Realism

dapals51

Re: Realism

Post by dapals51 »

Deadeye wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 1:58 am
dapals51 wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 4:14 am
Deadeye wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 1:05 am

People love to make this point when the topic of realism comes up. I think people overexaggerate what he's looking for. More realistic features is a great idea I think. Obviously he doesn't want his livelihood hanging in the hands of mother nature. That isn't what he's asking though. Just because I play Arma 3 doesn't mean I would ever want to go to war and get shot at. I just like the more realistic feel to it.

Just because a person asks for more realism to a game doesn't mean they want real life. There is a difference between the two. If he wanted to farm in real life he would've attempted it surely.
You have a point Deadeye, but coming from the real thing, it feels like Giant does a good job of pleasing the middle especially once seasons is available. I don’t see what else you could add. Do youre chores in the morning maybe have to go back and check on sick ones?, maybe have messages like the old Oregon trail “you died of dysentery ” pop up but instead say, “you’re hogs have African swine flu spend the day treating them or they die” haha. Or “worker broke part **** on ****, Dealer is closed, part won’t be available to tomorrow shut down for the day.” Then to think what on top of it you could add? With all the different regions I feel Giant does a decent job hitting the middle ground to please everyone with out making it too choppy. We will always want more for own personally liking I myself especially as I’m one always looking for mor USA equipment.

At the same time though, if someone wants more, shouldn't they be able to have it? Seasons does change this realism issue drastically, but that's modders, so I give them the credit instead of GIANTS. It's not even that GIANTS does a lousy job. It's just that they have what seem to me like a lot of half-baked ideas for realism. Sort of like they throw in a few crumbs and call it good. I'm not expecting an ultra-realistic game that isn't even enjoyable to play. I would like to see some things expanded on though. Again, seasons remedies this to a very large extent. I just don't think it should be up to modders to make the game realistic. If you really dig into my previous posts, I've posted many times about the idea of having all of these "Realism" elements as options in the menu to cater to most people.
I understand deadeye, and I have read alot of your realism posts. I do think seasons should be included in the regular game. But one can do it on there own also. But it is sad it has to come from a modder and not Giant; however it would still need to be modable (don't know if that's a word) so we can have all the different regions. I love that part. I do think there are things that could change to obtain more realism, I feel the repairs system could be greatly improved. The reason I say giant aims for the middle is that everyone would want a different attribute bought out or emphazied more than another, For instance I don't like the Repair set up the animal Care, both could be change for better realism, but somebody might like those. Really the change I want is to be able to rake and bale the corn stubble after the header cuts it with the combine. But I digress. Appreciate the discussion deadeye you always have good coments
XBOX one player
Farmer in the midwest USA

MOD HUB OR DIE!!
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

I understand deadeye, and I have read alot of your realism posts. I do think seasons should be included in the regular game. But one can do it on there own also. But it is sad it has to come from a modder and not Giant; however it would still need to be modable (don't know if that's a word) so we can have all the different regions. I love that part. I do think there are things that could change to obtain more realism, I feel the repairs system could be greatly improved. The reason I say giant aims for the middle is that everyone would want a different attribute bought out or emphazied more than another, For instance I don't like the Repair set up the animal Care, both could be change for better realism, but somebody might like those. Really the change I want is to be able to rake and bale the corn stubble after the header cuts it with the combine. But I digress. Appreciate the discussion deadeye you always have good coments

What if we could pick and choose the elements we liked though? Sure, it might be a little more work for GIANTS, but I think everyone who plays the game would benefit from it. GIANTS does do a fairly decent job of achieving that "middle ground" for players who might not have the understanding of farming and agriculture that others do. I think it could be even better though with the ability to pick and choose. Especially if there were good tutorials on the main points of say, a more detailed soil management system. The Realismus team seems to be making Seasons 19 even better than Seasons 17 so we'll see. Perhaps that could be a game changer and I won't want anymore realism at all.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
Eische

Post by Eische »

Every player has its own taste. Not all players want to play as realistic as possible. And Giants knows that very well. They provide a good starting point for modders to improve/change the game for players who want more realism.
The thing is, as much as it would make sense to implement CP, Seasons, GPS, ... into the base game...it is not that simple. Why should Giants waste ressources on something that will be done by the modders. Even if they want to do so and find an agreement with the creators of those mods, how detailed should they be implemented. To full extend? Only the most important features?
Without having the option to turn off features brought along with those mods, Giants is risking to loose players/payers, because the game gets more complex. And adding more and more switches to turn off features makes the maintenance of the game more complex.

