Logging and loading on consoles

Deform22

Logging and loading on consoles

Post by Deform22 »

What method do you use to load logs fast and easily? Its a real pain in the ass to use frontloaders and forvarders because its so slow. I am atm doing wood chips from all trees because of that. Just take wood chipper, scorpion king, cut lenght 1meter and cut the trees straight to te chipper! Doing this until some one makes a proper processor for consoles 🤪👍🏻
Last edited by Deform22 on Wed May 08, 2019 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Saom

Re: Logging and loading on consoles

Post by Saom »

I'm using a Telehandler and the manurefork. It takes two (sometimes three) logs,so it's still time-consuming.
PS4, Norway.
Elmcreek and No Mans Land.
A2Z-Forestry

Post by A2Z-Forestry »

I use a wheel loader and the log grapple for the wheel loader. The grapple is a bit funky though sometimes I have to clamp them then loosen the grip a bit in order for it to squeeze more and keep the logs in and steady but I’m usually grabbing 4-5 sometimes 6 logs per time and I also always cut to trees up high to pile my logs against so when I’m grabbing them I can push into the pile without them rolling away
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

Bag'n Lifter.

And with a Little Research you could've find some other threads with that Topic...
PS4 und PC
eight_lugs

Post by eight_lugs »

Patience
Logger 34

Post by Logger 34 »

I use the crane I've gotten pretty fast with it I load that way all the time I have videos on it on you tube my channel is metric gaming . There is really no wrong way of logging every buddy has their own way of logging it's good to hear how every buddy logs.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

I cut appropriate length logs, lay them out then use a skid steer to load into the kesla logging trailer.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Old-an-Slow

Post by Old-an-Slow »

eight_lugs wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 3:00 pm Patience
QFT

I have best results with manure grab on frontloader or telehandler. There's a mod log grab a Biobeltz I think? Has a pair of grab tines that looks promising but haven't used it yet.
Farming on PS5
Cad_dao

Post by Cad_dao »

Hi,

I'm using the JD 1470G harvester and backing up the JD 1910G forwarder at the tip of cutting head. Then adjust the log lenght and start cutting the tree. Then repeat the process with another tree until the JD 1910G is full then strap up the load and deliver it to the mill. With a bit of practice, it does logging pretty fast.

Regards!
FS 17 & 19 on XBOX one
Ghostlycandle28

Post by Ghostlycandle28 »

I find a trailer without crossbars like the Fliegle. Cut the logs straight off the Scorpion at whatever length you can, the longer the better, top up with short lengths, go to the sawmill and just hit the sell button. You usually don't need to strap or unload the trailer. The proper logging trailers I find are slow to load.
FS17 FS19 Xbox one X
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

Unfortunately, that is how it's usually done. One load at a time. Even a large wheel loader isn't going to pick up more than a few logs at a time. Sure, it is slow, but that's how it actually is. A good loader operator can make quick work of loading a truck/trailer though. I don't know, don't consoles have some auto load log trailers? Or was that FS17?
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Nope consoles have never had log autoloaders sadly. We’ve had a couple bale autoloaders but never any log ones.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer