Realism

OOWAR!!

Realism

Post by OOWAR!! »

What's the realism like on FM 19?
Is the DLC available for realistic driving where vehicles find it harder to plow etc Weather stops work etc?
is the season mod available with regional differences, also with prices expected throughout the year?
Are animals able to eat grass or drink from water sources in the fields instead of needing to cut it and put into the trough for them?
Trees:- are all trees harvested or just a few, are bushes able to be cut?
Pests, Diseases are these introduced with a way of controlling them?
Organic:- Can we Organically farm with prices to match?
AI Cars are the drivers as dumb, do you bounce off them like a pinball in FM 19?
Hand tools, can we use Shovels, Forks and brooms essential tools in most farms?
PC.
X BOX CONTROLLER
Goose66

Re: Realism

Post by Goose66 »

Seasons isn't out yet. Be later this year.
Need to feed and water animals yourself.
Most tress are harvestable. Bushes on a couple of maps can be removed
No diseases or pests
Organic is slurry and manure or oilseed radish.
AI cars still slow
No hand tools.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
OOWAR!!

Post by OOWAR!! »

Goose66 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 4:13 pm Seasons isn't out yet. Be later this year.
Need to feed and water animals yourself.
Most tress are harvestable. Bushes on a couple of maps can be removed
No diseases or pests
Organic is slurry and manure or oilseed radish.
AI cars still slow
No hand tools.
So you need to buy all the equipment and then mix it to feed them, even if they are in grass fields with a pond?
Do we get the different sexes with animals, do they start as lambs and then age?
Will they be sell-able as meat?
PC.
X BOX CONTROLLER
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

Yes but there are production mixers out now for PC.
No sexes and no lambs.
There is a mod called cattle breeds that changes the manure slurry milk breeding outputs. Great mod.
You can breed and sell them but no meat sales until the factory mods come out
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
Jonny3355

Post by Jonny3355 »

OOWAR!! wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:55 pm What's the realism like on FM 19?
Is the DLC available for realistic driving where vehicles find it harder to plow etc Weather stops work etc?
is the season mod available with regional differences, also with prices expected throughout the year?
Are animals able to eat grass or drink from water sources in the fields instead of needing to cut it and put into the trough for them?
AI Cars are the drivers as dumb, do you bounce off them like a pinball in FM 19?
Ur expectations at way to high
Xbox one
dapals51

Post by dapals51 »

It will never be 100% realism, until your life is on the line financially, stuff breaks down randomly, markets be affected by out side sources. It won't be real. It is however a great pass time that shows what makes farming great though!

Oh forgot to add. Mother Nature always wins in the end haha
XBOX one player
Farmer in the midwest USA

MOD HUB OR DIE!!
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

Jonny3355 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 10:20 pm
OOWAR!! wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:55 pm What's the realism like on FM 19?
Ur expectations at way to high
Actually, a large majority are probably achievable with mods. It's just a matter of if someone bothers to do so. Also, he's just asking a question. Likely he hasn't purchased the game yet, and is looking for some information so he can make an informed decision as to whether or not he wants to buy the game. He's just another consumer like you. Besides, it's much better to ask questions now than to make idle assumptions and be disappointed.

To the OP:
I believe there are mods for some of these things. In the base game though, animals have to be fed from the trough. I believe the seasons mod will change that.
All trees can be harvested, just not all with a tree harvester. I don't believe bushes can be cut, but they may be able to be deleted.
Weeds are implemented. Weeds can affect crops and must be eliminated with herbicide and weeders to maintain good yields.
You can farm organically, but there is no change to prices of commodities because of it. It's Just there for show more or less.
The driver AI is poor. If you've played past versions of the game, it's no different. They creep along at a pace so slow that most tractors can pass them.
The only hand tools that can be used in the base game are chainsaws.

Again, there are some mods that could easily change the answers to these questions depending on what exactly you're looking for. The answers above are just quick kind of thrown together answers as I'm in a bit of a hurry.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
Procobator

Post by Procobator »

I wont sugar coat it because I’m impartial to 19. Pretty much everything you mentioned is not in the base game and very little is in mods currently. Giants changed a lot of the scripting and made it very difficult to modify the vehicle characteristics such as physics and mechanical properties.
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

