Ground modification and placeables

TimmyTheSnail

Ground modification and placeables

Post by TimmyTheSnail »

So a hedge mod just got released on the modhub and I thought yes this is great, I can add a hedgerow down the edge of a track I created in a field on Marwell manor. So I place the first one, everything is good, I go to place the second one and I can’t place it so it’s touches the first one. I then realise when placing the hedge, the game has “auto levelled” the ground like when you place buildings. So obviously this is a problem because I ended up with a hedge that I managed to get touching perfectly by starting at the other end of the field, but because the field was sloping, one end of my hedge was about 30ft down in the ground and the track I had previously created was bumpier than the roads in Britain, even after using the smooth tool. So I think Giants need to add a 3rd element to placeables and that is being able to tilt the object, so if you are placing something on sloped ground, you can adjust your object to that, rather than the game wanting to make everything perfectly level all the time. Another point being you should be able to enable/disable the “auto level ground” feature because a lot of the time I find it to be more of a hinderance than not. Also the fact you can’t raise or lower the ground if you’re too near an object also needs to be changed in my opinion. If you have a gate or fence for example and one post is out of the ground but the other is as low as it can be then you should be able to modify the ground under the fence/object. The same with buildings, I find the auto level ground is far too steep when going up to a shed, but I can’t get the smooth tool close enough to the building to fix the ground because the game doesn’t allow it. Yes this is long and there’s still more things I wish I could cover but if anyone has any tips that would be great. Thanks
duncan_101

Re: Ground modification and placeables

Post by duncan_101 »

That would be a nice addition... Same with the fences or other features
Happly farming in Fryslan.
On an Asus RoG laptop.
Bobbydj1980

Post by Bobbydj1980 »

I have the same complaint with buildings it's aggravating with the ground near buildings after you place them
Love farming simulator I play on the Xbox series x orangebeach Alabama
Stevo0114

Post by Stevo0114 »

I agree I'm sure this is the most pressing problem in the game I started on the old farm countryside with no buildings at all so I went to the farmyard area starting to build my farm and problem! Terrain cannot be deformed here message coming up constantly it's so frustrating I mean I'm sure Giants said you can build your farm as you like! Farm like never before I know it's a modded map but have had just as many problems on the in game maps. I don't know what the problem is but could really do with Giants updating the landscaping tool with one option to clear ground ready for building and a go back for when you make mistakes trying to level out ground. I think the landscaping tool is a great addition but just needs a little work as can be difficult to get rid of bumps and gradients without have to quit and reload game. So if your listening Giants thanks for all so far! the game is great just need a few tweaks here and there.
Love FS fav tractor Case I h. FS 19 has caught up and is now for me better than fs17
Playing on xbox one x, Thanks to Giants and all modders who make the game great.
Love this community so thanks guys
TimmyTheSnail

Post by TimmyTheSnail »

Stevo0114 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:08 am I agree I'm sure this is the most pressing problem in the game I started on the old farm countryside with no buildings at all so I went to the farmyard area starting to build my farm and problem! Terrain cannot be deformed here message coming up constantly it's so frustrating I mean I'm sure Giants said you can build your farm as you like! Farm like never before I know it's a modded map but have had just as many problems on the in game maps. I don't know what the problem is but could really do with Giants updating the landscaping tool with one option to clear ground ready for building and a go back for when you make mistakes trying to level out ground. I think the landscaping tool is a great addition but just needs a little work as can be difficult to get rid of bumps and gradients without have to quit and reload game. So if your listening Giants thanks for all so far! the game is great just need a few tweaks here and there.

I completely agree. I’d rather have the feature than not because it is useful, but like you said it does need tweaking in certain areas just to make it a finished product
AgPro Farms

Post by AgPro Farms »

I've ran into a bit of an issue with landscaping recently as well. I may be doing something wrong, though. I started on Ravenport with my farm in the SE corner where you originally spawn. As my operation expanded, I thought it best to relocate. I chose field 9 to build my new farm. I spent a good bit of time and got it looking the way I wanted with a substantial amount of work. The problem I now have since I've relocated all of my equipment is that even though I have gravel in many areas, I can can't move my equipment around the yard without it getting filthy. Even when I wash my equipment after harvest or planting for example, it's nasty again by the time I get to the shed. Also, many place places have my equipment with a look like it's floating just a little off the ground. It's not due to uneven terrain either. Did I do something wrong? I've invested too much time and effort to restart, just wondering for future reference.
AgPro Farms
PS4 User
Mississippi, USA
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

I had the same issue with the dirt build up on a custom farm I built in the field north of the bga. I think its cause farm is built on a field the game still thinks you are driving in a field no matter what texture you have put down or if you have raised/lowered,
Hope that helped :hmm:
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
AgPro Farms

Post by AgPro Farms »

Unfortunately, I figured that was probably the case. Kind of aggravating to put that much work into building the farm, then find out that I can't drive across the yard without looking like i've ran through a mud pit.
AgPro Farms
PS4 User
Mississippi, USA
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

Yeah thats why I gave up on building custom farms, turned to building custom mountains and planting forests on them with the tree planter (to save on slot counts its best to plant trees and only use a few placeable trees for decoration or on hard to teach areas). Also Just a thought maybe if you use meadow roller to remove fields before building/landscaping it will stop the game from thinking its a field and stop this happening. I'm going to test ASAP
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420