What to do with garbage?

Jonhinkerton

What to do with garbage?

Post by Jonhinkerton »

What do I do with things that just kind of end up around the farm? Like the grass I have to clean away from the sheep pen or those little bits of wood, the pile of manure I dumped so I could use the trailer for something else, etc. is there a way to just delete things? Is every item sellable somewhere? What if I just toss it all in a trailer together?
FarmerJimbob

Re: What to do with garbage?

Post by FarmerJimbob »

Anything cleaned from animals you just put back in the trough to feed back to them. Pieces of wood that are too small to worry about selling just keep cutting with the chainsaw until they are small enough that they disappear. Manure sell or use as fertiliser on fields.

There's no way to delete certain items without editing files (PC only obviously) and even then I'm not 100% sure how - I have 3 pallets of saplings I bought by accident stuck at the shop, gonna have to plant them at some point.
Avegooday

Post by Avegooday »

FarmerJimbob wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 5:04 pm ... I have 3 pallets of saplings I bought by accident stuck at the shop, gonna have to plant them at some point.
For your 3 pallets, with a text editor (notepad or else), open the file 'vehicles.xml' located in your savegame1 folder (or 2 or 3). Then look for the string: data/objects/pallets/treeSaplingPallet. This should bring you to something like this:

Code: Select all

<vehicle id="73" filename="data/objects/pallets/treeSaplingPallet/treeSaplingPallet.xml" isAbsolute="true" age="0.000000" price="1000.000000" farmId="1" propertyState="1" operatingTime="0.000000">
        <component1 position="-472.9959 83.9922 735.0002" rotation="100.7244 89.7753 100.7240"/>
        <configuration name="fillUnit" id="1"/>
        <boughtConfiguration name="fillUnit" id="1"/>
        <washable>
            <dirtNode amount="0.000031"/>
        </washable>
        <wearable>
            <wearNode amount="0.000005"/>
        </wearable>
        <fillUnit>
            <unit index="1" fillType="TREESAPLINGS" fillLevel="20.000000"/>
        </fillUnit>
    </vehicle>
Just delete this section for each of the 3. You won't get the money back but at least you will get rid of it. :wink3:
Dixie Farmer

Post by Dixie Farmer »

Jonhinkerton wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 4:58 pm What do I do with things that just kind of end up around the farm? Like the grass I have to clean away from the sheep pen or those little bits of wood, the pile of manure I dumped so I could use the trailer for something else, etc. is there a way to just delete things? Is every item sellable somewhere? What if I just toss it all in a trailer together?
Normal way for the animal pens is to pick it up with a bucket and tip it back into the food trigger of whatever animal is making the mess.

It’s a bit unrealistic but random rubbish on the yard floor can be cleaned up with a cultivator or repainted with the in game terrain editor, saves you time this way but costs a tiny bit of money, just make sure you match the terrain type you want to repaint.

There is also a brush attachment that fits on to a bucket on Modhub.
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

Avegooday wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 5:49 pm For your 3 pallets, with a text editor (notepad or else), open the file 'vehicles.xml' located in your savegame1 folder (or 2 or 3).
Just delete this section for each of the 3. You won't get the money back but at least you will get rid of it. :wink3:
Thanks *thumbsup*
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Pretty much everything produced will have a sell point, so find the best one and take your extra stuff there. As others say, scoop up the animal mess (to increase cleanliness) and put it back in their bin.
Bits of wood can be dropped in a pickup or trailer and taken to the sawmill.
Maybe in the future, Giants could allow players to get a refund for pallets from the store itself, or be sold at the sawmill if they're empty.
Jonhinkerton

Post by Jonhinkerton »

One of my issues is that the sheep pen mess is grass clippings, but I feed them hay, so I can’t tip back in (tried that). Should/could I feed them grass instead for that closed loop?

Also, if I did have a trailer that I then put some grass in, some wood in, some grain in, etc can I just drive it around to all of the sell points and remove the pkrtion that is relevant to that sell point? Or is such a trailer limited or broken?
Avegooday

Post by Avegooday »

Dixie Farmer wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 9:09 am… There is also a brush attachment that fits on to a bucket on Modhub.
Not sure which brush you meant but in my case, I use the SuperNet 2200A Rabaud which was converted from FS 17. It is not available on the official ModHub but can be found here. The only thing I have done for my personal use is to change the "dirtDuration" in the 'washable' section of the xml file (it got dirty too fast) but other than that, everything works fine. Hoping it may help, have a good day ! :hi:
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

Jonhinkerton wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 3:14 pm One of my issues is that the sheep pen mess is grass clippings, but I feed them hay, so I can’t tip back in (tried that). Should/could I feed them grass instead for that closed loop?

Also, if I did have a trailer that I then put some grass in, some wood in, some grain in, etc can I just drive it around to all of the sell points and remove the pkrtion that is relevant to that sell point? Or is such a trailer limited or broken?

You can only put one thing in the trailer at a time.
XBOX/ FS22
Dixie Farmer

Post by Dixie Farmer »

The brushes were released yesterday, Its called Fliegl Large capacity Shovels. The brushes are the yellow and green things on the picture
Avegooday

Post by Avegooday »

Thanks Dixie, did not noticed those add-ons. However, I think I'll keep my "sweeper" (prefer the look) :wink3:
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

I've been known to throw trees, logs and stuff I don't feel like dealing with in ponds and rivers. :mrgreen:
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
Moses195

Post by Moses195 »

ThatCanadianGuy wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 7:22 pm I've been known to throw trees, logs and stuff I don't feel like dealing with in ponds and rivers. :mrgreen:
Oh the rivers and ponds I’ve polluted with trees!!
OlavEmil

Post by OlavEmil »

Jonhinkerton wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 3:14 pm One of my issues is that the sheep pen mess is grass clippings, but I feed them hay, so I can’t tip back in (tried that). Should/could I feed them grass instead for that closed loop?
You can mix grass / hay however you like, but you can't fill the feeding bin if it is already full. My guess is that you feed them hay bales. Bales will allow the bins to overfill, because it will take the full bale and add 4000l, even if there were only 500l left of space. Make sure to clean the mess before feeding the animals, while there is room for the leftovers in their bins.

As for the rest, as others have said, yes, every material is sellable somewhere. You could also invest in a small woodchipper, and chip any wood leftovers to sawdust, which in turn can be stored in a heap and loaded into a small trailer and taken to a sawmill whenever you have some leftover time to fill.
Farmer216

Post by Farmer216 »

ThatCanadianGuy wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 7:22 pm I've been known to throw trees, logs and stuff I don't feel like dealing with in ponds and rivers. :mrgreen:
That will get it out of sight.

However, your game will still have to render these items. It may cause framerate issues if you have enough random stuff dumped around your map.

Litter at your own peril.
I play on Xbox3 (Which they called the "One" for some reason)
Addicted to Farm Sim since: 6-26-2k17
FS17@ 5,336hrs ~ FS19@ 3377hrs (updated 2.18.21)