modding problems

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
profarmer99

modding problems

Post by profarmer99 »

hello everyone,

I Play Farming Simulator 2019 for a couple of months now, but I want to create my own mods. in the early Farming Simulators it was easy to change the colors in the colorfiles and decals for mods, but in FS 19 this way is impossible, you can't change the colors in the Diffuse file. Is there any other (easy) way to change colors and decals of the mods?? I hope there is an easy way, so I can make my mods just I was normally doing. after all, I hope someone can help me

Mark
da-hoffi

Re: modding problems

Post by da-hoffi »

Due to new texture system this is not that easy anymore (unless for decals, no diffuse texture is used anymore)

a) if a mod already has color choice, it's easy to change color by altering the colorMat value in customShader section in GE or XML
b) if a mod has a fixed color, you firsts have to import model to Blender/Maya and change the coordinates of UV-map
b*) if it's a default vehicle/tool, merged Meshes might get lost when importing to Blender/Maya....hence a lot more effort to get it back working
profarmer99

Post by profarmer99 »

ok thanks, but in the GE you need some color codes, where can I find a list of al colorcodes??
da-hoffi

Post by da-hoffi »

Could be there is something in sdk folder (DVD or installation folder).

But anyway...this should be better: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t8zfvmtv4lug4 ... .xlsx?dl=0