Hunter Farm

dapals51

Hunter Farm

Post by dapals51 »

Just watched a video on Hunter Farm (in testing for PC) looks like what I would call a traditional Midwest USA map! Hope it makes it to console. Any info about it?
XBOX one player
Farmer in the midwest USA

MOD HUB OR DIE!!
AgPro Farms

Re: Hunter Farm

Post by AgPro Farms »

I'll have to check out that video. It might make it to console, but so far consoles haven't had much luck in 19 with U.S. maps (I think Woodshire is considered US). Of course, if Hunter is a 4X map, then it def. won't hit consoles. Will jist have to keep fingers crossed I suppose.
AgPro Farms
PS4 User
Mississippi, USA
FarmerChris#2
Boardurlaub/Boardholidays

Post by FarmerChris#2 »

AgPro Farms wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:09 pm I'll have to check out that video. It might make it to console, but so far consoles haven't had much luck in 19 with U.S. maps (I think Woodshire is considered US). Of course, if Hunter is a 4X map, then it def. won't hit consoles. Will jist have to keep fingers crossed I suppose.

What does “a 4X map” mean ?

TIA
dapals51

Post by dapals51 »

FarmerChris#2 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 9:38 pm
AgPro Farms wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:09 pm I'll have to check out that video. It might make it to console, but so far consoles haven't had much luck in 19 with U.S. maps (I think Woodshire is considered US). Of course, if Hunter is a 4X map, then it def. won't hit consoles. Will jist have to keep fingers crossed I suppose.

What does “a 4X map” mean ?

TIA
4X means it's a larger scale, console cannot support those maps. However I will point out that Welker original was a 4k map that was shrunk/cut to fit for console in 17. (Please correct if I'm wrong) I could use a good USA map.
XBOX one player

MOD HUB OR DIE!!
GenXFarmer

Post by GenXFarmer »

4x is twice as large as standard map.
Oh, I’m sorry, I thought this was America.
FarmerChris#2
Boardurlaub/Boardholidays

Post by FarmerChris#2 »

Thanks guys 👍
BoxTunnel

Post by BoxTunnel »

Just watched some of the the youtube vid (had to stop because I can't listen to that music without my ears hurting!) and it's probably me misunderstanding, but does it actually say its a 4x map? As I understood it it was a youtube video in 4k which is a TV resolution kind of thing. I am, however very old, have never had an iPhone, have no idea who the hell "Alexa" is and even less idea why people would ask her/it questions!

Looks like a good map though.
Eische

Post by Eische »

GenXFarmer wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 9:57 pm 4x is twice as large as standard map.
Actually 4x means 4 times as large as a standard map, if we talk about area.
While a standard map is 2km x 2km wide, a 4x map has 4km x 4km. So yes, the edges are twice as long, but the area is 4 times as large.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
GenXFarmer

Post by GenXFarmer »

Twice the length from end to end is what I was referring to, agree on four times the area.
Oh, I’m sorry, I thought this was America.
Bobbydj1980

Post by Bobbydj1980 »

Hopefully it will make it to consoles I like the big open American maps
Love farming simulator I play on the Xbox series x orangebeach Alabama
Guil

Post by Guil »

BoxTunnel wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:23 pm Just watched some of the the youtube vid (had to stop because I can't listen to that music without my ears hurting!) and it's probably me misunderstanding, but does it actually say its a 4x map? As I understood it it was a youtube video in 4k which is a TV resolution kind of thing. I am, however very old, have never had an iPhone, have no idea who the hell "Alexa" is and even less idea why people would ask her/it questions!

Looks like a good map though.
I think someone was just playing devils advocate about some reasons it may not come to console.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

We still haven’t confirmed that 4x won’t make it to consoles for fs19. They could very well be able to make it to console, the only reason we haven’t got any in fs17 was because of two random errors that couldn’t be solved, fs19 might not have those errors.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

redglasses wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:06 pm We still haven’t confirmed that 4x won’t make it to consoles for fs19. They could very well be able to make it to console, the only reason we haven’t got any in fs17 was because of two random errors that couldn’t be solved, fs19 might not have those errors.
I think it was rattlesnake valley they tried very hard to bring to console but we're unable due to the errors.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Ya that was for 17, that could have changed now, I really hope someone tries to get a 4x to console, that would be very cool. Although might not be worth playing due to extremely limited slots.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
dapals51

Post by dapals51 »

But can someone confirm for me that Welker was originally a 4 k map? I believe I saw that?
XBOX one player

MOD HUB OR DIE!!