The Old Farm Countryside by Shaba FS

ShabaFS

Re: The Old Farm Countryside by Shaba FS

Post by ShabaFS »

BiggoB wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 7:12 am
ShabaFS wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 2:45 am
ssterling007 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 2:02 am ShabaFS - I had the same thing - corrupt save file - happen to me at about the 13 hour mark. It may have been after a "great demand" in the game. I try and load the game and when I hit the start button it flashes and then remains in the 'loading screen' with no options for the keyboard or controller. I tried other saved games with no problems. Not sure what exactly triggers the corrupt, perhaps it is a great demand action. Similar quirk about the horse dismount as identified by Tylercheesey1986. Has to be done in the stable otherwise the horse it 'stuck' at the location within the pasture. The workaround is not a biggie for me, just an observation.
Could you tell me what point of sale was the great demand from which you gave that error?

I think the problem may be due to the fact that there are one or several points of sale that are not detailed in the PDA, but they do accept a great demand. For example, in the Grain Elevator, to the south of the map, there is an egg sale point, which is not detailed in the PDA or in the price panel, but it may be that it accepts high demand and this causes this error to the to leave and not be able to locate it because it is not detailed in it.

hi
happens to me all the time since beta.

looks like the great demands don't stop after few hours.
as soon as i hit three great demands (last night) you save the game, log back in and the loading window doesn't go away. you can hit ESC, unpause , then click on one tractor as example and you can play. yes the game is in pause mode during the start.

the fix i use:
edit the economy.xml -> set isValid="true" to isValid="false"
save, start the game.

i found this fix here in the forum somewhere.

the economy.xml:
<greatDemand itemId="10" fillTypeName="COTTON" demandMultiplier="1.300000" demandStartDay="17" demandStartHour="13" demandDuration="18" isRunning="true" isValid="true"/>
<greatDemand itemId="322" fillTypeName="EGG" demandMultiplier="1.200000" demandStartDay="17" demandStartHour="16" demandDuration="9" isRunning="true" isValid="true"/>
<greatDemand itemId="105" fillTypeName="CANOLA" demandMultiplier="1.400000" demandStartDay="17" demandStartHour="14" demandDuration="7" isRunning="true" isValid="true"/>

since you mentioned eggs.... eveytime it get stuck eggs are on great demand that's right. but this time i've got it on the supermarket. all three where on sports marked on the pda so no hidden sellpoints like before in beta

cheers

biggo
I've been watching and at is very likely to be because of this. In the grain elevator of the south, apart from the grain, you can sell eggs and wool, in different triggers, both had the option of the great demand activated, but none of the 2 appear in the PDA because I configured it. I modified it, deactivating the great demand and accelerated the time until reaching 25 days of play and does not cause the error.

Now I am testing the other modifications of the map and the arrangement of some errors and bugs. If nothing strange happens, on Friday I will send it to the tests, being version 1.2.0.0
ShabaFS

Post by ShabaFS »

Update sent for tests for PC and Consoles. It will be version 1.2.0.0.

I wanted to comment that it will be the last update that I released over a long period of time. Anyway, I would like you to continue reporting the possible errors that you find.

Now I want to focus on the new map I am developing, which I will share images and the occasional video on social networks.
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

Few more things i noticed:

1. Curvy road to sawmill has some terrain problems, too sharp angles.
2. Wool boxes will spawn in wrong direction sheep pasture, you should turn them 90 degress, otherwise hard to
pick up.
BiggoB

Post by BiggoB »

hi,

in the lastest version there is a bug with one of the houses. in the farm manager mode ( i did not start a new game) there is one house still there and i can't remove it without editing the map.

cheers

biggo
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

Changelog 1.2.0.0:
- Several animated objects have been added as doors to access several points of sale, with opening and closing hours in some of them.

