Seasons 19 WIP Updates (PC release 24/07)

chuckGnades

Re: Seasons 19 WIP Updates (Unknown Release Date)

Post by chuckGnades »

IMO, this is the single most important mod for this game, aside from my 8400R :). I was wondering if you guys have worked with any of the map authors in regards to giving them a way to pre prepare their maps for seasons, or will they not be able to start until the mod is actually released? In 17 it took a while for the seasons ready maps to be available.
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

[quote=Rahkiin Will animals die?
[/quote]

If you don't give them food or water, yes. It is quite cruel to underfeed them.
[/quote]

But not from age?

And an another question regarding multiple seasons, will food get old? Or is it still possible to feed 10 year old silage?
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

We are still refining animals.

No, food does not get old. There are limits in the game that makes it very hard to add attributes to things like that.
Thomheggi

Post by Thomheggi »

Will there be opening hours in the shop? Maybe 8-19 in the weekdays. 10-15 on saturday and shop closed on sundays?
With opening hours we will have to do more planning and make the game more realistic.
Guil

Post by Guil »

I look me the idea of shop opening hours.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

A couple of the map makers added this in on fs17. Sussex farm was one, I think one of the sell points had opening hours too. It was a nice addition.
Thomheggi

Post by Thomheggi »

Good idea to also have opening hours at the sell points like BGA etc. The prices can be freezed when the sell point has closed. And ig you have invested in lime or fertiliser storage at your farm you can always have access to this. If you always buy at the shop you need to plan your shopping.
PlatinumTurbo

Post by PlatinumTurbo »

Is seasons changing the wearing out of equipment at all? Specifically how long it takes for your plow to become useless just because you're working a large field
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

PlatinumTurbo wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 10:03 pm Is seasons changing the wearing out of equipment at all? Specifically how long it takes for your plow to become useless just because you're working a large field
Yes, seasons will change the equipment wear mechanics. I'm unsure as to what you mean about a plow though? If you're talking about bottoms/ Chisels and knives/blades then I'm unsure.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

The closing times of certain buildings would be awesome indeed the only thing that would be hard is that technically one day even with seasons in the equivalent of a large segment of time although we do still have night time so I guess it would still work, I’d definitely be on board with adding it
Willy_Wx21

Post by Willy_Wx21 »

This is a strange question and many people will not care, but is there any way to lower the cloud bases? In the current form, it looks like they are producing precipitation from mid-level clouds with no vertical development (another area for improvement, hopefully in FS21).

I say this because I loved the gloomy feeling when it was overcast and slightly foggy during snow or rain in FS17.
CMDRTAKEDOWN

Post by CMDRTAKEDOWN »

Thomheggi wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 12:44 pm Will there be opening hours in the shop? Maybe 8-19 in the weekdays. 10-15 on saturday and shop closed on sundays?
With opening hours we will have to do more planning and make the game more realistic.
All of my map have this. And speed up time x120 during brake times. To represent the time lost. 6am-7pm everyday
9.30-9.40am morning brake
12.00-1.00pm Lunch
2.30-2.40pm Afternoon brake
4.30-4.40pm Afternoon brake
Otherwise your just a slave driver.
PS4
PS5
CMDRTAKEDOWN

Post by CMDRTAKEDOWN »

I know you have said that skipping a season isn't possible. What about adding 20hrs to the skip night feature? And that way once the animals are feed/ride horses and only have a small amount to FF till the next skip night.
PS4
PS5
Bcousins10626

Post by Bcousins10626 »

Will the weather such as too much rain or too much sun have an impact how the crops grow or effect the yield? In real life not every harvest is great due to either flooded crops or droughts. Just curious
Jonny3355

Post by Jonny3355 »

will it rain so much certan areas flood
Xbox one