I've kinda wanted to make a thread like this forever, but it would only be sarcasm on my part.. Its quite far from realistic as of yet imo, without mods. All the things op mentions would've been great but I suspect Giants of holding back a bit to not make it too complicated for the average sunday afternoon player. I wish they would make an expansion like that tho, with even more variables and diverse tools, more planning needed and attention to details. I guess its not for everyone but i would even like to see stuff outside of the pure farming like showcasing produce at local food markets, buying implements at auctions, heck having "real life" appointments to break up the day. All to get more challenges/obstacles, make it less arcade i guess. Hah too much for a game?
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

It's a video game. It's as realistic as you want it to be with a little imagination.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

Other farming 'simulators' are available that take things a bit more seriously if you are that way inclined.
Stanko206

Post by Stanko206 »

Beware what you asking for. Wonder how long would you play on 100% realism. Prices in real arent such fantastic. If you worked hard for whole year and lost all in a day or had to sell it much below production cost.
With seasons this will be best available sim and as mentioned above it can be as realistic as you want. None developer will create a product for a such small hardcore players group.
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

Stanko206 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 5:03 pm Beware what you asking for. Wonder how long would you play on 100% realism. Prices in real arent such fantastic. If you worked hard for whole year and lost all in a day or had to sell it much below production cost.
With seasons this will be best available sim and as mentioned above it can be as realistic as you want. None developer will create a product for a such small hardcore players group.
People love to make this point when the topic of realism comes up. I think people overexaggerate what he's looking for. More realistic features is a great idea I think. Obviously he doesn't want his livelihood hanging in the hands of mother nature. That isn't what he's asking though. Just because I play Arma 3 doesn't mean I would ever want to go to war and get shot at. I just like the more realistic feel to it.

Just because a person asks for more realism to a game doesn't mean they want real life. There is a difference between the two. If he wanted to farm in real life he would've attempted it surely.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
dapals51

Post by dapals51 »

Deadeye wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 1:05 am
Stanko206 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 5:03 pm Beware what you asking for. Wonder how long would you play on 100% realism. Prices in real arent such fantastic. If you worked hard for whole year and lost all in a day or had to sell it much below production cost.
People love to make this point when the topic of realism comes up. I think people overexaggerate what he's looking for. More realistic features is a great idea I think. Obviously he doesn't want his livelihood hanging in the hands of mother nature. That isn't what he's asking though. Just because I play Arma 3 doesn't mean I would ever want to go to war and get shot at. I just like the more realistic feel to it.

Just because a person asks for more realism to a game doesn't mean they want real life. There is a difference between the two. If he wanted to farm in real life he would've attempted it surely.
You have a point Deadeye, but coming from the real thing, it feels like Giant does a good job of pleasing the middle especially once seasons is available. I don’t see what else you could add. Do youre chores in the morning maybe have to go back and check on sick ones?, maybe have messages like the old Oregon trail “you died of dysentery ” pop up but instead say, “you’re hogs have African swine flu spend the day treating them or they die” haha. Or “worker broke part **** on ****, Dealer is closed, part won’t be available to tomorrow shut down for the day.” Then to think what on top of it you could add? With all the different regions I feel Giant does a decent job hitting the middle ground to please everyone with out making it too choppy. We will always want more for own personally liking I myself especially as I’m one always looking for mor USA equipment.
XBOX one player
Farmer in the midwest USA

MOD HUB OR DIE!!
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

dapals51 wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 4:14 am
Deadeye wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 1:05 am

You have a point Deadeye, but coming from the real thing, it feels like Giant does a good job of pleasing the middle especially once seasons is available. I don’t see what else you could add. Do youre chores in the morning maybe have to go back and check on sick ones?, maybe have messages like the old Oregon trail “you died of dysentery ” pop up but instead say, “you’re hogs have African swine flu spend the day treating them or they die” haha. Or “worker broke part **** on ****, Dealer is closed, part won’t be available to tomorrow shut down for the day.” Then to think what on top of it you could add? With all the different regions I feel Giant does a decent job hitting the middle ground to please everyone with out making it too choppy. We will always want more for own personally liking I myself especially as I’m one always looking for mor USA equipment.

At the same time though, if someone wants more, shouldn't they be able to have it? Seasons does change this realism issue drastically, but that's modders, so I give them the credit instead of GIANTS. It's not even that GIANTS does a lousy job. It's just that they have what seem to me like a lot of half-baked ideas for realism. Sort of like they throw in a few crumbs and call it good. I'm not expecting an ultra-realistic game that isn't even enjoyable to play. I would like to see some things expanded on though. Again, seasons remedies this to a very large extent. I just don't think it should be up to modders to make the game realistic. If you really dig into my previous posts, I've posted many times about the idea of having all of these "Realism" elements as options in the menu to cater to most people.