Start rich or start poor?

Jaime420

Start rich or start poor?

Post by Jaime420 »

Ok personally i like to start with the money they give u and work my way up. Whould like to no on what every ones else like to do and why. Like do u cheat and get millions or do u start doin job till u can buy land and ect.
BigC92

Re: Start rich or start poor?

Post by BigC92 »

I like to start with money, so you have something to work with. I have no use for that money cheat box, just max out the loan, and go shopping.
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

I usually sell some starting stuff and start with the Money I get from that. I even sell fields if I dont Need them.

Just in one case I did not: the 11 Million Field on the farming legend map. That would have been too much (and I like to earn my trophies by myself and not just by selling starting stuff...).
PS4 und PC
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

I like to start with few fields, old equipment and all the things my farm needs. Usally play role play style, that you inherited the old farm and need to build it up, buy new and better stuff, bigger fields etc.
I use xml editing to modify the start of the game look realistic, including a loan.
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

I've done the grind on hard, working up from nothing to get to the farm I want in previous FS versions and don't have the time or inclination to do that on every map I want to try out these days so I will start out with a few million (from selling an old farm, if you like). Too much money and there's nothing to play for, too little and its just a grind (making money on any FS game is just a matter of time and patience - it takes little skill or strategy). As for the trophies, Giants roll out the same ones every version so to be honest if you achieved them in 13, 15 or 17 they are pretty meaningless.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I like to Start Poor, but with a reasonable starting fleet of the vehicles and equipment I want, start with only two or three fields, and then set myself the goal of having X Money in the Bank and owning every purchasable bit of land and field available. Then I consider that game/map done. So normally upon starting a map, I sell off all the starting equipment, use the console command to add enough money to buy the initial fleet I want, then use the console to remove all the remaining money and start from that point.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
BearClaw

Post by BearClaw »

I wish you could start with old classic equipment from 70s or 80s but a lack of that makes me start poor with small equipments.. but still, there is a lack of small equipments too
I love the smell of farming better than the profit
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Yes pleace 😁

It depends a lot on the map, but i ofthen start from scratch, else farm manager
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
cvKurt

Post by cvKurt »

I generally role play... so I setup the map to fit my storyline. Sometimes I start poor, sometimes rich.
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

If playing on PC, and planning to settle into a map, I like to sell everything and reduce my cash to only being able to afford a pickup and chainsaw. Then I'll save that game, and copy the file to a backup folder so I can restart from that level if I decide to replay the map.
I like the slow paced grind...with a little drinky-poo occasionally.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
Super T Agriculture

Post by Super T Agriculture »

I like to work my way up to the bigger stuff from virtually nothing, small fleet of basic arable equipment and half a small chicken coop.

I've just done a play through on the Old Stream map, started in farm manager mode and immediately sold everything, cheated in some government subsidy money, sold the starting farmyard/fields and equipment. I then bought the new area added on to the top of the map and placed a few buy and sell points for bales, manure and slurry, and added in a combination of four greenhouses to tick over a small amount of cash.

Bought a single Case tractor and enough tools to work the land, a small sheep pen and 10 sheep, carved out a small homestead and worked from there.

I'm on the Xbox so have no access to the xml files so I just bought and sold big money equipment until I was down to 50k'ish and worked my way back up to the main farm, BGA and half the map.

Took a while as I was running to seasons type rules and took no more than a 50k loan which I then paid off 10k a day until it was cleared.
kintino

Post by kintino »

depends on the lot of the map, small maps usually start with old equipment and I go about doing things manually.

big maps I usually sell what I do not need and I make loans to buy better equipment

a culture that worth starting is sugar cane, yes it is laborious, but with couseplay it is possible to optimize a lot. It does not need a lot of equipment or planting after the harvest, it is a crop that despite having a low sale price yields a lot and generates a lot of money.
Mellek

Post by Mellek »

I prefer starting with old equipment and little money, slowly expanding the farm, do all the work myself (no hired workers).
It gives me much more satisfaction if I earn everything.

Sometimes I sell the old equipment like ploughs or cultivators to upgrade, but I also keep some of the oldtimers like the TX combine for fun.
Turning the farm shop in my personal museum ! :lol: