John Deere 8r 2016-18 EU series is in testing

village80

Re: John Deere 8r 2016-18 EU series is in testing

Post by village80 »

cwattyeso wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 3:59 pm I'd also chuck out their mods on the principle that they are trying to monetise mods by offering people who join Patreon's or donate money to download them early, or by using scumbag download links like Uploaded.
CM stopped doing that the last time there was drama between them and JHHG.
THAT GUY

Post by THAT GUY »

cwattyeso wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 3:59 pm Here's a great solution to the issue of Mod Theft or Asset Theft from Mods. Stop releasing your mods on Facebook Pages or to Paying Public/Patreons/Testers or whatever, before you have finished and submitted them to the Giants ModHub. Custom Modding, JHHG they are both equally guilty of stealing mods from one another, and honestly the John Deere Tractors, Planters etc have been doing the rounds on modsites for several months now. They shouldn't be releasing them in any form until they have been finished and submitted to Giants. It's in the ModHub Guidelines and T&Cs that Giants won't accept mods or certificate mods that are already available in the public domain. So for that reason alone I'd chuck out JHHG mods and Custom Modding's mods. Until they learn to keep their work private until it's on the ModHub. I'd also chuck out their mods on the principle that they are trying to monetise mods by offering people who join Patreon's or donate money to download them early, or by using scumbag download links like Uploaded.
1 custom dont use monetized links anymore, their patreon is voluntary as the mods are released either way
2 releasing mods on only modhub does nothing for theft. People can still take the said mod, hack it apart and use parts. Also getting a mod on modhub is tough, they have stringent requirements. Most modders dont bother because of that, pc is easier than console for modhub.
3 custom had an 8r ingame since early in the cycle in fs 17, so i highly doubt there was any stealing on customs part
Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Post by Chaki »

Hey folks,
at the moment, we will not publish the 8R EU due to the accusations of stealing and are currently in communication with everyone involved. We have urged both groups to talk to each other and hope they can come to a satisfying conclusion which will lead to the 8R to arrive on the ModHub.
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support
dapals51

Post by dapals51 »

Jaydon8817 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 4:00 pm It be nice if they could all get on same wave length, admit their faults and start helping one another to release some great mods we all know they are capable of, and of course give credit where credit is due as it generally costs nothing. It does seem like JHHG and Nicolas Oliveria are trying to talk with bs aside though so hopefully something...
Giant wouldn't need to release any models for the game if they could do that! Would be great if they could work together and make some packages. They are great modders in there own. They could turn out some amazing stuff together
XBOX one player
Farmer in the midwest USA

MOD HUB OR DIE!!
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

THAT GUY wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 4:13 pm 1 custom dont use monetized links anymore, their patreon is voluntary as the mods are released either way
2 releasing mods on only modhub does nothing for theft. People can still take the said mod, hack it apart and use parts. Also getting a mod on modhub is tough, they have stringent requirements. Most modders dont bother because of that, pc is easier than console for modhub.
3 custom had an 8r ingame since early in the cycle in fs 17, so i highly doubt there was any stealing on customs part
1. They don't anymore but they did at one time so they were still guilty of monetising mods which is against the Giants T&Cs, so sentence upheld, parole denied.

2. Mods released on the ModHub become part of Giants Property and the FS Series, as well as anything that has been made and produced using the Giants Editor. Modders can re-use Giants ModHub assets in their own work, providing again the credits to that author are listed in the mod's moddesc using the Contributer Tag. Also I know what submitting mods to the ModHub entails as I have been trying to upload my own mod for a couple of weeks now, and keep going back and forth with Giants over it's review and needing to change things. Right now I'm currently not releasing this mod, because I'm not happy Giants won't allow it on Console because of a small script that just provides a part of the mod to be animated, and am wondering whether to just release it myself to PC players, because I'd fed up with all the stuff of having to provide names, descriptions and functions in languages other then my own native English.

3. I've seen the 8R, 8RT, 9R & 9RX going back and fourth between not only Custom Modding and JHHG but other modding groups as well. Pretty much since the start of the year they are all guilty of taking this vehicle and tweaking it and adjusting it. It's been through so many hands now, it would be very hard for Giants to determine who exactly created which parts of it. Like I say this wouldn't be an issue if groups didn't make mods publicly available before they have passed certification with Giants.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
village80

Post by village80 »

cwattyeso wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 4:27 pm 3. I've seen the 8R, 8RT, 9R & 9RX going back and fourth between not only Custom Modding and JHHG but other modding groups as well. Pretty much since the start of the year they are all guilty of taking this vehicle and tweaking it and adjusting it. It's been through so many hands now, it would be very hard for Giants to determine who exactly created which parts of it. Like I say this wouldn't be an issue if groups didn't make mods publicly available before they have passed certification with Giants.
There was a 9RX with drama posted to CM by someone who is not a CM member. Other than that...