Seems now the vehicle shop door is closed, most of the time. I cannot get my reseted vehicles back and bought vehicles also. Would be nice to add option to automatically open/close or
manually? Or change reset point to farm?
CombineBert

Post by CombineBert »

If you are on PC, you can edit the below in the animatedMapObjects.xml

<animatedObject index="ShopGate" saveId="ShopGate" >
<animation duration="6">
<part node="1">
<keyFrame time="0.0" translation="7.75 0 0"/>
<keyFrame time="1.0" translation="-6.8 0 0"/>
</part>
</animation>

<openingHours startTime="8" endTime="15" disableIfClosed="true"/>
<controls triggerNode="0" />
<sounds>
<moving file="maps/sounds/electricGate_01.wav" loops="0" linkNode="1" volume="0.5" radius="25" innerRadius="3" fadeOut="0.25"/>
</sounds>
</animatedObject>

Looks like it is currently open 08.00 to 15.00
Platform: WIN 10 | Game Version: PC Steam
Devices: Logitech G29 Wheel, pedals & shifter | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick | Stream Deck

Current FS19 Maps:
Ravensburg - 9 Day Seasons
CombineBert

Post by CombineBert »

I would like to convert the starting bales to "real" bales rather than ornamental ones if possible, any ideas? I had a look at the xml's but nothing stood out. I have only used the provided pallet forks thus far to try and pick them up, but this works on other maps I have played so do not expect actual bale forks to make much difference.

Is this a GE job? Not used GE yet.
Devices: Logitech G29 Wheel, pedals & shifter | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick | Stream Deck

Current FS19 Maps:
Eische

Post by Eische »

CombineBert wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:20 pm I would like to convert the starting bales to "real" bales rather than ornamental ones if possible, any ideas? I had a look at the xml's but nothing stood out. I have only used the provided pallet forks thus far to try and pick them up, but this works on other maps I have played so do not expect actual bale forks to make much difference.

Is this a GE job? Not used GE yet.
If you can't use those bales they are part of the map. You need to remove them in GE.

For usable bales you must include them in the defaultItems.xml of the map. For correct positioning just start a new game and place bales at the desired position. Save the game and go into the savegames folder. There you will find the items.xml, which will contain entries for the bales. I'm not 100% sure, but I guess you can just copy those entries to the defaultItems.xml of the map.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
CombineBert

Post by CombineBert »

Eische, thank you for the pointers. I manged to do it!

Installed GE and found the bales in the /maps/placeable/Farm/CountrySideFarm.i3d

They are all in a parent group so was nice and easy to select them all and delete them in one go.

Saved the file and reloaded the map, bales are gone. Wahoo!

Brought 16 straw and 16 hay bales from the store and placed them in the same area in stacks of 4. Saved the game.

Found reference to the bales in the items.xml within the savegame folder, thanks again Eische. Each bale had a single line of XML and was in multiple places within the file. Here is an example

Code: Select all

<item className="Bale" id="6" filename="$data/objects/squarebales/baleStraw240.i3d" position="-52.7889 100.2880 134.1764" rotation="-179.9962 0.3290 0.0066" valueScale="1.000000" fillLevel="4000.000000" farmId="1"/>
I copied all of them into the items.xml file within the xml folder of the mod. Each line was amended from the above to read thus.

<item className="Bale" filename="$data/objects/squarebales/baleStraw240.i3d" position="-52.3055 101.0896 136.6342" rotation="179.9734 -0.4687 0.0236" valueScale="1.000000" fillLevel="4000.000000" defaultFarmProperty="true" farmId="1"/>
The id attribute was removed and the defaultFarmProperty added. Saved and relaunched a new game and the bales are there and can pick them up etc. Recompressed the patch and it all works fine.

Interestingly, the seed, fert and lime pallets you start with are in the vehicles.xml? Maybe pallets are different, to bales at least.

This is my first time editing a map and happy with how it went. I work in IT and familiar with XML etc so maybe this was of an advantage. I will have no hesitations removing things going forward. If there is an easier, better or preferred way of achieving what I have done I am welcome to advice and feedback please.

Seeing the map in the editor first the first time gives me an even greater respect to map makers, you folks are amazing!

Current FS19 Maps:
Soles2023

Post by Soles2023 »

Just wanted to put it out there, I got the bug from the great demand that wouldn't let my saved game load. (XB1X) I waited for the map update and still wouldn't load the save file. Decided to give it a shot after the 1.4 patch and it loaded just fine, I have just over 62 hours in this map with hours of terraforming and I'm really glad to get the save back. So if anyone still has their old save I would give it try and see if it works.

