Should I try and make a map?

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Wadamatic

Should I try and make a map?

Post by Wadamatic »

Hey all, I hope everyone is having a wonderful day. I am a recent farming simulator enthusiast, playing probably less than 50 hours in FS17, but FS19 has it's digs in me and I can't get enough. I still have a ton to learn in the game but I have had an itch to create a map of a local farm near me and the surrounding area. (As I am sure a ton of other people have had in the past.)

I'm a console pleb, playing on Xbox One and I understand the approval process through ModHub can be daunting. I also have no experience in modding or map making so the task itself seems overwhelming. I am a father of 3 and my life is more than busy; however, I still make time to get some farming in usually at night.

I'm just asking to those who are more experienced and have been there before, Is it as difficult as it seems? I would absolutely love to make a local farm and share it with the world.

Thanks in advance for your replys!
Goose66

Re: Should I try and make a map?

Post by Goose66 »

You'll need a PC and Giants editor to start with. Think there are quite a few tutorials you can look at. Good luck !
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
Wadamatic

Post by Wadamatic »

Goose66 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 6:01 pm You'll need a PC and Giants editor to start with. Think there are quite a few tutorials you can look at. Good luck !
I have a rig more than capable of handling the editor, I just have friends that I prefer to play with on the console. Just really not sure if it's something that I can accomplish being as busy as I am.
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

Yeah it's not a quick job. Can take months and of course even harder with limited time
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
Wadamatic

Post by Wadamatic »

Goose66 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:50 pm Yeah it's not a quick job. Can take months and of course even harder with limited time
Thanks for the reply Goose, I'll probably just stick to raising chickens and farming on xbox when i can lol