Giants island 09

Konnork98

Giants island 09

Post by Konnork98 »

I may have missed the discussion but I haven’t seen one about this map yet. So let’s hear it, who’s playing on this map? What’s good about it? What’s bad about it? For me the biggest plus is slot count (for us console people) and biggest downside is limited sell points. Thoughts anyone?
redglasses

Re: Giants island 09

Post by redglasses »

I think for people who played fs09 it’s for nostalgia. I haven’t download the map because I tried it in fs17 and didn’t get into it. It is a nice big open map though, good for large equipment.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
MIB

Post by MIB »

nice map but miss the BGA part
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

No sawmill or forests is the main drawback for me... Suppose with all those slots I could build a sawmill with a placeable chipper to sell logs and a heating plant to sell woodchips, terraform a decent mountain then go and buy a few truckloads of treepallets and plant a forest.
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
Tylercheesey1986

Doesn't it have a bga either??
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
50-120 head.
KWW92374

Post by KWW92374 »

I like it,didn't play it on fs17,had to many other maps going.I did look at it on fs17 but it didn't work well for me but play it now and having ablast...pluses slot count and download is low to.you can get rid of most buildings to really start from scratch..it's fun to me.negitives....only one for me....when you play scratch as I do......I delete the silos...a hole were the grate is...was...now is a hole the terrarium tool doesn't work.so that's my thoughts on it.take care all thank you for the modeler that made it work in fs19.
RogsR35UK

Post by RogsR35UK »

Other than a large dip in the ground at the start it seems a reasonable map. A plus is the fact it seems relatively small compared to other maps.
Deutz man 555

Post by Deutz man 555 »

Fs17 version was far better more detailed and didnt look like a cartoon. Fs19 has gone way backwards and just looks like the 09 version ported over
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I preferred the version of the map that came to the ModHub in February from another author that had updated it to FS19 Standards and added in the missing features like the BGA and other stuff. I have no idea why Giants have now removed that version from the ModHub and instead post a far inferior version of the map from another author. Bring back the February version of the map please Giants.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

cwattyeso wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 4:57 pm I preferred the version of the map that came to the ModHub in February from another author that had updated it to FS19 Standards and added in the missing features like the BGA and other stuff. I have no idea why Giants have now removed that version from the ModHub and instead post a far inferior version of the map from another author. Bring back the February version of the map please Giants.
The "another author" is the original map maker Fullpowershift.
The map you refer to was made from XaaD, but he used some stuff from the map of Fullpowershift without his permission.
Fullpowershift claimed that and Giants had to remove it as per their guidelines.
Discussion can be found here in the german forum:

viewtopic.php?f=955&t=146170
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Okay I read that discussion as best I could with Google Translating the pages of text, and to be honest I'm kinda going to take the side of XaaD here. Fullpowershift made a conversion of the map for FS17, the map was originally created by Giants for the Farming Simulator Series. XaaD updated converted and updated the map to FS19 standards, added the new lighting, shaders, textures, plus added in new sell points, the missing BGA, changed the terrain and added in Forestry Areas that were missing from the original map. I would argue he has done enough changes and modifications to make his map trans-formative. For Fullpowershift to turn round and say he has stolen their map, which originally belonged to Giants anyway is bit of a stretch. I did a video review of both maps recently on my YouTube channel and well frankly put the Fullpowershift map is a joke and Giants putting that out their on the ModHub is laughable. It looks like a map from a 2009 Game. Giants should have rejected Fullpowershifts map submission for not meeting the requirements of FS19.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Fullpowershift

Post by Fullpowershift »

Hello all, I gave an answer on the german topic.

@cwattyeso: BGA, forestry areas, animals husbandrys (pigs, chicken and sheeps), SPlines, field definitions... was things I invented for FS17 version. Excuse me, but XaaD don't invented anything on his '19 version, but I'm respecting the job he did. But I left you read all my point of view on german topic ;)

viewtopic.php?f=955&t=146170&p=1141062#p1141062
PC since LS2008!
LS2008 - LS2009+GoldEdition - FS2011+3DLCs+ProFarm - FS13+DLCs - FS15+DLCs -FS17+DLCs+StrawAddon - FS19+Premium Edition - FS22 Year 1 Bundle
RogsR35UK

Post by RogsR35UK »

I am not a fan of those “curvy” trees as they are not the easiest to get rid off (Oh for that stump grinder from FS17 that would “delete” trees). I have apparently cut down 140 trees on the map, most of which have been pushed into the sea, down a cliff or onto land I don’t own! I now have plenty of room to adjust fields to a more regular shape!
Fullpowershift

Post by Fullpowershift »

RogsR35UK wrote: I am not a fan of those “curvy” trees as they are not the easiest to get rid off (Oh for that stump grinder from FS17 that would “delete” trees).
Sorry, but these are standard mapleTrees from FS19! I agree with you that didn't grown straight since FS2009 been released :zunge:

RogsR35UK wrote: I have apparently cut down 140 trees on the map, most of which have been pushed into the sea, down a cliff or onto land I don’t own!
But I think you would better send (at the port, under the crane) those trees instead of push them into the sea... your FPS rate should prefer too!

RogsR35UK wrote: I now have plenty of room to adjust fields to a more regular shape!
Also thanks to placeable windturbines and small shed... That's what I'm calling a fully "modular map" :smileynew:
PC since LS2008!
LS2008 - LS2009+GoldEdition - FS2011+3DLCs+ProFarm - FS13+DLCs - FS15+DLCs -FS17+DLCs+StrawAddon - FS19+Premium Edition - FS22 Year 1 Bundle
Tylercheesey1986

Nice map fullpowershift, love the low slot count, even keeping all original starting buildings and vehicles it still leaves plenty of slots for customization. spend bout 50hrs on your 17 version, Hope to get more time on this new take on island. Good job mate!
50-120 head.