVD question.

Snapizoid

Buying the game on DVD question.

Post by Snapizoid »

Hello everyone.

I found the game on a sale. But it's on a hard copy DVD. It has a very good price compared to Steam. But i don't have a dvd player on my laptop.

Could i use the serial number within the box to activate the game on steam?
böserlöwe
GIANTS Software | Support Engineer

Re: Buying the game on DVD question.

Post by böserlöwe »

No, the Keys on DVD are not compatible for Steam.
If you want a game on Steam, than you have to buyed it on Steam.
Snapizoid

Post by Snapizoid »

Ok.

If i instal it on my old pc could i add the game there to my steam account or that is illegal or it wont work.
anthu

Post by anthu »

You can make a image from the dvd on your old pc.
Than copy the image on a usb stick.
Stick then in your new pc and install FS19 from the image of the stick on the pc.
Lg
Andreas
Snapizoid

Post by Snapizoid »

Ok ,thank you. I will try it.
anthu

Post by anthu »

It works.
I also have a notebook without dvd drive.
I made my image on my desktop pc and install it so.
Lg
Andreas
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

You could also buy a cheap USB 2.0 external Optical drive. I have one for my laptop and it works really well
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
SkyBurner JB

Post by SkyBurner JB »

I also have related question, as of now I'm playing FS on PS4. I bought a Lenovo ideapad 320 with 8GB of ram with Intel UHD Graphics 620, this is the onboard GPU with 1GB Adapter ram. The CPU is the Intel Core i5-8250U@1.60GHz. This is an 8th gen 4 Core, 8 Logical Processor CPU, I setup the ram to have 4096 MB dedicated to video ram with 8129 MB total available graphics memory. I also made 8GB of the SSD drive as a ram drive, so DirectX says I have 12GB of Ram plus the 4GB of Graphics Ram. All the tests I've found and ran say it will run with medium settings with a few a little higher. Now my actual question? If I get the DVD version will it have to be in the player all the time? If I get the digital version do I need to be connected to the net to run FS19? I don't like either option, I just want to install and register my copy and be done with it. Thanks Guys for any advice you give me.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

If you get the online copy you have to be connected to the internet to download/update the game, but not to play it. If you buy the physical copy you can make an ISO of it and then you could take the disk out, otherwise you’ll have to leave it there.
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Specs-
Guil

Post by Guil »

SkyBurner JB wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 8:18 am I also have related question, as of now I'm playing FS on PS4. I bought a Lenovo ideapad 320 with 8GB of ram with Intel UHD Graphics 620, this is the onboard GPU with 1GB Adapter ram. The CPU is the Intel Core i5-8250U@1.60GHz. This is an 8th gen 4 Core, 8 Logical Processor CPU, I setup the ram to have 4096 MB dedicated to video ram with 8129 MB total available graphics memory. I also made 8GB of the SSD drive as a ram drive, so DirectX says I have 12GB of Ram plus the 4GB of Graphics Ram. All the tests I've found and ran say it will run with medium settings with a few a little higher. Now my actual question? If I get the DVD version will it have to be in the player all the time? If I get the digital version do I need to be connected to the net to run FS19? I don't like either option, I just want to install and register my copy and be done with it. Thanks Guys for any advice you give me.
Don't think it's that simple as just assigning more ram to onboard GPU. It certainly won't perform anywhere near a dedicated GPU with similar vram.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

^thats true, it’s gonna be slow and potentially glitchy
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Specs-
SkyBurner JB

Post by SkyBurner JB »

Thank you for the Info Smith and Guil, that answered my question. I guess I'll go with the downloaded version because I haven't the slightest clue of how to make or what an ISO even is. Maybe I'll Google it and see if I can figure out how to make an ISO. :confusednew:

From what I've been reading I think the setup with making 4GB dedicated to the GPU with the ability to use the entire 8GB of actual ram if needed will work but not the best solution. The SSD will be the extra Ram the program can use if needed.

If not, I found a thing called the Beast that replaces the WiFi with an adapter and a flat wire to a special HDMI type connection. This wire connects to the beast which is an external card slot any GPU plugs in to, but needs an external power supply. This can just be unplugged to go mobile if needed.

I can't afford a new gaming computer so I'll have to use what I have. I have a couple of power supply's around that can power an external GPU so I only have to buy the beast and a graphic card.

Thanks again for your input guys *thumbsup*

SkyBurner
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

I don't recommend buying the beast. It plus a GPU is probably gonna be more expensive than a decent gaming laptop and you're gonna lose up to 30% of the performance compared to if it was built into the laptop or desktop. If that's all you can get, then you should get it, but it'd probably be better to save for a computer with a built-in GPU.
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Specs-
SkyBurner JB

Post by SkyBurner JB »

Thanks for the input Smith,
I've been pricing the items necessary to make my laptop good enough to run FS19, Cities Skylines and Railway Empire. It will already run American Truck Simulator. I don't need to have an ultra fast gaming computer because I don't play the kids shooter type games. Also this connector is not as fast as an internal PCI slot, something about only 2 paths compared to 4 on internal so the new high end GPU's can't benefit above a mid-range card anyway.

So this is what I've found so far.....

EXP GDC Graphics Card Dock [ also called "The Beast" ver 8.4d ] / Amazon $55.99 & FREE Shipping
Dell DA-2 N112H Dell 220 watt USFF Optiplex Power Adapter Brick / Amazon $49.99 & FREE Shipping (used one for $17)

Low/Medium range Gforce GPU's / $129 to $219

So around $325 give or take, if I use one of my old power supplies definitely under $275 but wont look as nice as the Dell DA-2.

My Laptop is only about 8 months old so I won't be replacing it any time soon $$$$.
Every laptop I've priced that's markedly better than what I have is $700 plus. Most are way above that! Up to $2,000 for top end gaming laptops.

I'm still looking at my options but this may be the only way I can swing it.

Thanks again
SkyBurner
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Just be weary buying as cheap of a converter as that. If your laptop has USB C with thunderbolt (which it probably doesn’t) I’d try to use that instead
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Specs-