I have never seen CM NEFG SFI or Serious have issue with each other. I have seen them all (and I understand there are more) have issue with JHHG.
THAT GUY

Post by THAT GUY »

cwattyeso wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 4:27 pm
THAT GUY wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 4:13 pm 1 custom dont use monetized links anymore, their patreon is voluntary as the mods are released either way
1. They don't anymore but they did at one time so they were still guilty of monetising mods which is against the Giants T&Cs, so sentence upheld, parole denied.

2. Mods released on the ModHub become part of Giants Property and the FS Series, as well as anything that has been made and produced using the Giants Editor. Modders can re-use Giants ModHub assets in their own work, providing again the credits to that author are listed in the mod's moddesc using the Contributer Tag. Also I know what submitting mods to the ModHub entails as I have been trying to upload my own mod for a couple of weeks now, and keep going back and forth with Giants over it's review and needing to change things. Right now I'm currently not releasing this mod, because I'm not happy Giants won't allow it on Console because of a small script that just provides a part of the mod to be animated, and am wondering whether to just release it myself to PC players, because I'd fed up with all the stuff of having to provide names, descriptions and functions in languages other then my own native English.

3. I've seen the 8R, 8RT, 9R & 9RX going back and fourth between not only Custom Modding and JHHG but other modding groups as well. Pretty much since the start of the year they are all guilty of taking this vehicle and tweaking it and adjusting it. It's been through so many hands now, it would be very hard for Giants to determine who exactly created which parts of it. Like I say this wouldn't be an issue if groups didn't make mods publicly available before they have passed certification with Giants.
1a) jhhg was taking others mods previously released, editing them and holding them in a patreon behind paid tiers. So riddle me this? Is that not worse than actually releasing mods to the general public using a link that may or may not profit them? Does giants modhub not compensate modders for putting mods on modhub? So your monetization argument is invalid

2) good for you

3)Techmod was the progenitor for the 8R and 9RT models in fs17, members of techmod also reside in custom modding
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

I'm about to bring the heat as I always do and if you don't like it then maybe you should just skip over this post. I've been members of both Tech Mod/Custom and JHHG.

1. JHHG's practices are very shady at best. And that is probably me being kind. As people have said, I would say he is more of an 'editor' rather than anything else. He can take components from models and put them into others. Again, this is where the supposed 'core' of the problem lies between him and Custom Modding. They say he stole things like their numberings on the S700 series combines and whatnot. However, why I like JHHG, is because he does release quite a bit of stuff and his edits are top quality. There are never any errors or warnings and things just work like how they should. I even thought about joining his beta program, but if someone releases something in his beta program he immediately changes links and will require people to pay again. This happened with the DB60 planter (of which, he did an amazing job on the edits and looks pretty dang good for something that is not even 'done'). I mean I wouldn't put it past JHHG himself to 'leak' his own mod so he can have people pay again to get a new link. That really wouldn't surprise me one bit.

2. On the other hand, Custom Modding - specifically Rafael, is probably one of the best 3D (if not the best) modelers that FS has ever seen. He has had his hands in so many models over the years. His attention to detail when it comes to modeling is second to none. His XML scripting though needs some work. He often makes simple stupid errors in the XML coding that needs to be fixed causing things to not work quite right. The addition of Stephen Beran to Custom Modding with is JD 9R and Wilson trailers have been excellent however. He does a nice job with the XML. His problem is he occasionally posts images of things that are "private." Almost like a 10 year old bragging that he has something that you don't. At least if you see a post from Custom and its from Rafael, you know that it will be released to the public. I have no problem with them posting their mods on Patreon before release for beta testing. My only complain there is the price - $25 per month. Kind of outrageous.

The bottom line is - I'm going to download mods from whoever does them best. The fact is, many of the original creators of these mods are long gone. It would give us users a headache to try and track down every possible original modder to download it from. If JHHG does an edit that I like, I'm going to download it. And I have no problem downloading from uploaded.net to send a few quid to him for his time. If Rafael knocks out an unbelievable 9RT, then I'll grab that too.