** I know you won't have some if the new features like the bunker silo at the cow etc. but that doesn't bother me.
XB1/PC
SkyBurner JB

Post by SkyBurner JB »

PlayStation 4 version.

The 1.4 Patch messed up the lights at the main farm. The lights in town are working near the Dealership (Shop) but most of the lights on the farm buildings don't actually light up the ground under them so the farm is very dark. Also the Powerful Spotlights mod does the same thing, they look like their on but shine no light. They worked fine before 1.4 patch. I loaded gamesaves for all 3 of Giants maps, plus Mercury Farms, New Woodshire, and Hagenstedt. This map is the only one I found this problem on with the new patch and an old gamesave. I don't know if starting a new save could fix it or not, but I already started a new map when this map was updated throwing away 90+ hours invested so I won't be starting over again. If the map can't be fixed I'll just move on to one of the new maps! *censored* because I really like the map alot.

SkyBurner
Eische

Post by Eische »

CombineBert wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:49 pm Eische, thank you for the pointers. I manged to do it!
Installed GE and found the bales in the /maps/placeable/Farm/CountrySideFarm.i3d

They are all in a parent group so was nice and easy to select them all and delete them in one go.

Saved the file and reloaded the map, bales are gone. Wahoo!

Brought 16 straw and 16 hay bales from the store and placed them in the same area in stacks of 4. Saved the game.

Found reference to the bales in the items.xml within the savegame folder, thanks again Eische. Each bale had a single line of XML and was in multiple places within the file. Here is an example

<item className="Bale" id="6" filename="$data/objects/squarebales/baleStraw240.i3d" position="-52.7889 100.2880 134.1764" rotation="-179.9962 0.3290 0.0066" valueScale="1.000000" fillLevel="4000.000000" farmId="1"/>
I copied all of them into the items.xml file within the xml folder of the mod. Each line was amended from the above to read thus.

<item className="Bale" filename="$data/objects/squarebales/baleStraw240.i3d" position="-52.3055 101.0896 136.6342" rotation="179.9734 -0.4687 0.0236" valueScale="1.000000" fillLevel="4000.000000" defaultFarmProperty="true" farmId="1"/>
The id attribute was removed and the defaultFarmProperty added. Saved and relaunched a new game and the bales are there and can pick them up etc. Recompressed the patch and it all works fine.

Interestingly, the seed, fert and lime pallets you start with are in the vehicles.xml? Maybe pallets are different, to bales at least.

This is my first time editing a map and happy with how it went. I work in IT and familiar with XML etc so maybe this was of an advantage. I will have no hesitations removing things going forward. If there is an easier, better or preferred way of achieving what I have done I am welcome to advice and feedback please.

Seeing the map in the editor first the first time gives me an even greater respect to map makers, you folks are amazing!
You are welcome. Great that it worked out fine and thanks for the detailed description of your steps.
Will help others with the same problem! *thumbsup*
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
BartinKila

Post by BartinKila »

Thus far I have had two issues with this map.
The sheep pen cannot be cleaned up and the cleanliness keeps dropping.
I tried to use the free trees to plant but got a "to many trees" error that I cannot find my way around.
Overall, loving this map. The narrow little backroads and elevation changes make the map hard to stop playing.

Any advice on these two issues.

Update
The sheep area is a land ownership issue and requires you to purchase the land in order to clean the sheep pen but not to place sheep, water, food or collect wool....
Tree issue remains
Last edited by BartinKila on Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Attack Wave

Post by Attack Wave »

IceUul wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 9:03 am
Tylercheesey1986 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 8:34 am Giants and modders need to work out a way to overcome this starting slot count issue. I don't know much about tech but surely there must be a way to build maps that don't use up any slots
You must me joking? Maps that do not use any slots? Even a blank map use some slots.
There is a only solution for this. Wait for next generation console or buy PC.
I’m sorry, but your comment really irritates me. The slot count with FS19 with regards to modded maps are pretty excessive. The same map with FS17, we had huge fleets across any map, here however it’s tiny.

Think before you type please.
PS4 Gamer. Currently Playing in the Yukon whilst back to Gold Mining.

PS4: Karatekid_30

Go pro or go home *thumbsup*
Guil

Post by Guil »

Tone down the attitude please, you need to realize that the game is more demanding than previous games.