Besides the "big" mods, there are other features Giants could work on to provide a more indepth game experience:
- more details to animals
- ability to create animal pastures in the game itself without having to level the terrain
- ability to have one common slurry/manure pit for all animal husbandrys in a certain range
- dynamic hoses on all vehicles
- dynamic hoses between slurry tanks and slurry storages
- silos that get actually connected visually to extensions
- silos/refill stations that have unload effects and reasonable size (worst example is the default lime selling station)
- more diverse usage of cultivators/disc harrows ...
- adjustable mirrows on all vehicles
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
asyvan

Post by asyvan »

For my personal play style I have found the new Contractor Mod (on Modhub) quite fascinating. It adds a piece of realism for me.
//Jens Ejvinsson
Farming History: FS11, FS13, FS15, FS17, FS19 (Steam)
Logitech G29, Logitech/Saitek Sidepanel, Logitech F710 Wireless gamepad
PC Gamer - "The Silent Beast" i7-7700K @ 5Ghz, GTX 1070 @ 2.1GHz

Case IH Puma CVX With Tracks
Väderstad Rapid A600-800S Seed Drill
Tutorial compilation for FS19 - list of all my How To guides
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Has anyone checked out the RealLifeNumbers mod yet in FS19, to see if that makes the game more realistic for those that want it, or want a gap filled whilst waiting for seasons? I've downloaded the UK and US Heartland Versions but have not tested them yet. Might be something for me to do a video on it a little bit actually, as I'm guessing this mod is presently flying under most people's radar.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

cwattyeso wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 12:25 pm Has anyone checked out the RealLifeNumbers mod yet in FS19, to see if that makes the game more realistic for those that want it, or want a gap filled whilst waiting for seasons? I've downloaded the UK and US Heartland Versions but have not tested them yet. Might be something for me to do a video on it a little bit actually, as I'm guessing this mod is presently flying under most people's radar.
Thank you cwattyeso for mentioning my mod FS19_RealLifeNumbers. You are right that it has not received much popularity. But, as is pointed out here very wisely, realism and real-life are two different things. More players want realism than real-life, and that is fine with me. RealLifeNumbers are for that special type of player who is interested in a realistic economy, based on local prices in a given country. It does offer many useful features of interest to most players, so I'll just list some of the features.

This mod has three main objectives:

1. To define a game environment mimicking real-life farming in a well-defined area.
2. To enable players to individualize the game using a simple editor.
3. To provide a game planning tool for the player who wants to do a pre-game setup.

Version 1.1.2.0

This version of the mod is multifruit-ready and allows you to:
  • Define crop yield, seed usage and crop sell prices.
  • Define prices on farm supplies.
  • Calculate fertilizer spray rates based on spray type and crop type.
  • Set purchase and rent prices for fields.
  • Distinguish between mature (breeding) and young (non-breeding) animals.
  • Define reproduction rate and feed consumption based on animal subtype.
  • Set prices on animal products (milk, wool, eggs).
  • Control level of feed spillage.
  • Set leasing cost for equipment.
  • Set service interval for equipment.
  • Set contract payment.
  • Study vital data for your farming operation (2500+ lines of information).
  • Optimize your earnings by comparing crop income per hectare.
  • Balance number of animals and hectares of fields.
The mod changes the entire economic foundation of the game toward real-life farm economy and should NOT be activated in the middle of games where career achievements are considered important.

The mod comes in different flavors containing yield and price data for specific countries or agricultural regions.

A 65-page description of the mod is saved inside the zip file.

The interaction with the mod is very (too) simplistic. You edit parameters in an editor, rezip the mod, place it in the mod folder and reload the game. In-game info huds would be nice and may come at some points. But the mod prints out about 2500 lines of information to the log file, so huds is not a solution for all of it.

The idea is that you setup your farm, edit parameters (if you want to change them), clean up the log file so it make up a map-specific report. Save the report on a tablet and use the tablet to look up information, when you need to make informed decisions about farm development.

Version 1.1.2.0 is available on modhoster.com in three versions with yield and price data for Germany, UK, and US Heartland, respectively. Data have been collected for all EU member countries and for all 12 Agricultural regions of the US. For now only three flavors are published. I'm waiting to release more flavors until I have a better idea about how error-free the current version is. My experience is that I need the help of many players to find the remaining errors (assuming that there are some left).

I'm convinced that some parameters set by my mod will also be set by the Seasons mod, when it comes out. I want the Seasons mod as much as any and will refit my mod so it can coexist with Seasons. In retrospect, the Seasons mod has been more about realism than real-life, while FS19_RealLifeNumbers is the opposite. So there is good reason to expect, that they can be made to complement each other.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
OOWAR!!

Post by OOWAR!! »

If the game went into the Animal side properly it would also open a whole new area for map makers and multi-players, a lot of the countryside is Sheep Farm only, some allocate land for timber. Arable farmers will have a customer to sell their animal feed too.Working the seasons properly will be even more crucial in running a successful farm and a bad one can ruin you and make others rich.
Proper market fluctuations. If everyone grows wheat the price per tonne drops.
PC.
X BOX CONTROLLER
OOWAR!!

Post by OOWAR!! »

Selling land. Seems odd you can buy it but not sell or rent it out.
Lets have the workers wage equal to what you get for ''doing jobs''. Lets face it they often do a straighter job and don't miss bits but are a bit thick.
Crop destruction, if you take a short cut across another farmers land you pay for the damage.
PC.
X BOX CONTROLLER
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

You can sell land though.