Trying out FS19 for the first time (again)

fenixguy

Trying out FS19 for the first time (again)

Post by fenixguy »

After feeling let down at the release of FS19 (console version), I just recently fired it back up and I'm already deep in the proverbial rabbit hole. Here are my thoughts:

The amount of mods available only 6 months since release is amazing. Lots of excellent maps (I'm currently playing on New Woodshire and loving it). Some really nice trucks/tractors/equipment. Much more than I remember 19 having at this point in it's lifespan.

There have been some improvements since I played last. The game isn't crashing and I'm not seeing as many bugs as I did in November. Sounds seem to still be weird but not distracting from gameplay. I'm so glad they fixed the Great Plains PLANTER finally! The Anderson DLC is the bomb. Seriously. Two 24 round bale autostackers are such a welcome addition so I could quit using that Ursus thing. The inline wrappers are fun to use as well. That's almost all I've done since starting the game back on Friday (5/10).

I believe the main reason I didn't want to play originally was the lack of a good map to play on. I finally feel interested in trying out the new features of the game. Might even buy a horse. :lol:

I do have a question though (and realize I'm about to stir up a hornet's nest), but where are all the John Deere mods that everyone said Giants' license was holding back from FS17? I figured the modhub would be full of JD stuff. I've been away from the game and the forums for a while. Is there a reason that I'm unaware of? I'm not a JD fanboy at all, it's just curious to me.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
eric21

Re: Trying out FS19 for the first time (again)

Post by eric21 »

You can say wheres the New Holland mods or Case mods? Theres 3 already on modub and a few more to come still
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I could say that, but like you said there are already several New Holland and Case mods available (most from day one). There are no JD tractor mods available for console at the time of this writing. I only figured that would be a very popular item for modders to make for 19.

I guess I was being a bit facetious with that last paragraph. I just remember from the FS17 days how the opinion of the forum was if only Giants got a JD license all our JD-mod problems would be over. It doesn't seem that way. I was asking in case there was a reason no one wanted to make them. Honestly I'm more than fine with the equipment I have at the moment. The amount of good trucks alone is astonishing to me this early. It took almost a year to get a hooklift truck on console last time. Now there's already three (I think).

Anyways, I'm once again hooked in to FS. I'm really looking forward to seasons and Lone Oak Farm (hopefully in that order).
garyst

Post by garyst »

Jhhg modding said on their Facebook that they submitted a JD 8000r series pack and JD sts combine pack for testing for consoles. Hopefully they will pass.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

^^^Nice! I just had a look at their FB page. They've got some really nice models for sure.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

There's a chap, Larslego, working on a JD 3050 in the WIP section on here. He's going to try and get it on to console, no promises though obviously.
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

Drmattymd wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 8:53 pm I said from the beginning, having the license would make JD mods possible but not guaranteed. I feel like a lot of the modders that make quality mods, simply arent bothered about making them for console. JHHG does seem like they are trying but honestly, I see A LOT of controversy with them on Facebook. A bunch of modders claim that JHHG "steals" their mods and rework them without giving credit to the original modder/s. Just throwing that out there
I have the same feeling. Modders aren't making as many console mods this time around, and I don't think as innovative either. As for the controversy, couldn't it also be that people are trying to degrade them or jealousy? Just something to consider. I don't know one way or the other. Only just heard about that mod team in this topic.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Drmattymd wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 8:53 pm I said from the beginning, having the license would make JD mods possible but not guaranteed. I feel like a lot of the modders that make quality mods, simply arent bothered about making them for console. JHHG does seem like they are trying but honestly, I see A LOT of controversy with them on Facebook. A bunch of modders claim that JHHG "steals" their mods and rework them without giving credit to the original modder/s. Just throwing that out there
It's the other way round and They caught him, it wasnt even a modder it was one of their supporters who uploaded a beta version on another modding site with thier permission
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

I've just found it incredibly hard to play for any meaningful amount of time without seasons.
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

I think the problem with mods at the moment are:
1. Mods will not pass the Giants testing, because they have bugs. More than half of the mods that are not in Giants modhub are full of bugs or they are half-done.
2. Modders does not allow to use they textures/previous mods to allow users to make new/better ones, so everybody needs to make from scratch.
3. Modders are releasing half-baked mods
4. Modders not making enough John Deere stuff :lol:
eric21

Post by eric21 »

If you like John Deere mods then I dont think you will be waiting for long ;)
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Addictedtofs wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 1:37 am I've just found it incredibly hard to play for any meaningful amount of time without seasons.
Same. I'm hoping it's out soon. I'm just playing around on New Woodshire to try out all the new equipment and crops before I really dive into a map with seasons.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

So it looks like I really did pick the perfect time to get back in to FS. I just saw the CSZ pack was released today. I hope the tools still have their own camera view. That was the handiest tool kit ever.