I think this was a fair, overall opinion of both parties strengths and weaknesses. Bottom line is - without either of these two, my mod folder would have a lot less mods in it. That's for sure.
iLLBill606

Post by iLLBill606 »

Either way this thing goes, this issue right here, will change the game of uploading mods! It had major popularity when it hit test, took major downfall when the accusation hit.

Now Custom Modding and JHHG Modding are working on an agreement of some sort, if it even happens!

You know when Giants has to make a statement about it themselves, it'll end up being a game changer in some sort of way, we will have to wait and see!
brinko04

Post by brinko04 »

Really I just want to see some American style equipment as well. I have no issue with the predominantly EU styled equipment given that giants is located in that region. I have no issues with mod-makers because they have already provided so much great content, and I don't want to get involved I things I don't fully comprehend. I'm from the midwest and I want to see equipment I use and I think giants should recognize the fan base that is present in the US. We know they can do it with the case equipment, deere shouldn't be hard to patch.
Family, Farming, and Cornhusker Football
Part-time Farmer since 2005
XBOX Farmer since 2011
PC Farmer since 2020
Born and Raised in Nebraska
brinko04

Post by brinko04 »

I'm not trying to create problems or have an argument with anyone.....these are merely my thoughts and I will play this game regardless of how this all plays out.
Family, Farming, and Cornhusker Football
Part-time Farmer since 2005
XBOX Farmer since 2011
PC Farmer since 2020
Born and Raised in Nebraska
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

brinko04 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 5:20 pm Really I just want to see some American style equipment as well. I have no issue with the predominantly EU styled equipment given that giants is located in that region. I have no issues with mod-makers because they have already provided so much great content, and I don't want to get involved I things I don't fully comprehend. I'm from the midwest and I want to see equipment I use and I think giants should recognize the fan base that is present in the US. We know they can do it with the case equipment, deere shouldn't be hard to patch.
Agreed. It wouldn't be hard to include the US options in the customization menu.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

THAT GUY wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 4:51 pm Does giants modhub not compensate modders for putting mods on modhub? So your monetization argument is invalid
Giants paying Modders for the Mods on the ModHub is entirely different to Modders putting mods behind pay walls, scummy upload links or other such things, because the player, the user doesn't have to pay anything to download a mod from the modhub. Giants monestisation is more a reward for hard working modders who produce good work that gets good ratings and lots of downloads. If you produce a turd on the ModHub that people downvote or don't download, you're not going to receive anything from the system. So again the public isn't being forced to part with cash to access mods on the ModHub, Giants is rewarding modders from their own profit and pockets.

I have no problem with modders getting rewarded via the company that makes the game, and receive monetary rewards based on the quality of their work. Howerver when modders go into business for themselves and start charging people for mods, none of which have been certified as error free or of high quality by Giants, then I take issue.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

THAT GUY

Post by THAT GUY »

cwattyeso wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 5:37 pm
THAT GUY wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 4:51 pm Does giants modhub not compensate modders for putting mods on modhub? So your monetization argument is invalid
Giants paying Modders for the Mods on the ModHub is entirely different to Modders putting mods behind pay walls, scummy upload links or other such things, because the player, the user doesn't have to pay anything to download a mod from the modhub. Giants monestisation is more a reward for hard working modders who produce good work that gets good ratings and lots of downloads. If you produce a turd on the ModHub that people downvote or don't download, you're not going to receive anything from the system. So again the public isn't being forced to part with cash to access mods on the ModHub, Giants is rewarding modders from their own profit and pockets.

I have no problem with modders getting rewarded via the company that makes the game, and receive monetary rewards based on the quality of their work. Howerver when modders go into business for themselves and start charging people for mods, none of which have been certified as error free or of high quality by Giants, then I take issue.
Just because its on the modhub doesn't make it quality

Edit don_apple: fixed quoting.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

"Just becasuse its on the modhub doesn't make it quality."

Well Duh! Tell us something we don't know. However in the eyes of Giants the company that make the game, provide the modhub and this very forum you are posting on, the ModHub is the creme-de-la-creme for mods. And why they have such high standard and requirements for mods going through test to pass and achieve certification. At the end of the day the modhub is what it is, the mods on it are what we get from the authors who have chosen to use it and support it. Fair play to them, if there isn't a lot of competition on their for mods, they are getting the downloads and making the money from Giants. Perhaps more of these high tier top quality modders like Custom Modding and stuff, really should up their act and get more of their stuff on the modhub then to get some of that action. No wait they won't do that as they are making more money from their Patreon Program charging people $25 a month to be Mod Testers.