Screen Lag/Juddering

Chrispearce

Screen Lag/Juddering

Post by Chrispearce »

Morning,
I have an issue with screen juddering/lag on Oakfield farm mainly but also on Marwell Manor, this occurs mainly at dusk/dark times or early morning when the light is low, it can happen when in the farm buildings or on an open field (anywhere) and is quite off putting playing the game, I have a few mods loaded from the Giants mod hub but nothing in excess, it is worse when the vehicle lights are on or the farm yard lights are on, I have not changed the game settings at all so they are just as the game set them on install, where is the best place to start changing the settings to stop this?

Here are my new PC specs:

9th Generation Intel Core i7 9700K 3.6GHz 8 Core Processor
Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080
16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 3200MHz Memory Module
Seagate BarraCuda 3TB 256MB Cache Hard Drive SATA 6GB/s
Samsung 970 EVO 250GB NVME M.2 SSD

Many thanks.
13th Gen Intel 13900K Processor | NVIDIA RTX 4070 Graphics | 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz Memory | 2TB NVME M.2 SSD | 3TB SATA HDD
Chrispearce

Re: Screen Lag/Juddering

Post by Chrispearce »

Any advice would be appreciated :)
13th Gen Intel 13900K Processor | NVIDIA RTX 4070 Graphics | 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz Memory | 2TB NVME M.2 SSD | 3TB SATA HDD
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

Here's instructions on how to post your log, without it's difficult for anyone to offer help (if they're able).

viewtopic.php?f=827&t=88665
Chrispearce

Post by Chrispearce »

Attached log file
Attachments
log.txt
(35.06 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

ta for your log.

Here's what I would try ("try" are suggestions and don't mean definitive solutions):

I've noticed you've many unzipped mods.

"FS19_BD_Modding_LightpackV2" is not from the Giants ModHob... Neither are some of your other loaded mods...

Try without any mods at all (especially "FS19_BD_Modding_LightpackV2" and obviously keep the map you're using :biggrin2: ), see if that makes a difference and then add them in one-by-one to see. Put your self-customised mods back in last, one-by-one.

Also, I get your NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 is an awesome video card - but just try setting some of your graphics settings slightly lower, and possibly try a slightly smaller screen resolution - perhaps lowering shadow quality and/or shadow lights a little bit. These are adjusted via main menu, before you enter a new/save game.

Hope that helps, happy farming!
Chrispearce

Post by Chrispearce »

Many thanks for your suggestions, I will give that a try :)
Avegooday

Post by Avegooday »

Hello Chrispearce. Since you have a Nvidia GeForce graphic card, you may also download and have a look at a software called GeForce Experience available on the NVidia website. Once installed and your game detected, there is a section where you can "optimize" the game according to your system. Personnaly, I would NOT recommend to let the program automatically configure your game (at least in the beginning) but in this page, it will show you the actual settings and the ones recommended. If you click on each value, this will give a short explanation with an image showing what it does. Nice tool to better understand all those values. Also, if you want to try the "optimize" option or do many changes, could be safe to make a back-up copy of the 'game.xml' located in C:\Users\XXX\Documents\my games\FarmingSimulator2019. So, if you mess up with something, you can always go back to your previous settings. Hoping this may help, have a good day :hi:
Chrispearce

Post by Chrispearce »

Dezza69 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 1:07 am ta for your log.

Here's what I would try ("try" are suggestions and don't mean definitive solutions):

I've noticed you've many unzipped mods.

"FS19_BD_Modding_LightpackV2" is not from the Giants ModHob... Neither are some of your other loaded mods...

Try without any mods at all (especially "FS19_BD_Modding_LightpackV2" and obviously keep the map you're using :biggrin2: ), see if that makes a difference and then add them in one-by-one to see. Put your self-customised mods back in last, one-by-one.

Also, I get your NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 is an awesome video card - but just try setting some of your graphics settings slightly lower, and possibly try a slightly smaller screen resolution - perhaps lowering shadow quality and/or shadow lights a little bit. These are adjusted via main menu, before you enter a new/save game.

Hope that helps, happy farming!
Thanks for you advice with this info, I have tried unloading all mods and reducing the shadow lights and quality but no difference with the lag/juddering, interestingly though after reading the log.txt I notice that out of the 8 threads available on the PC it seems that FS19 is only utilising 2 ? I have not tried reducing the screen resolution yet but after all, if you have a 4k tv and 4k blue rays why watch them in 1080p? thanks for your help with the settings but after reading other posts about the Giants Engine I this I will have to wait for maybe an engine update in the future :)
Chrispearce

Post by Chrispearce »

Avegooday wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 2:58 pm Hello Chrispearce. Since you have a Nvidia GeForce graphic card, you may also download and have a look at a software called GeForce Experience available on the NVidia website. Once installed and your game detected, there is a section where you can "optimize" the game according to your system. Personnaly, I would NOT recommend to let the program automatically configure your game (at least in the beginning) but in this page, it will show you the actual settings and the ones recommended. If you click on each value, this will give a short explanation with an image showing what it does. Nice tool to better understand all those values. Also, if you want to try the "optimize" option or do many changes, could be safe to make a back-up copy of the 'game.xml' located in C:\Users\XXX\Documents\my games\FarmingSimulator2019. So, if you mess up with something, you can always go back to your previous settings. Hoping this may help, have a good day :hi:
Hello Avegooday,
Thanks for the link, I installed this and optimised the settings for FS 19 as it suggested and surprisingly it only decreased the anti aliasing from 4 to 2 and increased most of the other settings, seems to have made the lag a little better so I will play for a few more days an d post an update, many thanks for your advice :)